"2014 Membership Update – New Benefits for Valued Members"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LightningWolfTigrBer, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightningWolfTigrBer

So I just received this email:
    CUSTOMER SERVICE NOTIFICATION

Dear PlanetSide 2 Premium Member,

We regularly evaluate our offerings at SOE to ensure we are consistently delivering great games and products, while also offering exceptional value to our players. Given that we just started a new year it seemed like the perfect time to add more value!

The week of February 3rd, 2014 we will be making a very important change to Premium Membership in PlanetSide 2. The current benefit of receiving 500 Station Cash (SC) monthly will be replaced with a new benefit that allows you to select one single item valued up to 2000 SC each month. Nearly all items within the games’ Marketplace will be available for this selection. Player Studio items, bundles and additional exclusions may apply. This new benefit must be claimed each month that you are a member as it will not carry over to subsequent months.

We appreciate our customers, especially our valued members, and therefore are excited to bring you this additional value.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in game soon.

Best,
    Sony Online Entertainment LLC

Thought I'd share.
  2. Daemeon

Got the same email. I glossed over the details but now that I see that Player Studio stuff is exempt I am less than happy about this.
  3. Sordid

• Up x 1
  4. LightningWolfTigrBer

Same. Without including bundles what single item even sells for 2000SC? The fancy trim guns? Those are all lame. Plus now I wont even have the option to use that SC in other games. Less than impressed with this, and will more than likely cancel my subscription. The resource bonus and SC accrual for EQN were the only reasons I bothered to maintain it.
    I suppose I probably should have looked there..
  5. Selerox

This move has been pretty much universally condemned by the playerbase. I know a few players who've cancelled membership over this already, and I'm expecting to hear about more pretty soon.
    • Up x 3
  6. f0d

yeah i dont like this at all
    i will be cancelling my membership (for the second time - i only just resubbed) because of what they consider "additional value" (lol)

it wouldnt have been too bad if they let us have bundles upto 2000sc or player studio items but all the exclusions just make this not worth it
    • Up x 4
  7. Bierno

I dunno if i like this new change... as much as it sound nice that it up to 2000SC... 500SC was more than enough for me with sales etc.. because 1 item per month and limited selection sounds pretty lame.. all weapon cost only 700SC.. and with 500SC plus daily/premium sale.. got you a decent amount of stuff.. like Armor as example, doesnt cost alot.. but would be wasted if you use your 1 month voucher on it... but with 500SC, i could of bought a bunch of armor/camo
  8. pnkdth

I'm not cancelling anything untill I see what's actually available.

Hopefully they will realise that to limit players who actively put down money each month for a F2P game is a very stupid idea.
  9. janeTEXAS

"Player Studio items, bundles and additional exclusions may apply"

:p
  10. Oreo202

Without player studio items... there's no point to this change. They haven't released official helmets in ages, and haven't released new weapons for months. I was considering buying membership again before I saw that I couldn't get my hats.
  11. lNeBl

Considering there are no 2000 SC items in this game other than GOld versions of cheaper weapons, this is hilariously worded to trick people into believing they are getting something good in exchange for losing their 500 SC.
    • Up x 6
  12. Nerovox

Its an odd move, I don't know how i feel about it.
    • Up x 1
  13. Phyr

looks like a downgrade.
    • Up x 4
  14. avery649

• Up x 8
  15. Sen7rygun

^ this guy knows.
  16. DG-MOD-02

Please continue this discussion in the main thread linked a few posts up. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.