From AV to AI - Harasser weapons question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beef Wellington, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Beef Wellington

Everything I've read about the latest patch tells me that the Harasser isn't an Anti-Vehicle vehicle anymore. So I was looking at the Anti-Infantry end of the weapons and was wondering what people thought of them.

I see 3 standard possibilities...
    Basilisk-H
    Kobalt-H
    Bulldog-H

...plus 3 empire specific options.
    Marauder-H
    Canister-H
    Proton II PPA-H

What are you opinions on which ones work best for you? Are any of the empire specific options better or worse than the common pool?
  2. LordCreepy

I'd go with cobalt or fury - whatever you are more comfortable with.
  3. Trebb

Coming from someone who loved his Marauder solo Harasser, don't bother. Harassers die far too quickly now. It's kind of funny, every patch moves me to a bigger and bigger vehicle. I started with an upgraded flash until they fixed radar, then I switched to harasser. Finally I manned up and certed out a Marauder + AP prowler (yes, with radar; I'm addicted :p ) and man it's fun to be somewhat durable again.
  4. EViLMinD

The Harasser isn't your best option for...well... anything really. SOE made sure of that.

The Halberd is broken... need a couple more runs with the Enforcer, but it's not looking good... E:modified is a tad better now (mostly by comparison to the other weapon choices).... Fury is...well... different now... Bassy was buffed.... Kobalt nerfed but has it's uses... I don't bother with the Bulldog, but it might not be a silly option anymore.

My recommendation is to stick with the bassy. It's easy to use, familiar to every gunner, hits anything well enough, at multiple ranges and most of all it's free.

SOE needs to make the purchasable weapons worth purchasing again. The majority of them just aren't strong enough. Tanks are a safer option these days. Guess the lords of auraxium want us to tank more.
    • Up x 1
  5. MedecineMan

When I spot a Harasser my character says "Enemy transport vehicle spotted". People in Harassers need to stop complaining when they can't play them like mini-ultra fast tanks, and have to be more mindful about entering combat in a transport vehicle.
  6. Kanil

I find it hilarious that people use that as a justification to nerf the Harasser. SOE has to make the thing a max taxi because their VAs didn't use specific enough language?

Really?
    • Up x 2
  7. MedecineMan

No one used that phrase as a justification to consider nerfs. The only justification needed was that it was ridiculously difficult to kill one pre-nerf. I just used it to make my opinion known, which is that harassers are primarily transport, not combat vehicles and SOE seems to think that should be the case as well.
  8. Pikachu

It's not AV in sense that it can't duel tanks anymore perhaps. You can still support your tank friends shooting enemy tanks as it should be. You're more a lightning now.
    • Up x 1
  9. Beef Wellington

Well, the Harasser weapons are on sale today...

Any more opinions on which Harasser anti-infantry weapons they like better, and why?

On the other hand, if the Harasser is used purely as a transport that stays away from both vehicles and infantry alike would the G30 Walker or G40-F Ranger be a good choice for keeping the aircraft at bay?
  10. CL4p2p

No keep the Basi , it is better than the Walker anyway and at least you can use it for AI in case some of them is near your haraser, instead of the walker that can't shoot further (in therm of angle) than -1°

Plus with the buff Rate of Fire of the Basi, it is really good against Infentry and Aicraft now.

Semi-off topic, yeah the haraser is way to nerfed now... as majority of vehicule... I hope devs will realise that and change it quickly.