Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. AirSuicide

Its is exceedingly disapointing when you realize that PS2 doesn't even remotely live up to PS1, even though supposedly, it's the sequel and you would expect it to have everything PS1 did and more.

But it seems that it always falls short of the original.
  2. xOrtho

This is the part I don't understand. It states specifically that the tank version of the Saron is right where they want it to be and that they will only touch the harasser version in the update. Then, two lines later, it shows they nerfed the damage on the tank version by 33%. Then, to make things even more confusing, in the next line they show that the splash damage now does more than the direct hit damage.
  3. xXClawsTheDragonXx

snowmen.......xp SNOWMEN...........SNOWNMEN = CRASHES=I WANT 1000 CERTSFOR DOWNTIM >:D
  4. Jaedrik

This is great! I want more things like "Our data shows" and "The role we want for this weapon is" and such. My thoughts on the issues of balance are easily subverted, and many have influenced me to believe certain things, but no longer, thank you for doing what I want most: explaining each balance change with the data and reasoning to back it up. I'd much rather have these sorts of things than pretty formatting or extensive Damage Control language or even proper spelling and grammar!

Random statistics request: MAY I HAVE A COLORED (for each type of tank) DOT GRAPH OF TANK KILLS PER LIFE WITH THE INTERQUARTILE RANGE HIGHLIGHTED? I both want to see the awesome (or depressing) outliers and look at the more relevant data. That would be a sweet graphic to see (and for people to attack)!

The more readily accessible data that is in the hands of a player the more they will be informed and optimistic about the changes, as well as suggesting meaningful feedback. I've had a few ideas brewing myself, but I don't have the will (lazy!) to gather and interpret the data, oh, and put them in awesome graphs. A great example of the massive utility it would provide us was a (three, actually, one for each faction) dual bar graph I saw recently that showed the equip percentage and something like the kills per minute rate of a bunch of carbines.

To that effect, the only way I can really suggest improving these posts is to make neat little graphs to go with every "Our data shows", and little blurbs that talk about and/or attempts to defend against possible confounding variables. I think, as a lowly peasant that has no experience in business, that this would be a massively beneficial thing in the long run.

Thanks! Much love, and I know you guys are reading this, because Luperza tells me that SOE reads ALL the feedback. Do your best.
    • Up x 1
  5. Smiley_ie

Not a hard PS2 player but i enjoy it very much when i jump in, Last patch and this patch for optimization/tweaks is great work from all you guys. So just to to say thanks for all the hard work amazing job on fixing, tweaking and optimization hats of to you guys & girls well done.
  6. manbearpig556600

so I read through these patch notes and I was wondering why proximity got moved from utility slot to defense slot when that aint even in the notes. utility slot is almost useless in my opinion now, only 2 options in there
  7. SpaceTimeSpace

**Edited to remove quoted violation**

To certain extent, I'm friendly enough to say it is the stopping point. :) Welcome back the server. As always the game can be recalculated to fit the style of everyone's spec or to the community. :D you don't build an house in a weeks, and it's take patience X) to get things done :) Happy Early Christmas/x-Mas :}
  8. Grimfalcon77

So ZOE pilots get refunds but Harasser pilots don't? How's that work?
  9. FBVanu

Reposting this from [Suggestion] thread: Proxy Radar in either slot.

RADAR COMPROMISE IDEA

MBTs are 2 man vehicles.. they have a gunner to protect their rear..

Lightnings are 1 man vehicles, who obviously need the weak proxy radar to protect themselves, even though we still get blown up too often.

SOE, how about this. Radar for MBTs is now in their defensive slot.
    But please put the proxy radar back for Lightnings.. in the utility.
    Lightnings are already weak as they are, and they don't get any stronger with proxy radar.
    They just got a slight few seconds run-away ability, when infantry gets too close.

Not that I could shoot any infantry with my skyguard anyway., I once had a Heavy do the Micheal Jackson moon-walk in front of me, dancing in between all my flak shells.. I unloaded several 70 shell reloads, could not kill him.. but at least I had that chance of detecting him and not getting C-4ed..

How about? Radar in utility for Lightning, but in defense for MBTs ??

Please chime in.

Thx.
    • Up x 1
  10. Msixty

Because Harassers aren't faction specific to the VS, that's how that works; can't give special treatment to everyone, only certain people. Kinda like how TR MAX pilots don't get a refund for that cancer of an ability, Lockdown. So much coddling, so little time left.
    • Up x 1
  11. thomas belvin

I dont think that i was refunded all my certs
  12. Jaedrik

**Edited to remove quoted violation**

You have misjudged me, sir. I've said what they did good these patch notes and suggested methods of improvement, especially in community interaction and collaboration.

There was probably something sarcastic in there, though. And I mean that sincerely too, I honestly forgot much of what I wrote.
  13. 13arracuda

Love the sheer number of changes, but the reload was the least of Phoenix's problems. A huge patch like this, and Phoenix shells will continue to poof into thin air when you exit the camera mode.
  14. CrazyCanadian24

Not to mention that adding 4 extra shots to the Reaper's magazine does not (read: NOT) help it's TTK or accuracy.
  15. Curanos

A lot of the complaints coming from the TR side concerning the Prowler sound oddly similar to the ones VS made when the Magrider had its first mobility change. The response (from both TR and NC) at the time? "Boohoo, get used to it." Were the changes to Prowler too much? I don't know. There's always that possibility. Just keep in mind that the VS did deal with it, and eventually some of the Magrider's mobility was returned. So, from someone who used the Magrider extensively, both before and after each mobility changes (still use it on occasion, but I play more infantry these days), get used to it. If it turns out that the changes were too drastic, and the data shows that the Prowler is now far worse than they intended, then chances are good that they'll tweak it some more, just like they did with the Magrider.

Concerning the patch notes themselves, I'm actually quite pleased with pretty much everything. Nothing stands out to me as something to go 'Holy crap, why??' type of thing. Even though I have (or should say, had) the ZOE certed, I still felt that it needed to have some changes made to it. I might still use it, I might not. I'll have to see how it handles with the new changes (preferably in the VR training zone first). Personally, I'm glad to see the changes made to Nanoweave. Maybe now the other choices for suit upgrades will be more viable.
  16. FBVanu

Connery, Esamir, Indar..

it's working.. thank you SOE.

But you removed the turrets on Esamir, only 1 AA and only 1 AV left, the AA is turned towards the Warpgate.
    on Indar, there are 2 AA and they are turned towards the enemy.. ?? You guys couldn't decide ??

I will keep beating this issue.. proxy radar.. what a mess... never felt so naked in a Lightning

Please comment and vote on this thread: from [Suggestion] Proxy Radar in either slot.

RADAR COMPROMISE IDEA

MBTs are 2 man vehicles.. they have a gunner to protect their rear..

Lightnings are 1 man vehicles, who obviously need the weak proxy radar to protect themselves, even though we still get blown up too often.

SOE, how about this. Radar for MBTs is now in their defensive slot.
    But please put the proxy radar back for Lightnings.. in the utility.
    Lightnings are already weak as they are, and they don't get any stronger with proxy radar.
    They just got a slight few seconds run-away ability, when infantry gets too close.

How about it? Radar in utility for Lightning, but in defense for MBTs ??

Please chime in.
  17. 13arracuda

"Nanoweave no longer stacks with the Heavy Assault’s Resist Shield ability. This was not intentional and it was granting the Heavy Assault too much survivability when compared to all other classes."

Considering the nanoweave was already nerfed, I think this is excessive. Not to mention it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. At least give the Resist Shield certs back. I'll reinvest them into Adrenaline.
  18. AgentVisor

It's a sad day for VS, and I think it's even worst for those who spent 120$+ per year on their VS player to get nerfed like that. All I see is NC gets even better stuff now and TR, well they already had better guns, so nothing chaged much for them. Thing is, I bet now VS player will play even less, I don't even want to see how it will be with only two factions playing, that is composed of the same people because frankly they are just changing sides when deamed fit. But then again we have golden snowmens now... how ridiculous!
  19. Everih

New 21:9 FOV is awesome! Thank you, SOE![IMG]
  20. FleurDisLee

when i try to log in my character results in the game vanishing to desktop - no crash report. FIX THIS!