Bolt Actions are God-Mode

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Flapatax, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Tenebrae Aeterna

I'm not really making a significant deal out of it, just find myself a bit curious as to why they increased the efficiency of something that really didn't need it. I've never personally tried out these rifles, so I simply don't know enough about them to understand just how significant the change is.

Your kill to death ratio is meaningless. Your score per minute is the only thing that matters.

Most likely.

I expected an increase in medium to close ranged snipers, but I think everyone's jumping the gun a bit quick because now they're actually getting sniped...as opposed to rarely getting sniped.
  2. KodiakX

No, I was warning about the upcoming sniper apocalypse.

The first signs are here!
  3. Flapatax

It was over a 7 minute period, for 2.43 KPM in around 100M range (maybe a bit less). This was in a losing assault, not a farm.

Basically med range snipers are hit scan weapons now, and if you can't do obscenely well with them you are a terrible player.
  4. AccelPrime

Well that's the norm on these forums. If something is 10% people will scream it's a 1000% :rolleyes:.
  5. AccelPrime

You're probably just making this post because you got blasted by a BASR w/ 4x, quit yer cryin'.

First off, if you noticed the sway before the patch went live you're a terrible sniper, and second, if you notice that there isn't any sway post-patch you're still a terrible sniper. You're scoped-in way too long mate ;).
  6. Flapatax

I didn't bother with the ghost before the patch because I find sniping to be useless killwhoring instead of actually supporting my team on the point. As for making it up, that is also incorrect.
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

No. You were complaining about the lack of a range limitation, long ranged sniping from 300m. I repeatedly expressed that the medium to short ranged snipers may increase, but again...no one has ever complained about these ranges. Those in defense of the previously suggested range cap had repeatedly expressed that medium to short ranged snipers are justified by the fact that they are closer and at greater risk of death...as you, yourself, had said within our banter back and forth.

SO, any increase in medium to short ranged snipers shouldn't be a problem for you...since you were essentially justifying that range as fair and balanced.

WITH THAT SAID...

As I expressed previously, I don't know why they removed scope sway on those particular rifles. I didn't really think that aggressive sniping needed any sort of buff, it appeared to be working out pretty well for those whom worked in those particular ranges... Koolaid and Druid work within those areas and don't see it as a significant buff, but I don't work with those rifles nor within that range to even begin to comment beyond my puzzled state of thought towards this.

Like I said,

The only thing I can imagine is that they're making aggressive sniping more lucrative to the new gen gamers who quickscope for their upcoming release onto the Playstation 4. Either way, this removal of scope sway does not affect the long range bolt-action sniper rifles, V-10 and Parallax on the VS, so it really doesn't apply to the argument that you and I had regarding LONG ranged sniping.

You're complaining about something you were originally defending getting a buff, and now trying to use that as a means to justify your original statements. Stop being a silly goose.

Hmm...

If this change actually stays in, I might pick one up and get the suppressor for close ranged sniping. I'm not an aggressive sniper, I don't have the twitch response time needed...but I do occasionally enjoy close range sniping with a quieter rifle and a nice little position.
  8. AccelPrime

1. Never said anything about anyone making things up, you should probably read more carefully.
    2. One good streak is all you've got? One good streak and something is OP? Are you even trying to use human intelligence, mate? I'll bet you that if I tried hard enough I could get a monster streak with the Beamer :p.
    3. Even if CQ sniping in general got a buff, it's not an unneeded one, as the Infiltrator class has been lack luster for quite a while, and this is common knowledge. Take a guess as to why the Infiltrator is the first class to get revamped/updated :rolleyes:.
  9. AccelPrime

10. LibertyRevolution

There is no longer sway on ghost or TSAR-42? Seriously?
    What am I doing playing forumside???
  11. Flapatax

Out of the gate never having used the ghost I got that streak without trying. For "dedicated snipers" I can only imagine the cheesiness that awaits.

Let me alter my post though, I'm posting this because I confirmed my pre-patch suspicions that the changes would make sniping stupidly easy.

Let me know when you get that monster streak with a beamer in a losing fight. I'm sure the situations are comparable.
  12. Scudmungus

Welcome back mon! <3
  13. Posse

This is what happens when the devs listen to excessive whining, next time my class gets a buff I'll complain so I get an ever bigger buff ;)
  14. Squibo

As a point of logic, no other 4x or bellow sight had sway. And if you use the close range BASR's, you are either in range to be shot at and countered by most things that are not shotguns, or you are very far and very good at aiming, at which point you deserve to do well.
    Plus if you get headshots very consistent in close range, you'd be doing good with most any other weapon anyways. Plus if you miss or there is more than one enemy, you still need to rechamber and aim so you're at a large disadvantage. Imho it's fine.
  15. HighestDefinition

only the ghost has gotten really really god like after pu2 NO SCOPE SWAY :D
  16. Lucidius134

i felt it was an over-buff as a phantom/ghost owner.

I'm not MLG pro and I don't got many kills with either (since I don't play infil often) but when I do it felt intuitive. If I wanted to take a semi-auto sniper I had 2 choices:

1) Phantom - Amazing damage range, louder gun sound and sway. No IRNV
    2) Nyx - **** damage fall off, quieter gun sounds and no sway. Can use 6x, compensator/Flash Supp and IRNV.

Now it feels like kind of a no brainer because I felt like the sway gave the Nyx a niche. I guess the Nyx got a hipfire buff though so *shrug*
  17. Scan

Is this something new to you, or have you gotten 17 killstreaks before using other methods? You never gotten 17 killsteaks playing Combat Medic, or heavy assault? I mainly play Infiltrator, but have had sessions as a Combat medic where I had killstreaks over 20. Does this mean the Combat Medic is overpowered?

I think that you are just a above avaragely skilled player, and ofcourse will have better results using it.

My point is, getting large killstreaks has never been reserved to just one class. Heavy Assaults, Engineers, Light Assaults with shotguns. All able to get these numbers, quite easily if you had practice. Seems to me Infiltrators have been brought on par with everything else, and now everyone is crying about it, because they no longer have something they can faceroll as easily like before.

Personally, I am rather surprised that they did remove the sway. It wasn't really needed.

Wether or not SoE went overboard with this buff remains to be seen. I'm pretty sure, that should a "sniper apocalypse" take place, SoE will step in and hit us with the nerfbat again.

I don't expect that to happen though. Since really sniping isn't as easy as people suspect it is, or able to net your more XP as other classes in the game.
    • Up x 1
  18. AccelPrime

Wow man, you really have a tough time understanding things i've already gone through hoops trying to simplify.

"Dedicated snipers" should not see a noticable difference when using low powered scopes, because they don't stay scoped in long enough to notice that there isn't any sway. I've already said this in my other reply, please understand it now :confused:. And for that matter, I always thought it was odd that a 3.4x or even a 4x scope had sway. My guesses are that pre-patch every Infiltrator was drunk AF.
    • Up x 2
  19. Scan

This is true for the most part.

At these ranges holding breath took too much time, and got you killed. You had to pre-aim and fire within a second. Nothing changed there.

What did change is, the Ghost did get buffed in a sense that you can also use it for take out targets that are abit further away. As long as they aren't moving too much that is... the sway made this very hard before, if not near impossible at certain ranges.

Hitting something up to 100 meters, has certainly become alot easier without the sway.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tenebrae Aeterna

They expressed that they'll be performing tweaks to better define these rifles in their respective range category. The removal of sway may be compensated for by something else later down the road if it becomes a problem...I honestly don't know.

Our more versed close range snipers have said it's not really that big of a deal, but I'm sure the development team will have the statistics in due time.

Most likely the case. Druid and Koolaid both seem to believe it's not that big a deal, and I tend to think that they know what they're talking about. I can't personally speak for the change as I have little experience in aggressive sniping.