What's the situation with Mattherson NC?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devrailis, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Giggily

Lol admitting to crutching.
  2. Zorro

That would actually be quite fun, if longer weapons than a mere knife were allowed.
  3. Negator

yeah, gotta keep things interesting. On the real, everyone has getting tons of noobs lately, VS performance in general is in par with the other factions lately
  4. Mordgier

Zorro wants to fight with "long knives" - why am I not surprised?
    • Up x 1
  5. Negator

Either that or getting farmed by better players right
  6. Messaiga

I don't know a damn thing about what Mattherson NC is like, but all I can say is if you want to get something done, do it yourself. If you think you are up to it, get as many outfit leaders in a TS3 server or something like that and talk this stuff out, get everybody to cooperate, etc. It's possible to set up a whole relay system in order to deliver information to almost the whole NC server population on Mattherson, as long as you are willing to go through the process of setting up something as complicated as that.
  7. Sock

Please explain to me how a revivable, walking tank with insane firepower that you can swap on the fly for AI, AV, or AA isn't a crutch? Like I said, if they were just used to break stalemates or soak up fire in big fights it'd be fine, but people rely heavily on them all the time. You know what less skilled players could do? Actually try to get better rather than rely on a cooldown I WIN button.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheBlindFreak

My only problem with the NC Command at the moment is that the idiots like to zerg push straight to the boundary between TR and VS.

Which basically causes both the TR and VS to focus on us and ignore each other.
  9. Mordgier

Please explain how ranged weapons aren't a crutch?
    Like I said, skilled players should use nothing but knives in honorable 1 v 1 fights. Less skilled players could stand aside and watch the skilled players knife fight - and maybe just maybe the unskilled unwashed masses could learn something rather than rely on ranged weapons that require so little skill compared to knives.
    • Up x 1
  10. Devrailis

I think this attitude that you mention (and that your quoted poster displays) comes about because a lot of people still don't "get" what Planetside 2 is about, and they play it like it's a session based arena shooter with a scoreboard at the end where the guy at the end of the match with the most "skill" wins. It isn't, and it has not been designed to be.

PS2 is supposed to be a massive scaled combined arms war game with a first person perspective. It wants to cater to those run and gun types but also to people who want to direct tactics, battle flow and strategy. It gives tools to players to accomplish many different objectives.

People who obsess purely about infantry combat and skill really just miss out on the point of the game. You're a cog in the machine, the game isn't here to cater to your special snowflake ego, you're just 1 guy out of thousands. In the heat of battle when you have multiple platoons with armour, air and infantry bearing down from every direction, nobody is going to give a **** how good you think you are with an LMG or AR.

You can arbitrarily cut out vital parts of the game because of your own self-imposed limitations, but that doesn't mean anyone else has to play by your rules.
    • Up x 6
  11. Mordgier

Says the SHOTGUN MAX! That's TWO crutches detected!

Maxes can't even use knives! NO HONOR
    • Up x 1
  12. Sock

This is an interesting comment from someone with 25 days played in a MAX.
    • Up x 1
  13. Messaiga

Well, for one, it costs 350 infantry resources. Secondly, they require quite heavy support unless the Max is in a fight of 1-12 people. Finally, Max's are super slow, so once you pull one you gotta make sure you have a way to get to the next base (without wasting half of your resource pool by leaving the Max). Max's are super easy to kill, Rocket Launchers, Tank Shells, anything explosive will give an easy kill against a Max.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mordgier

Does it bother you that his KDerr is double what yours is?
  15. Messaiga

He's a BR 100 (and from DasAnFall), I think it is safe to say that he doesn't give a damn about it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pruto

It's a padded KDR and not even a good one. If anything it entertains me when this guy walks around with better KDR and an SPM that is actually decent. 98 SPM in a max suit of all things reeks of risk aversion
  17. Sock

Only if it bothers him that my SPM is 5 times his.
  18. Mordgier

High XP/min reeks of reznade spamming (or infantry farming with a lightning but that's actually true so not funny) - which is dishonorable because rezing doesn't even belong in a skill based game.
    • Up x 1
  19. Sock

And a 98 SMP with a KPM under .4 reeks of someone avoiding any real fights. Clearly he's a vital cog in the machine, honorably defending towers from an onslaught of four BR10s.
  20. Negator

Ignoring his silly comment, some folks wont ever break .4 kd, and that's fine. He's allowed to play PS2
    • Up x 3