Improvement suggestion 6 - capture points must be fully manned to flip

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NovaAustralis, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Hosp

Just in response to OP (To lazy to read everyones post):

- I'm ok with requiring the 6/6 (or whatever the case is) to actually turn the point itself.

- I'm NOT ok with requiring those 6 people to have to sit on the point while the territory changes hands. If a squad wants to flip it and leave, well, maybe it only takes 1 to re-secure and they should've stayed in the area to defend the flip.

- This can add a Meta-Mechanic to allow Infils Specifically to cert into and count as 2x or 3x people w/ a REK. (a step toward making them actuals infils not just snipers)
    • Up x 2
  2. Hodo

A smart inf doesnt cloak near the enemy. He/she does it far enough away that the sound isnt a factor or waits till there is enough ambient noise so it is masked. But I do agree it is absurdly loud.

The sad thing is I can do the one man cap job just as good as a LA as I can as an INF. And that is the problem, that the ONE MAN CAP HAS TO GO! I, as an individual, should not be able to cut off an entire front with a Flash and some time, or an ESF and a little creative landings.

I dont even need to stay to finish the cap, I can just start the cap and leave and move on to the next adjacent base. Which is a problem in itself.

I have even had decent success capping bases as an Engineer in a Lightning. I run out cap the point then place claymores near the spawn exit points in case of a lone defender coming to uncap it.
  3. SirBobington

If someone wants to sit back and flip a base after it's been taken I don't see a problem with that. It's one person, if the attackers don't want to defend after they take the base they should lose the base.
  4. Copyrights

Any class is better at solo capping than inf for the reasons I gave before. But when we think solo capping we think Inf (at least I do) since thats the kind of job they SHOULD be good at.

You said that as an individual you shouldn't be able to solo cap but gave no reason why. If an Empire is bad/st00pid to the point of letting some lone wolf cut off their supplies, I say why stop that said lone wolf? No matter how you look at it the problem is that the defending team had no defense whatsoever.

No matter how hard you try to fix something, you can't fix stupidity. Your duty as a good and loyal soldier is to exploit the weaknesses of your enemies.
  5. Hodo

Solo capping in a game that is supposed to be a team game is not something I want to play. The OP has a good idea, it could use some refinement but it is a good idea. Far better than the current one which is useless, might as well be playing capture the flag.
    • Up x 1
  6. NovaAustralis

I like this more than my original post!
    A couple of you have suggested similar things.

So, you would require full manning (or a few infils with the proposed cert skill) to flip a capture point, but just require a minimum of 1 person in the hex to keep it ticking over until full capture.
    I certainly don't think an empty hex should flip to the other faction just because they got the capture points then left...

I also like the idea of extending the radius of the capture points.
    This would partially solve the lack of people on the capture points in the first place.
    People can have a decent defensive position and cover arcs of fire, but still be in the radius of the capture point to help it along.

Thanks for all the feedback!
  7. Talizzar

Don't play the class if you really don't understand it. By the way an Infiltrator and a pistol is deadly.
  8. NovaAustralis

Still a valid suggestion.

Just one player can ghost-cap a continent if it's abandoned.

This doesn't promote team-work.

If all capture points required 6 players at them to be flipped, the requirement for better team-work and coordination would be higher and therefore the game would be better. (Also no ghost-caps by that one Infil who hides just before you cap a base then sneaks out later...)
  9. ManyHats

Make them require a % of players in the hex / total players logged on.

Make the XP for capping much more, to make it more worth doing.

Make cap points take a lot longer to capture.

OR

Make twenty capture points per base, not just 3.

and more importantly... give camped out spawn rooms a chance to break out... more teleporters or the ability to hot-drop back into the hex that is being held down..
    • Up x 1
  10. NovaAustralis

Could work, but what %?
    Yup. 40 XP or whatever isn't much for doing something as important as flipping the capture point, but that's because there are so damn many bases and it's too easy at the moment.
    Yes.
    Yes!
    Yes.
    More teleporters, tunnels, extra spawns, anything to make a base more defensible.