Continuing to investigate server issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Dec 18, 2013.

1. MajorD

12 days of Auraximas SOE? We'll be lucky if we get to play again this year
  2. Primevi1

spent to much time today making and killing snowman...First time i went out side all year..
  3. Tunapiano

So who wants to bet that the servers stay down until tomorrow?
  4. Squirrelking

Except like yesterday when the servers were shagged and were all claiming to be up.

Oh well.
  5. gigacoasterfan

Are the login servers still down for US East?

My chars are still all gone.

:/
  6. iStevey

You'd think Sony of all companies would be smart enough to have a ******* dev server to test this ****. :L
    • Up x 1
  7. Morian

Maxzorz? No, Haxzorz.
  8. K1LL3R0Y

are the servers down still and is taht the reason my load screen only gets up to 96% and freezes
  9. TheCuqui

Just a slight weapons malfunction, dunno why all the fuss
  10. Solo59486

Are you really going to ask that? Like really? :rolleyes:
  11. BigBooty

OMG I CAME BACK AND THE SERVERS STILL AREN'T UP.
    TIME FOR THIS AGAIN.
    http://2.bp.************/-Y_ODcECzxGQ/T4sMKffGa8I/AAAAAAAAA88/LnQ8Dvynqbg/s1600/michael-scott-no.gif
    • Up x 1
  12. TintaBux

Nope, they never test the full patched before they go live, they test everything in them, but not before they go live directly onto the servers, which is just a big mistake as time and time again more problems come up after these patches.
  13. vermaht81

SOE wtf are waiting for?
  14. TimStark

Calm the frak down folks.
    If you've got any knowledge of how servers work, you should know that a lot of this isn't up to their control.
    Oh no! A game is down!? Alright, go outside or play another game or whatever you do when you're not playing PS2. It'll be up eventually, you'll live.

As for the Boosts, it's common knowledge not to activate one of those right before/after a hotfix :p
  15. Conglomeratespy41

I can't even get on the test server :(
  16. Bear

I think most people's frustration stems from the fact that there has been little to no updates of what's going on and why the servers seemed to have died despite this patch being on the PTS for weeks. Why did it work there and why not on live?

What annoys me is that last year when Smedley and Higby were ******* PS2 incessantly, they wouldn't shut up about what was going on. Smedley was tweeting updates on anything and everything every hour. The same with Higby. Now, after collecting millions of dollars in player money, it's a dead zone of communication.

I've got plenty of stuff to do in the meantime, I'd just like to know what's going on.
    • Up x 1
  17. AgentConnery

HURRAY FOR DAY 2 OF FORUMSIDE 2!!!!!!!! o_O
    How long will it last...
    • Up x 2
  18. FAILbro777

We should all be given sorm form of compensation for being forced to go outside!!!!! I'm not even joking....
    • Up x 1
  19. Game Tips And More

This part
    made me choke on my drink, thank you
  20. SourceAvenger

Reminds me of a security competition I competed in, all the competitors thought the scoring machine was acting up or the bandwitdh upstream was too slow. When actually the Red Team had been toying with the AD/DNS servers the whole time lol. Lets hope whatever the actual root of the problem is is sorted out soon cause I am missing my daily massive battles :p. I wonder if the problem is the code for the Snowmen(spawning, reward system, etc) turned out to be buggy and glitched.

Note: I do agree an xp boost of either 24 hours or 3 days would be a worthwhile compensation for the downtime lol. Lets hope we get one :p.