Any positive reactions to PU2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChrisEarth, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Torok

Epic FPS on Esamir!
    Harrasser Golden trim for 1SC! (definetly PU2 related)
    getting WRECKT by pump action users while wearing Flak armor!
    Experiencing random performance with guns since the new Hitboxes
    EXPLOSIONS
    Reaper now LOUDER since new HV values + unbugged Compensator!

MOAR RANDOM,
    need more time to evaluate.

Encountered no ZOEs! :D
  2. Tekuila

Only positive things in this patch were the optimization and the Zoe nerf. Everything else should pretty much get rolled back and never spoke of again.

Oh and the extra 4 rounds for nc weapons.
  3. Sparks

Haven't been able to try this update out myself yet, but they actually met the deadline they set!
    Surely that's positive enough :p.
  4. IamDH

Freyr looks amazing tbh
  5. Aegie

< Positive reaction.

Though, admittedly, I did not play much last night but I was very pleased with the notes and with the short time in game.
  6. Xebov

Currently im not so positive about the Patch.

The no bullet drop on VS Shotguns got removed but tehy forgot to give them the Projectile Speed of the other Factions, so now every Faction ha sthe same Shotguns, except for VS they now have the worst ones.

The Battle Rifles got a small Buff and are still not able to compete with other weapons since the Devs constantly ignored any ideas players brought to the table.

LMGs got nerfed but as far as i seen they can still pray away players on 50m with ease.

Grenades and Explosives got completely bugged with the Patch preventing them from setting each other off, so no more Tank Mine + AI Mine traps vs MAXes or Tank Mine + Sticky vs Vehicles.

We now have Snowmen on Esamir giving free XP so players stoped fighting and now roam the Continent in search for them.

We have now a new Snowgun, the same garbage like the Patriot thing. It comes with a competition so we have, once again, Infiltrators running around trying to knife and shoot players instead of helping there Faction.

And not to forget that the Patch came 3h late and endet up with a permanent Serverdown to EU Prime time due to a Server Crash issue. They "fixed" it resulting in constant crashes we have now.

Overall the Devs managed it, again, to get some parts of the game completely bugged. They spend the most time on stuff that gets used by the most players and as allways stuff used by a minority didnt realy get any time and suggestions on that where mostly ignored. However they, as usual, fast reacted when the majority got upset about there stuff being changed (ADS Patterns on CQC guns). So we wait till tehy get it managed to fix stuff this time and wait for the next Patches in the hope that they will find some time to work on stuff the minority of the palyers is using.
  7. NightmareP69

Harasser nerf is nice and we can finally buy Grey Scale camo without needing a monthly subscription but those are the only good things i can say really for now since i didn't manage to play the game enuf because the servers are having heart attacks again

my main complains are these for now :
    Hit registration is now horrible
    There has been two (three now) hotfixes yet people are still experiencing issues
    TR got the north gate while NC shoul've gotten it instead, NC almost never had the north gate on Indar
    My flash and galaxy look like they were painted by kindergarteners
  8. ChrisEarth

o_O How I 'love' this kind of sentences.
  9. janeTEXAS

In League of Legends they allways release an OP hero, people buy it and they nerf him 1 week later.

They took 6 months to nerf ZOE. Thats the only negative aspect about SOE.
  10. DaninTexas

My battle rifles got buffed and my burst variant carbines got more accurate.

I only got to play maybe an hour last night but loved those changes and the wife and me still had a ton of fun in our harasser. Used it to support a tank column playing anti-infantry and covering their flanks.
  11. Konfuzfanten

i like the patch:
    - Nerfed ZOE
    - You fixed the free MAX exploit!
    - Nerfed ZOE
    - Nerfed the 0.75 ADS weapons (that was my favorite weapons, but whatever)
    - Nerfed AV's anti-infantry capacity.

AND ofc the new 1sc sales!!!

Thx SOE!
  12. RHINO_Mk.II

I agree with about 95% of the balance changes. It's a pity they wrecked their servers though, or I'd have put in 12 hours since the patch already.
    • Up x 1
  13. Nexus545

Loving the new update... When I get to play.
  14. Larolyn

Only complaint is I can't dumbfire ESFs anymore. Hit 3 schythes this morning with dumbfires and they just took off and flew away. Need these resists fixed asap.
  15. VonStalin

I like this patch.
    Haraser nerf - good. It was so annoying..
    Max nerf - good. I dont like them. They ruin gameplay of infantry anyway.
    Air ner - good. They are annoying.
    Better headshots - perfect.
    Nefted smg hip accuracy along with other guns. Not so good, but its the only thing I am not happy about. (this is my inf+smg nerf). But well, ppl were complaining about inf+smg anyway. It was my way to farm, so i got nerfted. I will deal with that, np.
    Stalker buff - good, as inf+smg player I will be more inf + stalker.
    Sound changes - good.
    Sniper faster reload - good.
    4x optics no swing - very good.
    Warden buff - good, but not enough yet. Not going to use it. Gauss sow is better choice.
    Faster lock on on close targets - good.
  16. Bindlestiff

Given that the servers have hardly been up in the EU I think it best I leave the full verdict for when I can make a more informed decision. However, first impressions are:

• Hit boxes / hit detection seem off
    • ZOE is a bit slower but the toggle hasn't really changed much for the style I used it for anyway
    • Harassers are a little bit too brittle / slow now? Seems too easy to take them down now
    • Air seems to be much more focused right now on other air / snowmen rather than armour (this will likely change very soon)
    • I have a load of certs back and no idea what the hell to do with them (this is a good thing!)
  17. Xebov

In this case its simply true. CQC guns get used by aprox 50% of all players. And these guns got the most Dev time. They got changed several times and as they started changing the ADS Patterns players started making threads in the forums and even Higby tweeted about it. Battle Rifles get used by aprox 1% of the Players. For these guns this is the 2nd Patch since Release to recieve any changes. Players made some Posts on the Forums about it and like all posts ever made with ideas how to change them got ignored, no Dev posts anything about it. So it stays true, stuff that gets only used by an minority barely gets touched and if tehy touche it the spend as least time as possible.
  18. BoomBoom4You

The changes, overall, were good. There were some unintended consequences / bugs that I think will be fixed. They are:

1) I notice resist shield now goes down with damage received, which should not be happening
    2) VS shotgun slug projectile speed needs to match that of other factions if they now have bullet drop
    3) I think the decimator's damage values are wrong. They used to one-hit kill ESFs, now it takes 2. The patch notes state rocket launchers should do the same damage to vehicles, but they clearly do not.

Other than that, some good, some that will annoy you, but overall I think it was a good patch.
  19. piottras

Step in the right direction. Pity about the servers, but sheit happens. Happy to see some of the weapon changes, battle rifles still meh but at least VS and TR feel the pain of not being able to hip fie with LMGs well.
  20. Utilitybill

For the time I got to play last night, I really enjoyed the new patch. Things I noticed were:

-ominous max footsteps "Klank, klank, klank"
    -great kill streaks with my 4x zoom sniper rifles (Impetus) - the no sway rocks!
    -more open ground infantry pushes without getting squashed by heavy armor