Server Downtime for Hotfix December 20, 2013 6AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Pootisman

Servers down again during primetime??? Thats the third time in a row .... is this now a daily thing? This is really getting annoying ... everytime i want to play - servers down - pls wait 2h ... or 48h ....
  2. ncDieseL

More downtime during EU prime time? I mean, I'm grateful for the fixes, because I encountered a lot of those issues yesterday. But why does the downtime always have to be during EU prime time?
  3. LeathRlung

4. Game Tips And More

I could have sworn the Striker was great and was going to buy it, but I just tested it yesterday in the VR room and it seemed like it was shooting Nerf Pellets and took forever to kill anything
  5. Tindo

What the hell, ETA was 2hrs Mr SOE!!!!
    • Up x 1
  6. cruczi

Yes? It hasn't been two hours yet. The OP says it was scheduled at 6.30 AM PST, and the bolded red announcement is timestamped 6.42. Current time is 8.19 AM.
  7. hansgrosse

So this Pounder adjustment...

I get that it needed to be toned down versus infantry, because it was pretty incredible against them for an AV weapon, but this change to splash damage isn't going to affect their TTK against vehicles, right? Not sure if splash damage is a factor there. If it is, are we going to see adjusted direct impact damage to compensate?
  8. Loken

You're a second class citizen. Deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kataclysmic

Then you are realy doing it wrong im afraid. me and my buddy have been taking down plenty of ESF and where still able to pull of going 1 v 3 lightings (fair enough 2 had sky guards and one heat. but that kills the harry in a heartbeat) you need play smart to make it work. :rolleyes:
  10. Alewar

Probably because it's early morning their time. A lot of devs like to patch early in the day so they have as much time as possible to watch for and hotfix unexpected issues that it may cause. If they released it late enough in their day to miss EU prime time and a nasty bug popped up, it might extend the time it would take to get a fix out.
  11. Kataclysmic

Like some one already stated, EU prime time is just after the people at SOE start to work, so we just have to suck it up. go clean your house, get some fresh air, just do something else =)
  12. cruczi

The current patch is scheduled to be finished about three hours before the EU prime peak according to data here. The peak is at roughly 9 pm CET, current time is 5.25 pm CET.

Besides that, what other time would you prefer them to patch? SOE works pacific time, so this is them doing the update first thing in the morning, which is awesome in my opinion. At this time, the US servers are near their lowest daily population, and if they postponed the update until later in the day, it would be closer to EU peak, or even later would correspond with the beginning of NA prime time. The current schedule best avoids both peaks while allowing us the get the update as early as possible and SOE to work during actual working hours. Great job SOE, keep it up.
    • Up x 4
  13. gregfox89

Are you kidding me? I have to go out of town shortly, and I was planning to pick up the stuff on sale today before I left. Now I'll miss 2 days of member sales instead of just 1 because the servers are down, a membership WHICH I BOUGHT specifically for these sales.
    • Up x 1
  14. SirTekno

Honestly, you guys need to configure a better time and stop cutting through EU's prime time. It is annoying as hell, there are plenty of other times to pick from. Just because you are in America doesn't mean you need to cut through everyone else's time as well.
  15. cruczi

They can't cater to everyone. If they had the update at a different time, it would be someone else losing out on a sale.

EU peak is three hours from now, chill.
    • Up x 1
  16. Thatwierdguy

Should have done like I did yesterday and woke up early because I knew I wasn't going to be able to get on the rest of the day.
  17. SprintingGhost

What's broken then???
  18. Bear

SOE should change the store so that you can buy the items online. It doesn't make any sense to require you to be logged into the game to buy them!
    • Up x 2
  19. cruczi

Looks like Miller is up! I'm off ->
  20. TintaBux

Great, yet again, ruining it for those in Europe, On a Friday night of all nights. There's no excuse for it full stop.