The C85 Canister

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Darkraver, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Darkraver

HEy Hello All ,

What do u guys find of the new Canister SHOTGUN :mad: for NC ?
    We all Now that Soe did but it . ( by changing the name of it )
    But IMO is stil is a Crap gun .

Can we get SOE to totally re diseing that gun for us ?
    • Up x 1
  2. Winfield

I have posted this once, and I will post it again.

[IMG]

PS: Higby: I will never ever use the C85 in it's current state. NEVER.
  3. Naduron

Aren't you happy that you got a weapon that is built for protecting you against c4.
    As long as they dont throw the c4 on you from 10m away. then you are ****t.
  4. Larolyn

It's actually quite good now. I mean, it was terrible before but now it is ok. The velocity changes are huge and you feel the difference straight away. I've been using the C85 for about 4 months now for funsies and was surprised at just how effective it has become since the update. Also does quite a bit of damage to Harassers and ESFs now. If you never used it before, now is a good time to get it. If you have used it before now is a good time to dust it off and try it again.

If I was to push the sale for the C85 it would be something like this: "C85, it's not as bad as you think".
    • Up x 2
  5. dvizer

Its ok now, but killing with it still has the humiliation factor so for that alone its worth using.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kitakami

C'mon, go to VR Training, try out the Cannister, then try out the Kobalt. The Kobalt is a maniac-killer compared to the Cannister. I can think of literally no reason why you'd use the Cannister in preference to a Kobalt or, if in need of light armour damage, a Basilisk.
    • Up x 4
  7. Kumaro

till think they should turn it into a stronger version of the ESF shotgun :(
    • Up x 1
  8. Taemien

They need to goof up a patch on it and have the thing fire dalton rounds instead of pellets... let it ride for about 2-3 days for kicks.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hoki

A good way to patch weapons is to force the designers to use the weapon in question.

That is, joshua and higby or whoever MUST use the least popular weapons and are not allowed to use anything else until there is a general consensus that the weapon is useful.
    • Up x 2
  10. Klypto

It's a defensive weapon.
  11. ABATTLEDONKEY

Despite contrary opinion of some in this thread, I still think the canister is absolutely horrid. the problem is that SOE polished a turd, and now people are saying "hey look! it looks a little better!" its still a turd. the design concept lies at the heart of the issue. There have been plenty of suggestions by forum members on how to make this thing viable. its amazing that SOE still lets this thing underperform. There is no reason to use the canister over teh kobalt or basalisk.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

They just need to add the Quake 3 "humiliation" voice.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lucidius134

with the COF on the Kobalt now it seems totally viable.

I like alot of the changes on paper. That said, i'm taking a break from PS2 until i'm not working 40 hours a week with 8 hours between shifts.
  14. Epic High Five

The best part about that Vanguard C85 is that you can have a single "good" run of kills and end up in the top 10 all time scorers for a weapon that has been out since release.

I think that SOE got creative in fixing it this time, but if it's going to compete with the NS options it needs to literally be an airhammer aka give the pellets splash
    • Up x 2
  15. Devrailis

I'm having fantasies of getting my slugged Mattock MAX suit welded to the top of a Manguard. I'd be just like the C85 Canister, except twice as effective with twice the range.
    • Up x 1
  16. WolfA4

Well the Air Hammer works mainly because it's on a flying platform that can get into range quickly and get out of danger quickly. Even if they 100% copied the Air Hammer and stuck it on the ground vehicles it wouldn't be anywhere near as effective because of the lack of speed and maneuverability compared to an ESF.
    • Up x 1
  17. Darkraver

U are Right we mount the kobalt on our harrasser becouse its way better that the Canister if u want to fight AI .
    But in comparisen whit the Tr and VS its still UP imo .
  18. Kitakami

• Up x 1
  19. TTex11

It's better than it used to be, but is it still inferior to the other weapons in this role? Yes.

Is it still fun to splatter infantry close-up with it? .....yes.
  20. Jablon

Everyone who uses Kobalt instead of Cannister is either crypto-republican or Vanu 5th columnist.

Because there a two things that true NC patriots care about: Bonus Cheques and Points for Style. And those points are scored by killing people with Cannister, not Kobalt.
    • Up x 2