Continuing to investigate server issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Dec 18, 2013.

1. vermaht81

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. Scorch Draken

Devs, if you're doing maintenance on ONE server, you don't need to turn off all the others.
  3. amm0-rat

how do you get on the test server?
  4. Illmaren

i know more about the backend when you think.

I dont mean only the thing with the Servers...i mean that here are 2-3 Forums, when i register here i become 403 Erros and so on
    So when you not know what to talk about just shut up and leave me alone
  5. Game Tips And More

This would be great if you already have it installed and updated, thanks.
    But I didn't have it since I re-installed my OS, and after getting the file to install it again.. it's now over 10GB to download before you can play on it. I ain't got time fo' dat..

[IMG]
    For those wondering how to even get on the Test Server: the download to install and access it, from SOE, is here: http://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_Test_setup.exe
  6. Riotfyre

Worst ever. Who wants to take bets as to when it's all gonna come back up? I wont say "fixed" because that's just asking to much. Any takers?
  7. LordPenfold

8. SpaceYeti

I still find it strange that the test server is fine while the other servers are struggling. They are presumably running the same game version a day after the patch, no?
  9. Elixx

Your main is actually on the test server.
  10. CBDs

When I logged in yesterday, waited for a whole Gb to download, only to find that my characters no longer existed, and servers were all down, I went into a state of denial. Then I got angry. Then I desperately tried to contact SOE to get it fixed. Then I just said whatever, to hell with it. In my brooding boredom I ended up calling an ex girlfriend to chat her up, and whine about the death of my dear Planet Side 2. Lucky for me that landed me a hookup today, and I'm probably going to get some. So all I have to say is thank you SOE for pushing me out of Auraxis and into a girl's bed!
    • Up x 4
  11. KeF3aR

They're likely just using one server to try hotfix 26.542b
  12. Call-Me-Kenneth

cmon dudes i have a subscription to your game, get it together.

also, im going to miss the deals of the first day.... i wont be able to log in later.
  13. TintaBux

They don't use the test server for testing patches before they go live, BIG MISTAKE, and they never learn from it, and they won't change even after these issues.

The use test server to test new game features, content etc, not the actual full patch before they go live.
    • Up x 1
  14. Scorch Draken

hotfix is when the servers are up. These servers are down, so it's a coldfix, not a hotfix
  15. adnane akef

tell us somthing we don't know like ETM
  16. Hodo

I find this absolutely hilarious, this is an screw up on the level of Star Vault with Mortal Online and that went beyond EPIC.

There is a silver lining to this whole ordeal. SOE is actually trying to fix the problem instead of living in a state of disbelief, and it gives me time to play Kerbal Space Program .23.
  17. Conglomeratespy41

niceeeeeeeeeeee
  18. NewoIkken

Rabble Rabble Rabble! My characters are gone now! Rabble Rabble Rabble!
  19. NeoJaguer

well this is an advance (?

[IMG]
  20. SpaceYeti

Ah.....that is strange. I guess I'm so used to the Blizzard PTR style of testing patches before release.