Possible upcoming armors sneak peek

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Oreo202

I need these. Anyone who doesn't like them doesn't have to buy them. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

This is concept art that looks nothing like anything out of Cartoon Network. If anything, this concept art looks more serious than the ingame artwork. Planetside 2 is a colorful and 'silly' game. If you want a game with a bunch of boring colors that always looks the same, go play Call of Duty. The most colorful things in those games are shipping crates.
    • Up x 3
  2. Lamat

They ARE evil demons. Which must be purged from Auraxis. While the enemies of liberty still draw breathe there can be no peace.
    • Up x 1
  3. CHDT65

Do you see often asymmetrical elements on a Ferrari ?

Just imagine the actress you find the most attractive and see her with a twisted nose.

No, on a face, on a body, on a vehicule, asymmetry is always bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetry#In_aesthetics

Things are of course different for photography framing, building design, furniture or picture composition.
  4. CHDT65

As long as they stay optional and never land on the standard equipments.

I would nevertheless have pain to not teamkill guys wearing those things to clean my visual space, like with those guys wearing stupid hats.
  5. Oreo202

Wow. You must really hate TF2. And also: really, you'd have trouble putting aside your personal preferences for the good of your team?
  6. CHDT65

Not really, TF2 has choosen a cartoon style and in this style, it's quite well done.

PS2 art team seems to be posed between two chairs, not very "comfortable" about style.
    Just look at the Prowler now and the Prowler as a concept art.
    • Up x 1
  7. CHDT65

Btw, if SOE wants my money, they should instead make SYMMETRICAL mods for the tanks turrets, either for the Vanguard or the Prowler.
  8. Hatesphere

he doesn't like things that arent symmetrical. what do you expect. despite the fact that asymmetry can be carried into the space of armor design without the world stopping.
    • Up x 3
  9. Winfield

Speak for yourself. I'd buy the **** out of that.

GIVE ME THAT ARMOR SOE, I WILL BUY IT EVEN IF IT'S 40€. MY WALLET IS READY.

(CHDT65 is a master-level troll)
    • Up x 2
  10. Makora

Interesting. But I'll temper my expectations and wait for a released, ingame version.
    • Up x 1
  11. Consumer

Yeah, I don't fully understand what he's going on about. Symmetry is as natural as asymmetry is. Otherwise all prose would be palindromes, everyone would be ambidextrous, and the ultimate icon of beauty would be a sphere for its superior symmetry.

I, too, liked the tiny bit of asymmetry used for the NC armor (though I guess the soldier's out of luck if he or she is left-handed). It's unarguable that symmetry and lack thereof are both equal components to design, so I wouldn't bother arguing with people who need the point hammered in their brains.

---

On another note, I've seen a few of your posts and can see your interest in your current/prospective career, but also an issue pushing at the back of my mind. So, I'd like reference you to a very nice book I read more than a decade ago yet only more applicable now: Artists, Craftsmen and Technocrats: The Dreams, Realities and Illusions of Leadership detailing a categorization of workers and people as a whole into three generalizations (and its hybrids), thereby going into greater detail that and why not all people can or will understand the Artist's traits, including design, the Craftsman's, including logic, and the Technocrat's, including procedure. It also details more about the types of people in workplaces and ways of identifying and communicating with each one--also criticizing a considerable historical increase of Technocrats (or, at least, their influence) in the leadership roles of workplaces, companies, and society. That all sounds like a soulless plug for the book, but it really did give some valuable insight that has kept me from becoming frustrated with people whose brains are just wired differently, even with people of the same category.

So, more simply, it helped me waste less time with people who don't relate with you the way you expect them to or just don't care about the things you do. It sucks that not everyone will get you, but that's just the way it is and you should find comfortable ways to approach when it does. Because you'll see that other people may be more ruthless, closed-minded, or armored than you (which stereotypically, technocrats are more practiced at being), and when that happens you shouldn't need to stand against or back down. That's not at all to be condescending to any person (though artists and craftsmen observably are more at ease with one another and have been pushed out of a numbers-managed corporate environment), as it does apply to the interpersonal relations of all people.

And indeed, from what I've read, you are an Artist, though you may identify traits of a Craftsman or Technocrat upon introspection. Of course none of any of this means that a person will be a good artist, craftsmen, or technocraft nor does it disqualify them from working in fields that shouldn't fit as easily with their personality, but it does distinguish his or her affinity or even extremity to its characteristics.
    • Up x 1
  12. Hatesphere

Thanks for that advice I will look into that book.
  13. MurderBunneh

14. MurderBunneh

Antenna for communicating with the mothership/hivemind.
  15. LordShockTitan

Ok... the VS armor looks epic, but it looks soooooo similar to the one in WoW, the Deepholm armor (cant think what its called), but it looks very similar to that
  16. IamDH

These armors look amazing. I having doubts that they will actually release them with such detail and differences. I would really love it if they did because it would be worth the time
    • Up x 2
  17. Chipay

Did you know: Humans prefer people who have a slightly asymmetrical instead of a 100% symmetrical face.
    Asymmetry is natural, our faces are asymmetrical, our left our isn't as long as our right arm and your left ball/breast isn't as big as your right one, symmetry is forced.
    • Up x 1
  18. Hatamoto

Please change the VS helmet ... its not up to par with TR and NC
  19. Hibiki54

That NC Armor concept would look great with my Swagdanna.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. Maljas23

Lol no, take any class dealing with design work. They will tell you first thing symmetry is boring, unnatural and not creative.
    • Up x 2