Hit detection (post 12/17 patch)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dis, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Dis

Is...off. Please fix!

Thanks.
    • Up x 2
  2. The Wolf

Now this is something I can get behind I fire directly at a target and some how most of the "hits" are complete misses I am like what the...
  3. Nocturnal7x

They made the hitboxes smaller on infantry...I think...on PTS before patch it was anyway.
  4. Erik

They tightened hit boxes, however we had off and on hit detection issues while scrimping on test. Hopefully they didn't find their way live.
  5. Hibiki54

They are on live, especially if you are NC.
    • Up x 1
  6. Erik

We had it for ever faction on test, it was just random as to what players had issues. I had it on VS medic one night, then several players had it on TR while my nc medic was fine. Out of town so haven't been around to play on live, but keep in mind that hit boxes have tightened so be sure that it is definite shots not registering and not simply a change in feel based on what you've been condition too. Not saying your not accurate in your claims or anything, just throwing it out there.

Video would be the best way to show the devs what (if anything) is going on if some one can get it. Servers as I've heard have been wonky as well so there could be an issue there as well.
  7. CNR4806

You do realize that the faction with the lowest RoF in general is going to suffer most from random failure of hit detections, right?
    • Up x 2
  8. Erik

I don't see how that is relevant to any part of my statement which was purely a recount of what my outfit experienced on the test server. Some players experience obvious hit detection at times while other players didn't. This happened across all factions. Why are we talking about who it effects the most lol?
  9. Shubniggurath

It's really bad!
  10. NightmareP69

It's down right horrible, i have to empty 20 or 30 shots into just one guy for the damn hits to register even, the game is compleatly unplayable , what a lovely update to ruin Planetside 2 for the holidays
  11. Greywolf

SOE needs to fix this BS NOW the no damage bug has been going around since the Alpha and the recent patch made it even worse.
    General hit tetection has been bad anyways but straight up unloading 2 full clips into an afk infil and not doing damage is redicules.
  12. Elrobochanco

I noticed earlier that shots were not doing the damage I expected/registering. I domed another infiltrator at about 150 meters with my parallax and got zero hit markers. Tracer right through his eye, no impact on geometry in front of him, just nothing.

I wonder if the hitbox changes and the animation changes (how you see enemies posed at a distance slightly different from their close range animation set) is affecting this together.
  13. Alarox

I thought the RNG involved in pellet spread and CoF was just screwing me over today. Maybe there was more to it...

It would certainly explain why shooting straight at someone with my ACX-11 would miss for no apparent reason leading me to stop using it all together, and somehow the Bruiser was a slaughter yesterday for me and today it was almost entirely random as to whether or not it would deal lethal damage (even at point blank range).

Then again, I could have just had a crap day with bad luck.
  14. Hibiki54

It is relevant because with slower RoF weapons, we can see our shots in more detail that other factions with 652+ rpm weapons. I'm using the Anchor and hip-firing into the back of a MAX suit with less than half health within 10m (that's when you can see people's health bar) and dealing little to no damage. Or watching a teammate drop C-4 presents on top of a Lightning and the Lightning does not explode, yet I see someone else destroy a Lightning in the same method a few seconds later.

It's not you, I will tell you that much.
  15. Tekuila

This explains a lot.