SVA-88 still good.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Visigodo, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Visigodo

It's not the end of the world, kids.

2. MrEclectic

OK, coming from you, this doesn't count: you'd make the Polaris seem OP and get nerfed!
  3. Bankrotas

His game is so smooth...
  4. Erendil

Another cool vid, Visi. You do a good job of showing what well-honed trigger discipline can do for you. :cool:

Of course your vid doesn't really touch on the areas where the SVA was actually nerfed: namely its hipfire and long-range ADS accuracy, so I'm not surprised it was business-as-usual for you when defending a tower.

Nonetheless, good job spanking those NC though! Quite entertaining! :D
  5. shd

Still the best all purpose LMG in the game, Imo anyway.
  6. Nakar

The nerf was definite, but the thesis is correct: It's still good. Honestly, it's still good at what it was good at before, unlike some other nerfs (RIP Polaris as any sort of hipfire weapon). So it's worse at hipfire, oh boo-hoo, if only it had 75% ADS speed but didn't get the same nerfs other 75% ADS speed guns got so it can be ADSed with in closer quarters. Oh wait, that's exactly what happened to it.

I was so convinced the LSW would supplant it too. Instead the LSW got needlessly nerf-whacked and the SVA-88 is fine. O cruel irony.
  7. Erendil

I never said the SVA wasn't still good. However, it's not as versatile as it was before, which was one of its greatest strengths. The hipfire increase isn't so big of a deal in light of PU02 turning the game into headshotside. But the ADS accuracy dropped its effective range from 100m down to about 75m without having to resort to the use of a compensator, which isn't a factor for indoor firefights but hurts its utility outdoors.

It's enough of a difference from before PU02 that I'll probably stick to the Orion for combat <40m and switch to the Flare/Ursa/Eidolon if I think the engagement distance might be any longer than that.
  8. Dramonicous

I also loved Polaris pre patch, but its pretty much impossible to play with it now.
    SVA-88 is pretty much the only gun that worth using anymore.

The only LMG thats versatile enough to suit every situation.
    Sure Orion is still great, but the ammo pool is a joke.
  9. HerpTheDerp

It just has to be said that all VS LMGs are bad now because they don't have a single 0.35 moving ADS CoF option. ALL of them are 0.4 after the patch.

And that's for a faction that is supposed to have a trait of above-average moving ADS CoF accuracy...

As VS HA, don't even bother with the LMGs. Just get the Sirius.
  10. Rogueghost

What is that terrible noise that occurs at 1:53 and 3:40?
  11. NateTronic

What are your thoughts about the ursa or ns15?
    im looking for another gun to use for all purpose to get auraxium on.
    Are those better than the flare?