Worldwide NC pop skyrocketed after PU02

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MGP, Dec 23, 2013.

1. TeknoBug

Why did NC pops skyrocket? I haven't seen that yet, last I logged in NC was 31% while TR was 36%, and that was during primetime. Is it because of the Reaper DMR buff? I'm the only one that ever uses it in the fights I'm in anyways. :p
  2. Morti

I think this image sums up how most of the 4th factioners feel about TR and VS right now
    [IMG]

Honestly I wish it never came to this, because overwhelming bases and sitting there doing nothing for 5 minutes is a boring FPS game
    • Up x 1
  3. Aegie

Mostly, IMO, this is a problem with the existence of spawn rooms and how capture points are based on timers.

If I had it my way there would be no spawn rooms and no waiting for a timer. You would have to actually sustain your own front lines with equipment and would take territory based on a function of population density.

End result, of course, is that you would not spend any time waiting but, of course, "steamrolling" in certain situations would be much faster. Still, so what? No waiting and no spawn room warriors and if enough 4th factioners jump aboard then the faction quickly caps the continent and either moves on to another continent, or enough players switch back in anticipation of the push back, or enough players simply take a break because they feel they have actually acheived something and then populations settle.
    • Up x 2
  4. Vinakis

Wow, the 'All Worlds' population peaked around 4k for each faction...Just think, if all the servers were merged into three, there would be massive battles on every continent, with some left over for space. :D
  5. MGP

Omg. Miller, aka "TR homeworld" currently showing global NC pop at 41%, and it's not even alert time! Go 50% NC pop!
  6. MGP

Yep. Total garbage.
    [IMG]
  7. MorganM

I would attribute this more to old NC guys coming back to try out the buffs. Seen a lot more DVS, TIW, and DREV on Waterson lately. Guys I hadn't seen in a while are back now.
    • Up x 1
  8. Aegie

Possible in any MAX. Also, note where the death came from?
    • Up x 1
  9. MGP

Go ahead, do this in TR MAX.
  10. Zazen

We've reached the 1 year mark, which means a lot of people have a BR100 character. It also means a lot of people may be suffering from burn out, especially if they've only every played for one faction. It was the fact that I really had nothing useful to buy anymore on my BR100 character that led me to try TR & VS.

Up to this point in the game's development, NC has been pretty frustrating to play in many respects. With very few exceptions, anything the NC could do the VS and/or TR had something that could do it better & faster. Now that the TR & VS got some of their most popular toys nerfed a bit, the fair weather friends they inherited over the past year are jumping ship.
    • Up x 1
  11. RF404

Here's a thought:
    TR (on Miller) has had the vast majority of BR 100 players (46%) for quite a while. Maybe (just maybe) more and more of them has started to level up their other alts?
  12. Campagne

I agree completely with everything.

It disappoints me that the few loyal NC players are being swamped by fourth factioners though. Nothing but zergs most of the time on either end, but at least before there was plenty to shoot at. It's also too bad happen to fall under the umbrella of the "OP over-pop faction flavor of the month" thing. :(
  13. Aegie

In order for balance this kind of thing is necessary- the fair weather players are just trying to find an advantage and IMO, if the devs did a good job, they will not be able to find it. NC had solid populations even when it was clear by the data that NC was UP so part of the issue is just that NC has a kind of loyalty the other factions do not seem to enjoy. This compounds things, of course, because the loyal NC stay and the fair weather TR/VS go looking for an advantage that I hope they cannot find and therefore will return shortly (much like the last time NC was over populated).
  14. Campagne

Unfortunately so. I cannot honestly say that I think balance will ever come within PS2's lifespan, but I hope to be proven wrong.

Soon I would hope to have things back to their normal state, TR/VS/newly-added faction-specific content is OP threads included.
  15. Aegie

Personally, I dislike most the "newly-added faction-specific content OP threads". My hope is that the new figures show the gap between NC and TR/VS has shrunk in the areas where it was most glaring but preferrably NC is still lacking enough in certain metrics (like the Vanguard with the relatively poor SPM) so that we can shed any 4th factioners snooping around for advantages like happened earlier this year- NC was over populated for a month or so due purely to perception and then things evened out for the most part. Of course, things quickly shifted again for more obvious, data supported, reasons but I think most of those glaring issues have been more or less resolved (i.e. Striker, Vulcan, ZOE, and hipfire spam).

Basically, it would be great if every faction actually had a shot at competing without any one faction having really tangible advantages because I think that is the road to overall population balance (or, at least, as close as it will get).
  16. Campagne

Some of them at least serve a purpose behind the arguments and broken dreams.

One faction is always going to be the third wheel, and I doubt that will ever change. At least not for the NC. But maybe soon we can shake-off the dead-weight that has dripped down the ranks from the TR and VS.

I don't think SOE has any serious intent to balance the NC when compared to the other factions, so I don't think there'll be anymore worry about that. However, there will always those who hear about how OP Vanguard shields are, or how not-terrible the Saw is. :p
  17. MGP

18. MurderBunneh

There should be rats swimming away from the ship for it to be accurate.
    • Up x 1
  19. Goretzu

And yesterday it was 44% TR then 39% VS.

I can only imagine you were playing whichever faction had the most population at the time as usual. :D

http://www.therebelscum.net/world-population/?world_id=10
  20. MurderBunneh

Lol it must suck to be right.:D You give him hard numbers he will be back with "feelings". That train is never late to forumside.