G2A lock-ons a joke now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LightPulsar, Dec 20, 2013.

1. CrashB111

I'm sorry but the game was not fine after release.

The Lolpodding and Liberator farming was far beyond excessive in the months after launch and they did need to get nerfed a bit.
    • Up x 6
  2. Hiding in VR

I think I see your problem. Those wheels on your ESF are for taxiing, not for driving into combat.

j/k I do have some sympathy, I am trying to learn to fly ... its not going well ;)
  3. MaxDamage

Not noticing any benefit to strikers.
  4. MedecineMan

Actually managed 6 kills with G2A today which was impressive for me. That said as an infantryman, I can't say i'm displeased that pilots will think twice before attempting to farm infantry using rocket pods.

Only time I see this would be an issue is when you're trying to spawn camp.
  5. Hiding in VR

Indeed. If you are having increased lock-on problems as a pilot, I expect its because everyone is trying out the changes. Can't say that my HA is finding it any easier to gain a lock :(
  6. VonStalin

They only lock more quickly when you are close. It is not fun, when your spawn room is being camped by ~7 enemy aircrafts. So faster lock on on close ranges helps to scare them away. I say scare, not kill, because after one hit, they run, repair and came back [repeat].
    And they still crying in the forums..?
    • Up x 1
  7. Phazaar

All I'm saying, is I called it.
  8. Tekuila

Infantry finally got their wish. Congratulations you've earned it, now enjoy your CoD style game and have infinite infantry only battles all day and night.

Air officially has no purpose whatsoever and no way to affect the meta game.

Truly enjoy your slowly dying game. :D
    • Up x 2
  9. LightPulsar

Who said briggs is a hard server to fly on?
  10. Hiding in VR

Have you tried the lock-on changes as infantry? Having to maintain the lock makes you sniper-bait while the ESF only needs to fly round the tower to break the lock. My HA is not finding G2A any easier.
  11. Tekuila

What difference does that make when the esf is no threat to ground targets anyways?
  12. NinjaTurtle

If it's red it's dead
    • Up x 3
  13. NinjaTurtle

SOE should be encouraging players to get better at skilled things like flying or at least using a weapon that requires some degree of leading the target.

Not giving easy to spam weapons like lock ons that don't motivate the player to get better but instead allow them to fester in their mediocrity.

I would love it if lock ons were removed entirely but fat chance of that happening

Signed
    A terrible pilot
    • Up x 2
  14. MedecineMan

That had to be a joke because no sane person barring a comedian would suggest ESFs and rocketpods are no threat to ground targets.

I am an admittedly terrible pilot and yet the reaver is my highest scoring vehicle because i kill with rocketpods.
  15. NikkoJT

Wait, did they do the maintain lock thing yet? Because I'm pretty sure I scored at least one non-LOS hit with my [NC AA lockon launcher] last night.
  16. Hiding in VR

I don't believe it effects all lock-on weapons. Whether they are going to change all of them, I don't know.
  17. NovaAustralis

Totally agree.

I've said many times now:
    All lock-ons need to be changed to laser-guided.
    The target gets a warning tone from the laser.
    The firer has to keep the crosshairs on the target until impact.
    Now they require actual skill to use and there won't be (so many) tears of rage from being killed by them.

If it's purple, it's... uhh... something that rhymes with purple... help me out here.
    • Up x 3
  18. Nehrak

And they shall call it a "Liberator."
    • Up x 2
  19. lothbrook

Reducing lock on time and making instant when close was a horrible idea without adding the requirement to maintain the lock.
    • Up x 3
  20. Tekuila

With the new flak armour rocket pods are completely irrelevant.

Liberator cannot affect ground game any better with the lock ons and flak how it is.
    • Up x 1