Continuing to investigate server issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Dec 18, 2013.

1. westli

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  2. LilMoses

Rollback to the old version is ofc no option for SOE. Let the players wait, the tears about the new harasser and ZOE will dry and when the servers are back online after x-mas everything will be bright and gay.
  3. Stevenmadcap

SERVERS still down are the SNOWMEN refusing to go back to work, or are they rebelling at being blown either way PAY THEM MORE OR GET THE WHIPS OUT TO MAKE THEN GO BACK TO WORK SO YOU CAN WE GO DO SOME KILLING, i'm getting withdrawal symtom's
    • Up x 1
  4. CrazyCanadian24

Guys, get on the test server and go to Hossin already! There is nothing for you in this thread!
  5. Spanziu

Well thumbs up - WT is up :> pity PS2 isnt :/
  6. Model299

In my experience, sometimes changes to physics can affect the operation of the servers. I noticed that you all developed some new weapon impact classes and behaviors, so this undoubtedly changed the way that the servers track objects and physics. I have worked with smaller game servers before, and one of the sure fire ways to down the server was to put an object with damage effects like a claymore, inside an indestructible object that was not part of the terrain. Detonating the claymore would instantly drop the server, because they physics engine could not process the particles coming from the shrapnel inside an indestructible space. In your game, this could also happen if people throw grenades inside like the lagoon on the north side of Amerish, for example. Also recently I have been seeing friendly player indicators far outside the map boundary. So certain types of collisions are probably affecting the physics processing. Consequently, auraxians don't have boats, so I wonder why map boundaries are required anyhow if we're on islands.

Hope that helps,
    --Corey Hixson
    http://such411.************
  7. Pj3r

NEVER!!! NC FTW

On a side note, I -do- have characters on TR and VS :)
    Why? Because I started out TR, tried VS and then went NC. Now I mostly use the other characters to check the ruchus about anything (THIS is OP!!!! no THAT is OP!!! whine, whine whine sobsob MOMMMY!!!)

So on paper, I agree with most nerfs/buffs. I might have to adjust my opinion when I (/we) actually get to play :)
  8. S4lvador

Damn hope servers are getting up soon, people are getting frustrated and are no longer reasonable to each other.
  9. Tenebrae Aeterna

People are just jealous of our spandex, strut your stuff boys. Strut your stuff.
  10. RockISonner

Will those of us with xp boosters running be reimbursed in any way? Activated mine on Monday and it's running for 3 days. Kinda bad timing and business manners.

Please consider just giving us a couple of days warning the next time you are going to patch. I was gonna play all yesterday and today. Instead this, so warning would be nice.
  11. Game Tips And More

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  12. imfabiohello

.............................:eek:o_O...........................:eek::eek:o_O.....................:mad::mad::mad:
  13. ibosh

They should have done that this morning..
  14. Wulfen109

They are allowed mistakes because they just released a huge *** patch that was much needed for quality of life. Do you think it would go out completely issue free?
  15. westli

withdrawal symtons yes i have them to.... going to start running around my house pretending i have my flare or ns11m or dress up my car like a lightning tank
    • Up x 1
  16. ninzor

Server is up
  17. Zawabee

I just tried to log in and all my character data was gone. It took me strait to the "pick a faction" screen... I hope the servers aren't corrupted...
  18. ncDieseL

I can only hope that they've thrown in the towel for PU02 and are doing a roll back.

So much downtime is really going to hurt PS2.
  19. VALCHKYRIE

Good night guys, it's actually 10pm and i've been waiting since 5 pm for woodman to be up again, i hope i'll see you in game tomorrow to kill the snowmen that made these crashes appear...
  20. Pj3r

[IMG]