Community Clash Season 1 NA & EU Ladders

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torkz, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Torkz

We are happy to announce that we have finalized the ladders for Season 1 of Community Clash. Play will start late January or early February. I apologize for the delay but I will keep you the community notified as soon as we know a solid date. Also look for several "Season 1 Dry Run Matches" to be played in the coming month. A big thanks to SteelDragon for the graphics work on these and as always thank you SOE for the help in setting this event up for the community. An especially big thanks to Margaret "Luperza" Krohn for working with us to make this a success. We hope you the community will really enjoy what we have in store for Season 1. The NA matches for Season 1 will be played on the AGN Twitch page and the EU match venue will be announced closer to the Season 1 start.

Season 1 US Ladder

[IMG]

Season 1 EU Ladder
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. Charlie

Awesome stuff!

Rebel Rifles [REBR] looks forward to facing The Foundation in our first round, hope we have a good match, and may the best outfit win!
    • Up x 1
  3. Bankrotas

KOTV better don't underestimate INI...
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

16 teams, 3 NC

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  5. MrMurdok

Shamelessly rooting for [IPT] and [TFDN], represent, Ceres!
  6. chrisbeebops

Where is [DA] and [NUC]?
    • Up x 1
  7. Mootar

Playing in a 48v48 MLG tourney where they are the only 2 teams would be my guess.

Good luck to REBR.
  8. Ender

No, we signed up for Community Clash when it was announced. DA doesn't have enough for 48's, I think we're slated for Season 2?
    • Up x 1
  9. Ribero

2 Teams from Cobalt? I'm impressed.
  10. OdinsPride

Speaking on behalf of The Dread Legion, we couldn't be more excited to help make season 1 something to remember for the community!
  11. kaws

While I look forward to participating in the upcoming Community Clash Season, I'm having a tough time calling it a ladder given the format/bracket posted above. Am curious as to whether this was actually done by seeding and if the "ladder" will be single-elimination. If that ends up being the case, might as well crown the king after the semifinals ;)

Good luck to all competing teams!
  12. Rasui

ZAPS vs FCRW

Winner of that match takes the tournament. Shame we're on the same side of the bracket, would have made for a better finale.
  13. Solaries

A season, in sports and e-sports, gives all teams a chance to compete. Since some of the most competitive outfits have been omitted this is not a comprehensive competition. Calling this a "season" will give people the impression that they were actual champions, competing against all teams and winning. That will not be the case and degrades the integrity of the entire endeavor. I suggest you rename it the Community Clash Invitational 1; a more accurate name.

However, if you want this first season to be a real, competitive, entertaining season that draws people to watch it and develop the format you need to have the most competitive teams on there to start; no question. Add more slots or sit out some of the outfits that haven't already made a name for themselves; their time will come, and their personal reputation is less important than the success and integrity of this competition. CCI2 can be for the people who haven't already been a significant part of the scene.
    • Up x 2
  14. Shanther

I am really surprised they didn't put you guys on opposite sides of the bracket. That would make the most sense to me.
  15. Ice

Dis gon be good.

Looking forward to playing/watching these matches and seeing a metagame develop from all the teams!

Put me in, coach!

edit:

We don't know how many resources it is taking the ReachCast crew to put these things together. For the time being 8-team brackets may be what's best. In the future, with increased exposure and participation (from outfits, volunteers, and SOE) this can certainly grow. For now it will be fun just to match up against other outfits in a closed environment with static rules.
  16. iPlague

Way to sell the European teams and other seasons short!

Can't wait to watch Season 2
  17. IronWarrior

What you trying to say? Personally I think the US are lucky they not facing INI Elite in this competition.
    • Up x 1
  18. iPlague

There's going to be a NA v EU bracket final, most likely.
  19. Myrgatroid

Yep, afraid so. Personally, I'd like to see TRG take it.
  20. Alarox

I have no idea who Sturmgrenadier are. I have no idea what server they're from. But I will say this. You represent all of North American NC. Kick some ***.