So NC is the OP 4th faction now that everyone likes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JasonVoorhees, Dec 27, 2013.

1. HellionX

Meh I've had my fun with it. Opinions are dangerous when it comes to new players. Not saying you're new. But when I see 17 likes and the sentence ZOE is still the best max ability after it has clearly been totally decimated it makes me incredibly tired of the ZOE tears over the last months.

To be honest I never used ZOE while it was good. I think I may have had a total of 50 kills when It was active. Further to that I should thank sony for nerfing ZOE into oblivion because I have recently started playing a max and I frequently go on 30+ kill streaks not using ZOE and I have no embarrassment using a max now. However It has caused a massive shift in my empires population. The fourth empire is a fickle bunch. I guess what I'm saying is

[IMG]

I'm tired of it.
  2. Spolin

No, it really isn't. The main use for ZOE was its mobility, never its measly damage boost. After the patch, not only can you only have it up at best 50% of the time, the speed boost is bad and the damage boost may as well not be there.

Charge is now the best ability.
  3. NC_agent00kevin

:eek:
  4. Mhak

That's true, and part of where the irony is. You probably know how useless lockdown is for TR, and you might have been able to tell by shooting NC MAXs that the shield is not so much a shield as a big blue C4-MEPLZ beacon that doesn't stop much damage.

VS are the only faction that has a MAX ability that can be used to clear a point or room. ZOE has nearly identical DPS increase to Lockdown, except it retains mobility. The constant uptime mobility increase *was* too powerful and needed toning down, no matter what happened to it people would have been enraged and complained. Same thing happened to harasser farmers, they want their farm equipment back.

You saw all the likes because you saw a lot of NC and TR still totally willing to trade their faction MAX abilities for ZOE, because as bad as you say ZOE is, theirs are still worse.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bisher

Also 99% of your stats or facts were just plain wrong. Pulling a random population at a random time, taking your bias in the account and adding a few more percent to look right....

On Miller most alerts start quite evenly spread. VS have had massive populations on some alerts, breaking well over 40%, winning, then claiming superiority. But we have also seen NC go toward 40%. Miller entirely depends who gets the early advantage, what outfits are online and if they have numbers and/or are active in the alert. In a recent alert, TR were sat on 27% in another recently 38%, 4th faction goes where it goes, they DO NOT, purely chose one faction, but they are much less likely to chose TR at this current time.

During off alert times, TR tends to have a good base population as a lot of outfits came from PS1 and joined TR Miller, but again, its normally evenly spread, given 2-3% either way. NC have had the pop often since the last patch getting the best end of the stick. VS also have enjoyed some large pops, but so have TR.

But again, you can log on anytime and see a freak population as this guy has quoted.

As for weapon balance, my opinion, unlike the guy I quoted throwing manure at a wall hoping it sticks. Everything is pretty well balanced at the moment, and only a few things in the game tilt the balance if on equal standing. A few weapons on NC since the patch are very strong, maybe I would argue a tiny bit too accurate for the damage they output, especially on LMG side, but nothing anywhere near game breaking or OP, just a little irritating.

TR ALSO, have inaccuracy in most weapons just as much as and in a lot of cases more than NC, due to high ROF, thus having bigger clips to compensate. I think if we are arguing over split hairs, it proves things are pretty balanced.
  6. RubberFur

As it currently stands. NC/TR are one in the same. TR finally know how the NC have felt this entire time with that whole recoil adding. As for the VS, I see far more magriders than before. I'd say they got more a buff than a nerf at that rate.
    • Up x 1
  7. Vorxil

:eek::eek::eek:
    http://1.bp.************/-vpE6uMJ37dk/UOScrne47aI/AAAAAAAAEL4/Ki-4IWO-SoY/s1600/ron-paul.gif
  8. ColdCheezePizza

I don't think NC is op now, it's more like all of the NC players that jumped ship to VS because they didn't want to be farmed by ZOE are starting to play their NC mains again. IMO all of the factions right now are the most balanced they have ever been.