Is this guy with a 10-1 K/D ratio (playing HA) best player in PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BozoDaClown, Dec 17, 2013.

1. JudgeNu

Quite possibly farming his friends, or they play at odd hours and pop is quite low and they just hunt noobs for a short while and log out.
    Im here for the large scale battles and KDR is the last thing I care about.
    • Up x 2
  2. NC_agent00kevin

Ive seen this guy do some pretty sketchy sh**. Killed me and 3 buddies with headshots each all of us on different elevations at Regent Rock. A prefect staccato ping ping ping from one of us to the next. While were were moving in heavy combat.

However, I have managed to kill him a couple times in a straight up 1v1. Cant say he isnt legit, but darn sketchy at times.
  3. Philosipher

Winning in an open world FPS is all about using your environment, just stop and look around every once and while and take advantage.
  4. pintle

This is an F2P MMO. If you really care about grooming your k:d there is no shortage of noobs to farm.

A k:d in this game is not an indicator of skill. The fact that you infer skill based off of k:d aptly demonstrates the damaging effect that tracking such stats has on the playerbase.

Once k:d gets beyond a point, all it indicates is a farmer.

Anyone wanting to focus exclusively on infantry vs infantry fps skills should be playing a different game, k:d in PS2 is farmable stat.
  5. janeTEXAS

• Up x 1
  6. TheFamilyGhost

K/D is a very easy stat to manipulate. It is not a measure of a person's value to a team.
  7. BozoDaClown

8. Posse

From what I've seen about NivX he's really fishy and I wouldn't mind both of them banned to be honest (reasons below :p)

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. Vortigon

He is exploiting! - check his killboard! The guy has killed the same people over and over and over again - pathetic!
  10. MajiinBuu

I've seen players with a KDR of over 200.
    Those are bad people and I hope they've been banned by now.
  11. BozoDaClown

Wait? If you think he is a cheater? How can someone high profile (with crazy k/d) play and cheat for a year and not be banned? He can't be cheating since SOE would have found out by now, right?

I assumed he was legit. Since he has played so long and kept his account.
  12. Posse

I don't know, I just say both of them are suspicious based on some videos I've seen and some patterns in their stats, how can they not be banned yet if they are indeed cheaters? Who knows, that's not for me to say.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kamikaize

People will go to great lengths to conceal and deceive people. I've personally experienced Nivx pulling some questionable stuff and have seen evidence linked from others as proof. He's been banned before, but you just learn to be less obvious next time and play more conservative as a hacker.
  14. CaptHaddock

You are talking about nivxvs and his clan mate. And on top of kdr, he kills someone every 25 secs. All day, every day, every hour - to the point of reaching BR100. No spawn camping, running around.

I 100% believe he's cheating.
  15. that_darn_lurker

A lifetime average of 37% accuracy is insane, and with the Solstice SF alone he has 44% accuracy. A really good player will have between 20% to 25% accuracy, and will probably sport a K/D of 2 to 4. 37% is god status, so no wonder he has a k/d of 9. Even good players must fear him. His worst weapon is the Quasar where he has a 29% accuracy rating. Apparently this guy makes every bullet count.
  16. TheTreeness

K/D by itself isn't but looking at his LMG stats, (minimum KPM of 2, accuracy approximately 30%, HSK almost 30%,with almost all his total kills as a HA (All of these stats are attainable legit)) anyone who thinks this guy isn't a valuable addition to anyone's team is seriously kidding themself.
    • Up x 2
  17. GSZenith

odd only 30% accu must be one of the tower defending heroes since 30% accu is easy to reach while just spraying around, see my TR gun accu (ignore the AMC was tryharding with it for the 37% accu :( )
  18. Posse

I have 35% with the VX6-7 and I'm nowhere near god status, lol.
  19. Nopsled

K/D of 10 is a decent accomplishment. It's all about what you focus on. Some people are K/D ******. Look at Daddy on Miller; he has a K/D of 54. https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618035589553/. I don't think that makes him the best player on PS2 (I don't even think that's the highest K/D), it makes him the best kill-***** pilot I know of that's still allowed to play (respectfully).

Also, I think that the best player is subjective, I'd count medic revives as the basis for it because he keeps everyone else playing and since this is a game that's the best accomplishment to have.
  20. TheTreeness

Accuracy is not a reliable indicator of high K/D (5 and above), positioning skills are much more important than accuracy when it comes to what is humanly possible. An example would be Visigodo his highest achieved accuracy is 40% Accuracy with 40% HSK (on his waterson alt) but his K/D still suffers because of less than optimal positioning.