Customer Service Announcement: Premium Membership

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donaldson Jones

Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.
    • Up x 1
  2. SomeRandomGuy

Okay, I never post on forums Its not my thing I like to lurk, I am not an eloquent person. However today I just want to say you really need to rethink this one guys. I have a membership and frankly I now only keep it for the extra resource and exp, when the resource revamp happens as far as I can tell beyond getting cosmetics membership will become a very expensive way to skip the Que. But since while in Que it is possible to play on whatever continent you are already on (and with the lattice coming to all of them no one is strictly worse then any other) and further more with the continental lattice ques will become either impossible or insane to keep in the current state. Hence I assume the cause behind this change is to replace these two defunct benefits however this is not well... just not good enough. You will have to think of some new none pay to win benefits to supplement this kind of awkwardly lame one.

I am going to go back to lurking now
    • Up x 7
  3. kerzain

Dear Planetside 2 Money Department,

I regularly evaluate the offerings from SOE to ensure I am consistently being delivered great games and products, while also being offered exceptional value. Given that we just started a new year it seemed like the perfect time re-evaluate!

The week of February 3rd, 2014 I will be making a very important change to my Premium Membership level in PlanetSide 2. Though the current benefit of receiving 500 Station Cash (SC) monthly is a huge part of the reason why I am a subscriber in the first place, I am not at all interested in the plan to replace it with a new program that allows me to select one single item valued up to 2000 SC each month. Because Players Studio, bundles and additional exclusions apply, this new rule has helped me to decide to cancel my subscription at the end of January, and to keep it cancelled for all subsequent months.

I appreciate the dev team, especially the ones that delivered the OMFG performance update, but I am not at all interested in what the bean counters are trying to twist and spin as "additional value."

Thank you for your continued support, and I look forward to utilizing all the F2P benefits of the game soon.

Best,

kerzain
    • Up x 20
  4. kerzain

We already have those. There's at least pistol I can think of off the top of my head.
  5. Kirdra

What irritates me more is that some of us have been around long enough to know what the membership bonus was before the 500SC.

The resource cap being higher.

Now that my vehicles can explode in a split second from people lagging with AV weapons, it'd really be nice to not sit around waiting to get another one. You know, those of us who like to have fun with the air/armor part of the game?

Rather than only getting to choose one measly item a month. It's more insulting than the great deal you make it out to be.
    • Up x 5
  6. willowstyle

hopefully my 1 year premium is nearly finished..
    force player to buy what u want and not what they want.. smart^^

good scam soe, and of course i am sure we cant expect warning ingame or timer giving us exact time lasting to buy our monthly thing.

u go in the wall in nearly each decision u make!
    why dont we have dev like on EVE who listen to us and not listen to them..
    • Up x 4
  7. Doc Jim

Since launch I have made use of micro transactions without actually becoming a member, I recently started to toy with the idea of subscribing. Well, let's just say, this change has made my decision a lot easier. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope...
    • Up x 11
  8. Adizzlealex

i like the change, bit annoyed about the player made content missing out, but other than that see little downside
  9. Runsta

2 things: 1, i thought I had an extra free month of membership that I was never credited for. 2, my membership was renewed last month. WTF SOE, this is not what I paid for, and I have a year membership. Here you go and change the values with a month notice? WTF is this.
    • Up x 3
  10. Selerox

The value of Play Studio submissions just dropped as members won't be able to buy submissions with their bonus. This means less submissions. This is bad for the game.

The value of a membership just dropped for a lot of players. This means less subscribers. This is bad for the game.

The value of SOE's "player goodwill" just dropped, as members yet again get nervous about SOE moving the goalposts yet again. This means players will be more nervous about having anything to do with PS2. This is bad for the game.

Thunderously poor community relations yet again. This is bad for the game.

If I were a Player Studio creator, I'd start creating for a developer that doesn't actively bring in policies that prevent people buying your content.
    • Up x 16
  11. Vindicore

I dislike this greatly.

SC I use primarily for cosmetics, as they cannot be brought with cert points. As such not being able to buy player studio items with it which is where the majority of cosmetic content is coming from seems like a major problem.

I have also thought that 500SC a month was a poor amount when you are paying more money than that, and always thought that 1000SC would be a better amount.

If you are going to give us more monthly, give us a flat 1000SC and leave it at that, not with random restrictions.
    • Up x 10
  12. Jeslis

As a 1 year premium member (had to cancel and re-do a plan to get the special offer one time, but Im a full year +1-2months)... I dislike this. Much more in favor of my own control on what I can spend it on, WHEN I want to spend it. Please leave it as 500sc, or increase that amount. // monthly.
    • Up x 8
  13. Frithjof

This is not additional value.
    If people normally buy 700sc items on sale for 350sc they are now paying more.
    For players that already unlocked the expensive items they are now paying full price for
    500sc camos even on a sale when they don't add additional sc with a normal sc purchase.
    And what are they going to use the "credits" for then ?
    • Up x 6
  14. Kracin

oh ok, so are we still playing the same game as before? where we buy a membership and we only get the benefits if we keep the "status" active, so that it will automatically renew when it's up unless canceled.... making it so you get an extra membership out of people who want their "benefit" but forget to cancel at the last month they have it?

no thanks, keep your membership, just gonna wait til the game dies so you can start making way for a new cash cow.

i'd also like to note that this seems more like a cleverly disguised way of keeping people from hoarding SC and using it on items they want, when they want and buying items when they are on sale with it.

if someone waits 3 months and has 1500 sc. and then camo's go on sale, they might be able to pick up quite a few camos because they were patient.

but with this new system, one camo per month, regardless of th eprice you don't get any extra back, sounds more like you are trying to slow down people purchase power who support the game.

what happens when somebody owns most of the expensive items in the game already and you force them to use or lose their 2000sc purchase on something they could purchase with their stack of certs??? what a greedy useless change. please, change it back
    • Up x 7
  15. freespace303

One of the biggest reasons I went premium is for the 500sc every month. Why this change? This really upsets me.
    • Up x 12
  16. darkbouzouf

december sales for members :
    1 month = 500 SC + every day for ten days = 1 SC stuff to buy = 10 items + 490 SC left

with the new system you will have to wait for nearly 1 year to have the same 1SC item = 1 month unlock...

membership is incredibly expensive for everybody and specially for european contries (9$ is not 1€....) 500Sc is not enought and now you give us less ?! WTF in your heads guys ?!

don't tell me "up to 2000Sc" is more and not less than 500 SC... 1 purchase is lower than that i get with 500 Sc waiting for -25% sales or simply by buying 300sc decals etc...
    and pelase don't bore us with "bundles" all membership owners get more XP and of course already unlocked with cert 99% of bundle content that can be purchased with certs, and of course we don't care about the (let me count) 5 camos bundles !! woooooooooo 5 !!

there are dozens of camo style and 5 bundles...

I want my monney back dudes

Remember guys the best way to show how you dislike being taken as ******* is here :
    https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28943
    • Up x 10
  17. ReconOne

This move really baffles me. Ok, SOE owns a lot of games. Giving people a small a moutn of station cash, sure, it makes people have to save up, or buy station cash to add to their monthly allowance for some items. That cash is also useable between games, and isnt that what a big name game comopany with several f2p titles would want? Restricting the 'purchase power' to just one game, then QUADRUPLING the amount those players get, well, wow, imean, come on! It's a great value for just the players, yet, limits them to the game and foces them to buy credits to play other games. or does it? Does it stimulate players spending habits, or does it restrict us? SOE cash game credit could wasily be used on a whim to try a new game with a bit ouf bought gear or flashy clothing etc. So does this enoucrage players to spend mopney, or the opposite? Giving us access to a 2k value item once a month? Sure we lose and they gain if say we buy a 50 credit cammo item. Sure, it would benifit them, in a way, if they hike prices or \put new items out with a huge price tag, people would opt for subscriptions. And just have to buy more credits for more expensive items, with a price hike. These are just my thoughts, as i'm typing this, trying to figure out the point. To me, it seems more likely for SOE to lose money doing this. It just seems to have as many pitfalls as positives. So, unless there are price changes or new more costly offerings, I dont see this as benifiting SOE much, f2p players at all, and subs one way or the other.
    • Up x 2
  18. NC_agent00kevin

It seems more like a way to get players (that pay for memberships already) to buy SC by denying them certain items in the store, under the guise of giving them more.
    • Up x 12
  19. SergeantNathan

Not a good deal for me. Outside of 750SC visual thingies and the occasional 1000SC camo, all items (or at least the ones I'm interested in) are 700SC. And outside of 3 exceptions in the past, I never get something not on sale or in a 50%-or-more-off bundle. So with the consistent 50% sales, I was paying 350SC for my monthly item, and that 150SC left over piled up.

Mind you, this is all irrelevant if SOE goes back to the poo-poo'ed practice of not doing 50% discounts, but 25% instead. Then yah, I'll take one "thing" instead.
    • Up x 3
  20. Oblomoff

What about the "all access pass" - will it still have the 500 sc benefit (along or instead?) or will all games change to this scheme?

I don't get why people are so upset about it though, you can use normal SC to purchase items on sale and get camo/weapon bundles once a month, or even special versions like black/gold revolvers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.