Infantry gameplay broken since PU2 patch release.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Giggily, Dec 18, 2013.

1. WyrdHarper

NC needed a buff, but I bet the nanoweave changes would have gone a long way by themselves tbqh.
  2. Nocturnal7x

The FOV screw up is part of the game feeling "weird" for sure. But Ive also noticed bullets just not hitting, it feels off.
  3. ChipMHazard

This thread obviously isn't about intentional changes (Well I would hope it's not intentional), but something being wrong with the hit detection and any changes/bugs that's making the infantry combat feel "off" when compared to how it was before the patch. Might be a good idea for some of the above posters to remember that and keep the thread on track so it doesn't become filled with "I dodn't like how they changed this weapon!".
    I haven't had the chance to really play since the patch, but from the looks of it, it reminds me of the times when the servers acted up in the past. Is it only hit registration that's being affected or are abilities, ammo packs and medkits also acting up? If not then it might not be lag, although the servers did have some serious issues after the patch.
    • Up x 3
  4. ROMNEYTRON

I don't know if it's hit detection, but I do agree that something just feels completely off. Pre-patch I felt as though I had a really good rhythm going, and now it's gone...
    • Up x 1
  5. GSZenith

oh the bright side running around with knife is op when 90% of the bullets don't hit you anymore, even CS:Go bullets hit more it feels like.
  6. sam38

yea something is most definitely off. I have gotten headshot hits in the upper chest below the neck, I have watched my bullets sail through faces. my favorite part of planetside is the infantry based combat and I just have not been having fun with this update.

my average headshot kill percentage is over 30% for my lmgs and carbines as well is my accuracy. im not ******** hitboxes are broken. see below.

• Up x 9
  7. Liberty

I just wanted to echo the "something off" feeling. Now, overall my performance for the night didn't really go up or down (I finished with a 7 KD and still had my normal 1 KPM while trying to find infantry fights) .

A night before the patch I switched to Advanced Shield (and adrenaline when I was playing heavy) to get myself into the grove of things. I ended up with about the same performance as tonight, but my kills on targets where much more crisp when ADS and I could still hipfire with some degree of effectiveness when I needed to.

Tonight, there were head to head fire fights where I was walking away with taking 0 damage when I should have definitely taken some. There were fire fights where the TTK seemed to randomly extend (where I could usually get away with 9 to 11 bullet kills suddenly taking 20. Hit regs were still showing up and all though.

There were more than a few times where players would stutterstep while moving making target tracking next to impossible.

As far as actual gameplay went, hipfire is about useless unless you are using a SMG and to an extent the advanced laser carbines. Which sadly will push more people towards shotguns (which I definitely saw). I played a bit of everything, light assaults pretty much *NEED* to shoot flatfoot now. Flying around a target inside 5M you will miss horribly. Interestingly SMG infilitrator played *much* easier now because people were missing like crazy hipfiring. ADS felt much worse @ 30-50 M using anything hipfire related. And with the SVA-88 I was popping off 4-6 round bursts at the most to drop targets.

Basically, adaptation is possible. I put myself in a lot fewer hipfire situations (outside of playing the SMG infil) and pretty much always ADS'ed. In the end, no where near as fun of an experience.
    • Up x 3
  8. PinkamenaDianePie

I've never before seen fit to post on these forums, but damn this patch made everything crazily awkward.

Between the wonky animations, tighter hitboxes (this would be fine if they worked), questionable hit detection, and generally reduced weapon accuracy, infantry play has been a chore this patch. They should have simply cleaned up the hitboxes and observed to see if that brought things more into line before making a whole ton of changes to infantry balance.

The whole thing just feels extremely "off" in a way that's very difficult to put into words.

I almost feel bad for the poor guys I'm quad-headshotting by firing into their chest.
    • Up x 2
  9. jak

Yeah, I'm feeling it too. Something's very badly off.
    • Up x 2
  10. BigIronRanger

What the h is going on.

Seriously before this patch combat was seamless now it feels wonky and shoddy as hell.

and that change to snipers scoping in that CHANGE.

pls revert the update i can do without the NS recycled flare gun.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sandpants

Yeah, shotguns get no laser sight benefit unless they use slugs. You can no longer shot reliably when jetting/hovering.

And something is really really wrong with detection. At first I thought it's the headshot bone fix, since everything takes about 1 hit more to kill. But it is really awkward. Stuff takes way too long to kill.
  12. Cinnamon

If they are having server problems then infantry gameplay is going to feel bad at all times. When I play on test server I can't make any judgement about the feel of infantry gameplay because I have a transatlantic ping and am playing against many people with same or worse pings.

But on the test server when I was using SVA on the firing range it seemed like it had some very nasty type of recoil only when using laser sight but that could just be down to me derping or something. And not sure what made it to live.
  13. NC_agent00kevin

Same thing happened to me firing a deci round at a Lobstermax. Then I died.

I definitely agree that something is off. The FOV has gone weird and the bullets arent always making holes when they should. Its not 100% of the time but more than half for sure.
  14. gregfox89

Tracer range in my scythe has definitely been lowered a lot. Hitting far targets feels harder now.
  15. Catch23

ermm no. had 5m hipfire shots not getting a marker on test to varify that somethings broken. it was actually the first 2 shots of an 8 round burst on a stationary toon with 1.5 Hip COF and ALS. and im very sure I wasnt off-target. I guestimate too from post-patch playing that it has to do with the new hitboxes

earlier today I lost a 7-8 m duel vs a BR5 shooting me crouched with a Mag Shot while I fired 15 bullets with a Lynx
  16. LordCreepy

That video looks good. Less hipfire RPG monkeys is always a good change.
  17. ManMelter

Did some tests with the UBGL today so see if it has indeed be nerfed as much as I suspected (well it has). It doesn't seem to do any splash damage to infantry anymore, so you need a direct hit to kill, and you need a direct headshot to one hit kill.

Before PU2, an UBGL headshot on those non moving VR targets was pretty easy to do. Now after PU2, I miss 5 of 10 times. I see the grenades fying through their heads when they miss. Something is seriously broken with those hitboxes now. Do not aim at the head.
  18. Nexus545

Seems the same to me...
  19. Flipwin

TBH they should roll back to the last backup they made before they ****** the game with this patch.

Cx~
  20. LordMondando

Never underestimate psychology.

this is as good an explanation as anything else.

but at range, there are issues with how models are displaying. 200-300m+.
    • Up x 1