New Amerish Bases!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by doombro, Dec 24, 2013.

1. doombro

As usual, the teasers for the cool new stuff you never knew existed can be found on Twitter or Reddit rather than the official forums.

Pics from two redesigned heyoka satellites and the Ascent in the latticed amerish, straight from Malorn's twitter:

imgur.com/a/uJz0f
    imgur.com/a/u7tec
    imgur.com/a/3eoXW

Why do they have to make it hard to find things that excite me?
    • Up x 11
  2. zib1911

These forums are a ****hole, why would they post here lol
    • Up x 2
  3. Jeslis

Wish they'd post them here too
    Thank you for the repost .. doing SOE's job for them.
    • Up x 5
  4. Liquid23

Why would SOE post them here when they know someone else in the community will do it?... never work harder than you actually have to... lol
    • Up x 1
  5. Devrailis

Awesome pics. Amerish is my favorite cont but my least favorite place to fight on so I am definitely looking forward to the revamp.

Sadly these forums are a little too toxic with all the Nerf/Buff/Whine threads, or the #MLG serious business ranting some forumsiders enjoy engaging in.

Ignoring most of the nonsense that goes on in here is just basic sanity checking.
    • Up x 1
  6. NC_agent00kevin

Looks like some nice changes. I really like the creative design to restrict vehicles and Infantry movement; much more so than cheap, tacky walls everywhere like Esamir. Though some of the Esamir bases are awesome, many are not fun for me to play in so I rarely fight in those bases.
    • Up x 1
  7. IamDH

I doubt that the community changes when they go to twitter/reddit.
    • Up x 5
  8. HadesR

Looks like they are hopefully getting the message of using natural features such as trees to break up LoS rather than walls

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  9. kadney

I love what my eyes see. :) If all bases of PS will look like this in the future, damn, I can't wait any longer! :D
    • Up x 3
  10. Crashsplash

I like the way these look. I particularly like the way they can now stack buildings, I'm speculating but it seems as if they couldn't do this previously.

I saw a scrim on Nexus around the tech plant a little while ago and I thought that particular tech plant design was great, because of the vertical element that stacking buildings provided.
    • Up x 2
  11. sicsoo

well i think Malorn can play with the "real" ultra settigns on his level design tool, must be cool. at last give us those far away textures, we got some video ram to spare here...
  12. hansgrosse

Holy crap! I love it!

THIS is exactly what needs to happen in base revamps; they all need to feel unique and have their own "personality," and it's extra awesome when that personality fits the stated function of the base. This is a great example of that; based on the screenshots I could actually believe that I'm fighting for control of a chemical plant! Immersion is an amazing thing. This should be done with every other outpost in the game. Imagine what fighting for Esamir Munitions would be like if it actually looked like a gigantic munitions and weapons factory, complete with mechanized assembly lines and heavy machinery!

Moreover, the changes (and additions!) to the tactical considerations involved with successfully assaulting or defending this base should add a lot to the gameplay within the area.

Overall this is great, and if it's indicative of what's going to happen with the rest of Amerish I'm super stoked. If the same can be done with the other major bases and facilities then the game will pretty much become infinitely replayable IMO, because every single base would look and play differently.
    • Up x 1
  13. Pikachu

Big glowing crystals are pretty but so cliché. :L Tunnels will have a claustrophobic feeling. :rolleyes: Looking forward to those mini forests on certain bases and those big square buildings with smaller buildings on the roof. I see a force field bridge.
  14. Chipay

NC players complaining about small areas? :p
    On top of that you're supposed to be miners, you sure you joined the right faction?
  15. Pikachu

TR has the mining helmets.
    • Up x 1
  16. Chipay

You have the mining pants :p
    • Up x 1
  17. Backf1re

Amerish will be a joy to fight on once these bases are finished up. Has always been my favourite continent before, but the lack of pop always made it stale to fight on. Level team are right on track with the ideas and design IMHO; where terrain and land forms shape a base rather than walls and buildings in the middle of nowhere.

One can only dream of Indar and Esamir being redesigned with this philosophy.
    • Up x 2
  18. doombro

I just hope they've done something to water to make it feel legitimate.
  19. Hicksimus

You mean people don't like old school GTA water?
  20. doombro

You could swim in San Andreas.

Here, you just fall straight through water, and if you manage to get to the ground alive, you walk around like it was any other piece of terrain. It's just a texture with no collision or physics of any sort.

Their plan is probably to just make all water a death field that insta kills everybody who walks into it. At least, for the heyoka satellite.
    • Up x 1