Stuck at 96%. SOE this is OUTRAGEOUS.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fried Bacon, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Fried Bacon

Alright, my first post on the forums.

Enough is enough. SOE you broke my patience.
    Since PU02 you changed everything.

You introduced so called "improvements" with broken infantry gun play, inconsistent hitboxes / hit detection, missing heads / tank turrets, glitchy animations, and a whole lot more other people already mentioned in other threads.

two days worth of downtime, followed by this so called "hot fix" that makes the game stuck loading at 96%.

I don't care what you piece of **** development team is doing, but IF THE GAME AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT.

From this day and on I am not paying a penny for this game. I don't care what you sell in the cash shop. If you **** everything for your paying customers (and non-paying players), then why should we even pay or play?

Still stuck at 96%.

Please bring back PU01 or pre-PU01 AND DON'T **** IT UP.
    • Up x 1
  2. Nutss

stuck at 97%
  3. Fried Bacon

Game got me logged in. Then INSTANTLY kicked me for "Inactivity"
    • Up x 1
  4. Nutss

at least u got past 97% fried ;)
  5. Nutss

for those like me who're bored right now, try Mechwarrior Online or World of Tanks if u havent yet..
  6. MedecineMan

Glad to know im not the only one, but sad to know it is so widespread.
  7. Halcyon

Your first post and you look like a complete tool.
    Well done.
  8. Mianera

Well, I just did the "Verify" thingy on steam and it found 9 gigs of missing data after this hotfix o_O So yeah, it's downloading the whole chibang right now, hope that fixes it.

If not, I'll be back to rage.

For the record, just in case some developer should peak into this and read my post,... here are some major bonus tips on how to keep the fanbase satisfied.

1. Inform players in good time before any maintenance, patches and hotfixes
    2. Give an estimate and if you don't have one, then be honest about it. A official message like "Hey guys, we are trying to improve the game and implementing a pretty daring hotfix, god knows what will happen. We apologize in advance" <--- even a thing like that goes a long way.
    3. There will always be the unpredictable factor during some patches, but it can be majorly limited with mega testing it first. Going with "Oh, this seemed to work just fine in the office" don't really mean it will work worldwide on thousands of PC rigs.
    4. Make a post and keep it updated on progress. There is nothing worse than letting a gamer sit in the dark not knowing when he can play his favorite game. Honestly, that's not fair. Example:
    15:00 - We have shut down the servers and are uploading the hotfix
    16:00 - Hotfix uploaded but we are experiencing instability issues
    17:00 - Still working on solving the issues, our tech staff is doing their very best.
    18:00 - Maintenance is ongoing, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    19:00 - Issues are nearly solved, we expect servers to be up and running within the next hour
    19:30 - Slowly opening login servers to let the first players in, monitoring stability closely
    20:00 - Servers are up and running

^ That right there, is what it should be like. That way, players at informed of what is going on.

5. The most important one really. ALWAYS do maintenance, downtime, patches and whatnot after 3pm for the servers local time. Honestly, a friday? In the afternoon into evening? Worst possible frikken time to do this stuff.

What bothers me the most is that other development teams and companies do this because it really doesn't require much effort. It doesn't even take 5min to figure all these points out :/ Come one SOE.... I mean really. Even EA figured this out and they are stamped as the worst company in the US, they won that price twice in 2 years. Don't stoop below their level.
    • Up x 1
  9. Oreo202

I've heard that you shouldn't verify from steam, and should use the launchpad verification only.
  10. MisterBond

Stuck at 96% again

Why bring the servers down when you're not going to fix anything?
  11. Zecthans

Its understandable , I'm pretty mad as well, these problems like this have been going on since April, probably even beyond that and its still not fixed. You'd think they would of done something by now. With the most recent patch it gave almost everyone a black eye essentially. Its just extremely frustrating for a lot of people who spent so much time in the game and since some of more recent patches they still have not been able to play.
  12. Notheory

Yup, stuck @ 96%. Sigh.
  13. Dhart

it's the F2P thing I fear... I caved in and bought a 30 day membership... waited 5 minutes... next time I tried... I got right in with almost no delay...

No membership... no fanfare treatment... ah well
  14. i4PLAY

Hey guess what else?! They all buggered off for the weekend and Christmas. Have fun watching that 96% screen during SUPER_DUPER_Amazing DDOUBLE XP weekend.
  15. Brusilov

OP's name is Outrageously delicious.
  16. FleurDisLee

i deleted WOW and World of tanks for this game and i havent unable to play for like 4 days....sad days
  17. Acceleratio

Logged in just to upvote this. THIS so much. Its so unbeliveable easy to do these little things yet the mean so much. I remember the whole DICE fiasco with battlefield 3 which showed how incredible out of touch the devs were/and still are. Dont let twitter be our only unreliable source of information.
    You promised you would inform us alot more in the future.... so far i am NOT impressed.
  18. Mianera

Seems actually like someone read my previous post. For this update/maintenance it shows a thread, link in launcher, downtime period and ETA.

Nice one devs :)
  19. Mianera

Seems actually like someone read my previous post. For this update/maintenance it shows a thread, link in launcher, downtime period and ETA.

Nice one devs :)