Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. UnluckyFriedKitten

Yes but I mean a squad with a max in it .. lol ..
  2. CaptainBryan

PLEASE CHANGE THE CAMO ON THE NC GALAXIES!!!
    • Up x 1
  3. VedaBug

some of these nerfs are pretty harsh, but at the end of the day it's a F2P game ... with Sony at the helm. Even If you spent thousands on this game you're just a drop in the ocean. You're paying for SOE to provide a service, you don't own the game and you don't own your items. They're connected to your account, but SOE owns that, since they own all the code and infrastructure. You're paying to speed up your progress and distinguish yourself with cosmetics. Simple as that. You don't get a refund if SOE closes PS2 down tomorrow. Just like I didn't get a refund for the bait-and-switch that was X:Rebirth
  4. Aerensiniac

- Every vehicle weapon receiving 10m max dmg range
    - Game breaking changes to some weapons, but still refusing to give players a free and/or paying cert reset option
    [IMG]

And there are still people asking why PS2's player numbers are dwindling.
    I really do wonder when Sony's dev team reaches the conclusion that being a literal ******* towards your customers tends to have a negative impact on your sales and profits overall.
    PS2 is the perfect example on whats the difference between gamers developing a game, and random people who were schooled on the matter creating "something".

Happy holidays SOE.
    Oh and before i forget: Next patch please reduce the max dmg distance of flying vehicles to 2m. After all, in your world people are climbing into vehicles to shoot at each other from 10m distance the C4 range of infantry.
    • Up x 3
  5. Scure

Calm down and play with Just Cause 2 multiplayer!
  6. muoni

:D
    • Up x 7
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

You make life worth living.
  8. SashsaACIII

http://www.radiorecord.ru/player/tab8/ Время Скоротать ;) :cool:. [IMG]

*Технический збой Сбой не неизбежный Время неизвестно Когда восстановят в свои русла ! :eek::rolleyes: .
  9. Aerensiniac

And this is exactly why PS2 is dwindling, because stuff you have invested money and/or days worth of certs into are just casually scrapped by the development team, without even having an option to cert reset out of it.
    In terms of law this is called scamming.
    Nothing more and nothing less.
    With Sony literally scamming its ingame customers, what do you think why less and less people invest in PS2 and why more and more players simply quit?

I really have a hard time with understanding these type of corporate policies, when its common sense that you are hurting your own cause, profits, relations... basically everything, but yet you chose to do so never the less.
    Why?
    Are they seriously this ********?
    • Up x 1
  10. Bassett

This.

Whatever you did with the netcode for players at distance was especially, hilariously dumb.
  11. HappyT

:eek:
  12. SashsaACIII

Radio )):cool:.

PlanetSide 2 *Rapir To pley DEFIANCE Game :cool: .
  13. Nayot

I almost destroyed my work desk. You ******* ignorants! Give me back my mother******* certs! That's like when I bought EM1 for 1000 certs and then suddenly after a patch you didn't refund my certs. But hey, we're nerfing ZOE, let's give back the certs to the VS farmers. Great job SOE, great job!!!:mad:
    • Up x 1
  14. Scan

Well done SoE.... well done. You finally delivered. And before the end of the year too!

Bravo!

It will become a more enjoyable game for everyone. (exept maybe people who liked abusing features that were clearly overpowered)

Might seem sarcastic, but I am genuinely happy these balance changes are finally in place... and I will return to playing this game again.

On the other hand.... some changes should have been made months ago. The Patch list seems impressive and very, very long, because that's how much work had been left unattended.

Nontheless... better late then never I suppose.
  15. pizo1

Dude,imagine that you spend SC on gun that had been nerfed later and no refund,certs come and go chill...............Its holiday time,grab a beer or your girl for boob :D )im doing multitasking hahah.
    • Up x 1
  16. sladuog

I'm not sure. You'd have to look up the resistance damage types. Or you could test it on a friend.
  17. pizo1

Like i said before,there is nothing wrong with new NANO system,just adapt to new stuff,i got pretty nice kill streak with new one maxed out.
  18. ADUILO

Why the **** are only the US servers up?

SOE doesn't give a **** about anyone not in the US.
  19. AirSuicide

Scamming on this level is 100% legal as long as the TOS and the legal Agreements "EULA" you agree to before playing cover it. (Which they do in not so many words... or rather in a lot of words).

The difference between large corporations F2P Model, and a private servers F2P model (Where the large companies got the idea from was the donation system used on Private servers, which was originally a loophole used to garner income for a server and it's developers without violating Property laws etc).

Is that Private server owners understand the psychology of a customer, and how to keep them happy. Whereas large corporation see F2P and think man tons of money, without actually understanding that half of the equation is as you stated, how you treat your customers.

The difference in the opposite direction, is unlike private Servers, Billion dollar companies like SOE have enough money to toss into advertisement (and still make a profit) that generally speaking unless the game has overwhelmingly bad feedback (Like X-Rebirth, and you should have paid with paypal and you would have gotten your money back... I did). When you leave a new player will be there to take your place. So large companies like SOE can generally ignore most of their customers and still make a profit.

Granted with the Bad feedback SOE in general is getting on Redit, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, IGN, PCgamer and many others who do said reviews, There ability to replace lost consumers is also dwindling.

As I sated before SOE probably has about 2-3 years left as a name company before people see the SOE logo and go, No thanks. Unless severe and major changes are instated to how it handles it's consmer base and games in general.

But even then it wont matter, they will just come up with another cool idea, under a different logo and this will all start over again.

SOE is like Walmart, In the past they were exactly what you wanted in a company and a store. in the present their only goal is to get that last dime you have and put any competitor out of business while doing it. And doing it in such a way that you as the consumer feel like it's the only choice you have to buy from Walmart or SOE, rather then SOE garnering for your money, so you spend money on SOE and Walmart because they are the only ones offering you what you need even though the service is horrible and the content isn't much better.

This however will change in 2014 and 2015. As new games are coming out from developers who actually care about their game, which do everything all of SOE's games do, only much better, with much better support. So SOE will either need to get with the times, or die off.
    • Up x 2
  20. AirSuicide

On this update in general some issues I notice are:

* As a vanu Heavy assault I can now empty clips into TR/NC and they wont die, Yet I can be 2-3 shotted. (Maybe its just the Orion weapon I'm using).

* Maxes actually seem a lot easier to kill. (Which should not be the case)

* Tanks with the exception of the Mag Rider which dies in 2-3 hits, seem impossible to kill 1 v 1... If your in a Mag, even the lightning will own you. Unless you can sneak up on them and hit them 3-5 times first.

* As always the NC Vanguard is Overpowered, Invul shield, 25% more damage, 25% more health, Damage reduction from TR nd Vanu launchers, damage reduction from AV Vehicle weapons, and Damage reduction from Max AV weapons. + the inate nurfs to these weapons with this patch.

Overall the patch was good, But there are some blaring things like the above which should be addressed. Whoever's Idea it was to give damage and Health as a racial bonus should be fired. (No offense NC guys I know your weapons are not that accurate without decent skill) But common even you know you should never give these bonuses as a racial thing.

So in closeing:

* Make the Vanguard Easier to kill.
    * Make the Mag Rider Harder to kill.
    * Fix the TR Deployed mode.

* Fix the issue with Vanu infantry not being able to kill other Infantry in a balanced manner (We should not need to empty entire clips into someone to kill them, when the enemy "TR and NC" only has to hit us 2 - 5 times to kill us.)

* Maxes should have been made harder to kill, Not easier.

The ide of balance in warfare:

A tank 1 v 1 beats:

Infantry - Generally always unless they are not fireing at infantry (95% of wins)
    Maxes - Sometimes, depends on max loadout. (75% of wins maybe)
    Other tanks - Should be balanced across the board. with your scenario running at all events 45% - 55% of wins across all tanks.

Other vehicles should vary based on fits.

Infantry vs Infantry -

Should always take the same number of hits across every faction in the game (Unless your using a more powerful weapon) And a clear line of which weapons are actually more effective in combat should be established. So people know which weapons to shoot for on which class eventually.

Despite your all's statements that all weapons are useful, this just is not the case. Some weapons are better then others based on situation, and play style. And with the veriety of weapons now available weapons are just all around better weapons.

A chart listing such and ranking them in what category and what their use is (where they excel) should be made.