Something's [Wrong]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Styrkr, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shd

Are you actually complaining that the NC is now competitive ? Forumside is forumside but for someone to actually come here and complain about things being balanced, wow.
  2. John_Aitc

I really enjoy fighting the NC more than the VS simply because of the real gun sounds. A TR and NC fight seems more chaotic with explosions and gun sounds coming from everywhere.

On Connery, I am glad that the NC are back. I think the 4th Faction has a lot to do with the population because of the surprising lack of VS at the moment. It is good to see some of the old true NC back as well.

I will never understand the 4th Faction. Where does their fun come from if they can only play if they have the most or the best of something. The struggle and challenge to win is what keeps me interested in the game. (plus the horns)
  3. Styrkr

OK #1: this is not a complaint, it is an inquiry.
    #2 I am not saying NC is OP nor am I saying they need to be nerfed.

What I am saying is that the NC on Waterson is the dominating faction and I wanted opinions as to why.
    Thank you to those who provided legit answers. And shame on those who pointed fingers at me.

The reason I asked for NC players not to mention my 2nd thought was an attempt to prevent narcissistic spam. If you continued to read you would see that I asked for replies from realistic, seasoned players. They are less likely to feed me egotistical crap and more likely to provide solid input, ignoring my request not to mention my 2nd thought.

I'm glad the NC is now a challenge. It was absurd of the devs to keep them down for so long.

I can't believe I was crucified for asking a question! Sorry if I bruised your fragile NC egos :/
  4. Ash87

I haven't noticed a single change in the NC.

The NC on my server are just the same as they were Pre-patch, but now there are more of them.
  5. Styrkr

I'm saying TR and VS need to kick it up a notch. I'm asking "why".
  6. ABATTLEDONKEY

Hmmm, on connery, our dang NC brothers cant seem to keep 25% territory with 40% pop. Connery NC intelligence is lower than lock-on rocket skill. I cannot tell you how many times Me and my brother have single handedly turned a tide in a 48+ battle simply by sundy hunting, or [:eek:] playing the objective.

On other servers NC may be a potent fighting potential. On connery, they are just certs for the masses. thats why the TR and VS always fight on the NC front.

As to your question OP, i think the answer is simple. all 3 factions were brought in line. This change, albiet balanced, is noticeable. your not noticing any change in the NC, your just noticing a change in the end result.

Also, I dont think your #2 is that far off. not as exaggerated as you placed it, but being an UP faction teaches you patience, control, and aim. now bring them in line with the other factions and you have good habits combined with good equipment. now even thou you, yourself, may be better than the average NC, your teammates arnt, and so you get screwed more often than before.
  7. come1l

I am TR myself but NC to me always means easy certs
  8. MedecineMan

Alerts won in the last 24 hours across all servers.

TR 94
    VS 81
    NC 60
    Draw 36

From ps2alerts.com

Can't vouch for the accuracy of these statistics but as they are the only ones I can find i'm going to say OP's argument has no weight. Give me some numbers and stats showing NC outperforming the other empires by large margins, and i'll retract my comments, until then...shut up and l2p bro.
  9. control-z

As an NC player it has "seemed" to me that VS have been more powerful since the balance patch, except Maxes. Maybe the lack of Nanoweave headshot protection has created a VS advantage in shooting heads with no bullet drop.
  10. Poorform

I got used to the AC-X11 pre-patch. Post patch it's a goddamned monster. I think all of the time we've spent using sub-par gear and managing to remain competitive has finally come around to fruition now that we have stat equivalency.
    • Up x 1
  11. Styrkr

My opinions and observations don't need numbers. When I see the NC needs 3 territories for a Dominating Victory, that speaks for itself. That was a rare sight pre-PU02, now it's pretty common.

Thanks for your answers from those of your who answered the question as asked. I'll be closing the thread since some people have bigger egos than brains.
  12. TheFamilyGhost

Considering the data that drives the changes, one can only watch and hope to adapt.

Weapon performance per a set of physical rules is non-existent, and for this reason, trying to figure it out is fruitless.

One of the things this lawless changing of weapon abilities creates is a culture of the loudest mouth gets fed. I really don't care who got buffed or nerfed. Trying to make sense of it will drive me mad. I know my weapon still kills hen I use it properly, and I have to content in that.
  13. DG-MOD-02

Please keep posts constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.