Halberd, You Shall be Missed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brahma2, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Yuukikun

So you're saying the 2 of you couldn't both AOE hit the HA?
    And even if both of you were in the Tank, the other guy is a medic right?
    so you repair for 2 seconds after the first shot and it becomes impossible for the
    HA to ever destroy your tank.
  2. Yuukikun

Go and check how much time i've been using MAX please.
  3. deggy

Tell me more about the AOE on AP rounds, I'm curious.
  4. Yuukikun

If you miss the target by more than 0,5m you deserve to not do damage.
  5. deggy

But you told me to AoE the Heavy! and neither of the weapons I'm using have appreciable AoE damage!

And since he's skylining me, missing him by 0.1 cm will result in no damage. Just by the way.
  6. Yuukikun

And then why are you crying about Flak armor if you can't even hit the target?
  7. deggy

Because that difficult shot can be laughed off by anyone who feels like certing Flak Armor?

Have you been reading or just spewing whenever you see a new post?
  8. WaaWaa

I know, but you're still part of the VS aren't ya? It's just funny to hear a VS say that things need to be fair for all players, yet the VS had the ZOE MAX for at least 6 months, which skewed both indoor and outdoor fighting for all NC/TR.

I never said you personally used MAX's.
  9. deggy

The ZOE strawman continues even after the ZOE nerf.
  10. WaaWaa

The Devs seemed to think it was more than a strawman. Are you saying the Devs were wrong?
  11. Hoki

Oh wow, an anti-vehicle sniping accurate weapon no longer OHK's all infantry.

Game is ruined.

If only there were anti-infantry weapons available.
  12. deggy

I don't deny that it was too good. But it has nothing to do with the Halberd.

It's also been nerfed into a hole it was told to dig for itself if I read the patch notes correctly.
  13. Yuukikun

If by laughed off you mean being in the Red HP and having to take cover because a single pistol pullet would finish you off, then sure, let me cut your legs and arms and you'll just laugh it off as long as i keep you alive right :D
  14. Zorro

On one hand, the Halberd was being used against infantry almost as effectively as dedicated anti-infantry weapons, ruining balance. On the other hand, it is a high-powered rocket launcher, and realistically should one-shot infantry if one is unlucky enough to get hit.

It is a delicate line SOE is treading on, so one has to give them credit where it is due. I feel that the only way to ever fix this balance is to have a better resource system. Dedicated anti-infantry weapons were nerfed because they could just be spammed almost endlessly. Anti-vehicle weapons (such as the Halberd and AP cannons) are being used against infantry because there is no reason not to. With every shot consuming resources, players would have to play intelligently and not just shoot everything that moves.
  15. Yuukikun

I'm sorry i didn't know i had control over the game balance and could just log in in my dev account and nerf the ZOE myself. There are US soldiers who **** innocent women in afghanistan, should i say that all americans are ******? Because that seems to be the logic you're using.
  16. Amarsir

While I would love a game where fighting infantry means you take an anti-infantry weapon, I don't believe they have applied that logic across the board. (Nor do I think they have the courage to do so.)

You'll always have lots of people who think real-world effect somehow matters in creating a fun game, and who therefore expect any AV weapon to decimate infantry too. To overcome that they'd have to take it on directly and universally. But instead look what happened to Liberator weapons: the Dalton is far more used for infantry-killing than either the Zephyr or Shredder. Was it nerfed or the other two buffed? Nope.

So again, I like the idea of right-weapon-for-right-job. But it doesn't feel like that's what happened. It feel like people were complaining about harassers (rightly so), and they responded by doing "stuff".
  17. WaaWaa

I said it was hard to hear a VS talk about things being fair. I didn't say you were responsible for the unfairness.
  18. Yuukikun

http://postimg.org/image/l32ebwvzh/

Is this still too unfair for you?
  19. icosta

Halberd took skill to utilize well with a team of 3 against tanks. Lightnings were cake but a vanguard or prowler? You were dead in 2 hits if you weren't a pro driver. This nerf is rediculous
  20. Nate

They need to lets us despawn our vehicles anywhere and get all of our resources returned. Some conditions would need to be met for the despawn to complete as to prevent exploits. Full health, 30 second wait.

Then you could respawn your vehicle at a terminal with the changed loadout.