Snowmen Problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DurandaI, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Gredd18

500xp is Two Certs, If I'm right. Two Certs, One Kill, No BS. Apart from Hordes of TKs, Killsteals, ETC.
  2. z1967

Truth is, I would be camping the campers. And maybe an occasional snowman. Or give him a hug, with a chain blade, to the face.
    • Up x 1
  3. DurandaI

Well, people are camping them to be able to play some new content, content that, lets be honest, is very few and far between.
    So yeah I want to participate in the event, is that such a terrible thing?
  4. Nocturnal7x

Who said anything about a pilot and gunner :p 1/1 libs are all the rage now (pilot swaps to belly gun). Or I bet a tank buster would work pretty good on snowmen too.
  5. DurandaI

Thats exactly the kind on anti-social and non team friendly gameplay that I fear this event promotes
    • Up x 3
  6. Cougarbrit

I like my anti-social lib though :<

It usually works better that way rather than letting randoms into a dalton. Eating that splash damage on a landing pad can kill y'know.
    • Up x 1
  7. travbrad

A FPS doesn't need "random objectives". The objective of a FPS should be to have fun and shoot people, in first person. I know, it's a crazy idea.

When the system encourages the flaws of the players then the system does share part of the blame. Awarding huge XP for zerging almost-empty bases was bad enough, but now they are actually rewarding people for not doing anything useful at all. Pretty soon they will have fields of pretty flowers at the warpgate that can be picked for XP rewards.
  8. uhlan

Welcome to MLG/F2P method land!!

Not quite Santa hats or reindeer antler helmets. but equally ridiculous.
  9. Astriania

Silly hats don't hurt squad play.

The rewards are so small though it's silly to TK and camp for them, and people will probably realise this, and start using them as an 'ooh look at that' extra around normal play soon enough, which I assume is the intention.
    • Up x 2
  10. ColonelChingles

Shut up and man up.

[IMG]
    squueeeeeeeeeeee
    • Up x 3
  11. Prudentia

curently i'm betting with myself if SOE breaks their old '13hour downtime for EU servers' record
    after that i'll try to convince my Outfit to make a AV/AA squad and wait at the locations of the snowmans. I think even a ESF assist is already worth the same as a snowman, so let their be debris of snowfarmers :eek:
  12. Luighseach

I think it would be a good idea just to give it to the entire squad the bonus all except the Golden Snowman.
  13. Hicksimus

For a short period while Mattherson was up I was out hunting snowmen and it was the most fun I've ever had in Planetside 2.

I was spotted by an enemy Mosquito after a few minutes of blasting around on my flash attempting to hide from enemy ESFs that were doing the same thing I was. I made the guy chase me around in some rocks and eventually I jumped off to face him....just me as an engineer versus a lolpodder. He emptied his pods at roughly 20 meters out and 5 feet off the ground nearly killing me but not succeeding. As I got closer he panicked and flipped upside down bailing before he exploded. I do believe that he fired a snowball at me before I shredded him NC style.
    I repaired my trusty yet unsteady steed and proceeded forward where I found another enemy mosquito slowly descending upon a helpless snowman(snowperson?). I deployed my MANA AV Turret and downed a second ESF! Finally a third ESF spotted me and ended my exploration of terror.

Snowmen have more metagame than PS2! Plus they actually make me want to play like I need to live because I'm behind enemy lines and respawning actually has a cost. That cost being my exploration time.

Give it a chance, it's a lot more entertaining than I expected.
    • Up x 1
  14. DurandaI

Dont get me wrong I love that snowmen can promote that kind of gameplay, I just wish that there could be some squad or team benefits for hunting them :/
    • Up x 2
  15. Meeka

Mmm, hunting snowman hunters sounds like something FUN to do!
  16. TintaBux

Another thing to throw away the team work aspect of the game.
  17. MFP_TK_01

Switch seats every 5 minutes.
    ?????
    ?????
    Profit!
  18. DurandaI

That still dosnt promote teamplay, golden snowmen are very rare, and finding 2 of them with all the libs and ESFs in the air hunting for them and you make it very hard. Also combined with the nerfs to Lib noseguns and shredder, AA libs are in a worse place then they were, so its gonna be much more of an annoyance than anything else.
  19. Amarsir

Don't blame the players for the flaws of the system. Which came first - human nature or this game? What's more reasonable - changing a system rule or expecting thousands of players to behave differently?
  20. Gustavo M

Three kobalt shots.