Bolt Actions are God-Mode

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Flapatax, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Flapatax

Just saying, get in on the no-sway 4X bolt actions while you can. Unlimited OHKs.

Sniping is now as stupid easy as I said it would be.
    • Up x 2
  2. CuteBeaver

"Phantom"

No Drop, No Sway... even suppressed.
  3. zedfonsie

am i mlg enuf to use the ghost with a 4x grand master kenobi?
  4. KodiakX

5. K2k4

removing sway and making the quick, shorter ranged BASR's like the TSAR-42 may have been an overbuff.. Then again, I still prefer my RAMS 0.50 because I'm more used to the bullet speed, but I think you'll see a lot more quick-scoping now since the short ranged rifles are perfect for (and now much easier to do) that tactic with.
    • Up x 1
  6. CaptHaddock

I agree, short range bolts are very powerful. And the server feels a little wonky, if we had these mechanics and the previous builds smoothness and animations, it would be even easier.

I'm interested to see if SOE decides to tweak the no sway or range, but I'm loving my SAS a lot right now
  7. Kociboss

Who would have thought :rolleyes:
  8. ZephyrBurst

I'm thinking the sway for sniper rifles would be good to come back. It's not THAT much easier to use them since sway wasn't a huge deal at the intended ranges of the weapon, but it does feel a bit too much like an overbuff for them.
  9. ArcKnight

I wonder how long it will take for Ztiller to show and start saying stuff that makes no sense at all
    • Up x 1
  10. CHDT65

That's what I say a few days ago: new changes in sniping will kill the fluidity of medium range fights.
    I wonder how it is possible to make some many bad decisions in a single patch ?
  11. DrankTHEKoolaid

Been messing around mostly with scouts since the update, but I have a feeling you guys are blowing this way out of proportion.
    • Up x 2
  12. Astraka

Bolt Actions went from, "lol silly sniper I got nanoweave" to, "Flip! Sniped again?!". There will be a short adjustment period before people who are accustomed to shrugging off sniper bullets like rain get used to the idea that bolt actions are lethal now.
  13. Scan

I came back after about not having played seriously for about 2 months.

Headshotted a HA on the Amp station wall from roughly 100ish meters away with my supressed RAMS.

The feeling of fear creeping up to me. "He's not going to die from this shot and will just take cover"

When he died...... such a relief.... I felt everything in the world was allright again. All the frustration of hundreds of denied OHK from ranges within a 100 meters.... falling off my shoulders in that one single moment.

The max damage has been nerfed? I don't care.
    The min damage has been nerfed? I don't care.
    The hitbox for the head has been made smaller. I DON'T CARE.

No more will a passive 11 point cert ruin my gameplay. No more will targets be able to stand still and lure me into headshotting them, in hopes of making me blow my position. No more will I get absolutely *****, by something with a full auto weapon at 75ish meters, because my headshot did not kill him and all he had to do was point and click.

Finally infiltrators will become the feared, stealthy dealers of death we DESERVE to be.

And to anyone who says we got overbuffed: I challenge you to play Infiltrator yourself, and see if you will be able to get the same scores as you would get with your main.
    • Up x 10
  14. Tenebrae Aeterna

You were ranting about long distanced sniping; no one here is. If you recall our discussions back and forth, I said that there might be an increase in medium to short ranged snipers. Medium to short range, however, is not what you or anyone else was complaining about.

I'm really not sure why removed the sway of those rifles... Perhaps this is all in preparation for the release upon the Playstation 4; catering to the new gen gaming community of console players where quickscoping is essentially all there is to sniping? I've really no idea, truth be told...
  15. Flapatax

Unlocked the ghost yesterday and went 17-0 on a tower fight.

Sniper is ezmode, and got overbuffed.
  16. Darkelfdruid_LOL

I'm for one don't get why people are so hyped about no sway on these basr... it practically makes no difference to the use of the wep.... for me at least..
  17. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Only 17-0 on tower ?

Disapoint.
    • Up x 3
  18. m44v

You guys are overreacting, automatic fire can suppress you easily, if the target shoots your way then it isn't likely you will get a headshot. No sway is a nice perk for a rifle that stat wise isn't better than the default bolt action with x6, now is a nice choice over it.

Those who are saying that no sway made it OP are probably picking the rifle for the first time or didn't use it extensively before the update, because objectively speaking, sway wasn't an issue at close range, it only made careful medium range shots a freaking pain.

Edit: If anything, the NW update was the thing that increased the usefulness of these rifles tenfold, not the sway removal.
    • Up x 3
  19. Goretzu

Not if they are already dead! [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  20. Ghoest

This is a totally fake crisis.

They are less annoying to use but anyone who was a half way competent shot before with blot actions had plenty of time with hold breath.