Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. ShiroSan

as the TR would say "Stay frosty"
  2. UnluckyFriedKitten

... Not alive :)
  3. NaztivaUS

somthing like this :
    as vulcane replacement?
  4. UnluckyFriedKitten

I just hope they dont nerf sarcasm or im leaving this forumside forever ! :)
    • Up x 1
  5. amm0-rat

seen her?, every time i find her idling at the warpgate im on my knees making a very close inspection of the magazine holsters.
  6. Akeita

Dem cert, packing up a flash and run around the map
    • Up x 2
  7. Alizona

Slow down there, Shemp... what are we trying to do here, turn the greatest game currently available into one of the worst games I played in the past year (GuildWars 2)? LOL

I'm okay with Sony doing this because I find Esamir to be, by far, the most boring continent. I play engineer and Esamir has WAY TOO FEW turrets to repair. :) So the snowmen will give me good reason to spend time on the continent. But if they ever take this one step further towards GW2 rubbish, I'm gonna get very very nervous indeed. haha
  8. InvitroCanibal

You now have sticks instead of assault weapons and your tanks shoot party confetti instead of explosives...also your appearance is only that of a sad clown modeled after Rusty Nails.
    • Up x 1
  9. DearLeader

If you waste your time doing that on a video game, that is a bit of an issue.

~DearLeader
  10. Hedron

The harasser nerf is almost certainly too much to know if it's balanced correctly. If they've drained the fun out of that vehicle, I will likely quit again and take my membership fees with me. All told between station cash and 2 six month membership re-ups, I've got some decent money into this game, even though I didn't play it for months. I MIGHT look for another playstyle that is fun after this harasser smack down, but not without my thousands of certs and station cash purchases refunded.

I don't want to over-react until I see it in game, but the list of nerfs is as long as my... uh... arm. I can't see how that can be appropriate.

What I like about the harasser is the fact that between a skilled driver and a skilled gunner, you can have great survivability. That means you can focus on a playstyle and get good at it rather than just run face first into timers and being unable to sustain a purpose on the battle field. It's fun to drive and it's fun to gun.

If there were less kills because the armor was reduced and you had to hit and run more, ok. In fact, the increased requirement for driving skills might make that fun. But nerfing the hell out of armor, nerfing the hell out of repairs, and forcing the harasser in close and nerfing the hell out of turbo all seems like a death sentence. Driving a harasser will become like driving a flash without cloak. You're just dead for anyone who looks at you sideways.

I quit playing PS2 months back because the game has no way for a small organized group to make a difference. Strategy is dead because it requires a full zerg to make any progress on a base that isn't just a worthless ghost cap.

You can't lightning strike any targets that actually matter, so speed and coordination is just noise and motion to no purpose because when you take a target, it's simply a matter of time for superior numbers to take it back from you. It makes the game purposeless and boring.

I used to run a pretty big outfit in PS1. When I logged in I knew what had to be done on the map, and I knew how my group could affect it. I knew how to be useful as one squad or 3, and I knew how to coordinate team efforts so that playing with team objectives mattered more than just running around shooting what you could see. Bases had the equivalent of "head shots" in terms of gen or tube attacks. Now they don't.

In planetside 2 it never feels like speed and coordination matter. It's mass group pressure that matters.

The harasser was a playstyle that made PS2 interesting again because you were mobile, able to address critical battlefield issues (armor, infantry, air, whatever). Without it... meh.

The goal of a good game is not to balance everyone into dying equally often to all things. It's to allow people to have a good time and allow a skill progression that pays off so they keep playing.

I dunno. We'll see. But today I'm a sad panda and thinking I may be quitting again.

Here's to the old days when a super fast, super coordinate force felt effective. I thought I could see that happening again with the harasser.

• Up x 1
  11. Shoot4Life

only thing that matter is all server are still down.shame on you SOE
  12. mogveil

Rather than benign snowmen, perhaps we could have the Santa from Futurama! That could be a real fourth faction.
  13. Rennigen

Harasser now: LESS armor, LESS damage, LESS repair

seems legit, now we can go on holidays with it but not into battlefield..
    • Up x 1
  14. UnluckyFriedKitten

lol just reloaded Planetside and got the pick a faction screen .. I mean I have faith they will restore my characters but.. there is a part of me that is now crapping its pants a lil.
    • Up x 3
  15. PiLamdaOd

Why is it with these patch notes that nothing in it makes you go "finally" or "that was a good idea." Its always changes that make you scratch your head and think "why?"
    • Up x 2
  16. mogveil

Now I am truly happy, I always wanted sticks instead of shotguns.
  17. Soviet209

Hello SOE,

I don´t know what the hell is happening, or who took over your company,
    but now I am angry as never. What have you done with TR?
    I am loyal to the Vanu, our only true gods, but our Gods still deserve some honor.
    On what have you done with TR (Nerfed everything) is unacceptable.
    You have ruined Planetside. Now there are only two factions fighting = NC and VS.
    Cause TR (which has to be the Dominion of PS2) Is not even weak, now it doesn´t equal even to the Civil population or some neutral little corporation, not that Empire it truly is. And even I, who follows the true path of Vanu, am angry about this patch. Many TR players will stop playing this game, and so forth, game will become borring, because not only me, but more of us, like to honor Vanu by fighting someone who is worthy of an opponent, and that´s the TR. Fighting NC is pathetic, cause you are still trying to make them the most powerful (which is even more pathetic if you look on the lore). And NC has to be what TR is now, and TR has to be that worthy opponent it was. The most powerful now. Where are those old great battles? Now it´s just, TR tries to attack and little force of OP Vanu or NC will push them with few aganist horde... This is not balance! Nerfing every weapon of TR arsenal (expect shotguns for Vanu´s sake) is not BALANCE!!!! Just bring back what was before this patch (expect ZOE, it was really OP) and buff TR little more. Dont Nerf them even more!
    • Up x 4
  18. Schwak

Nerfed my prowlers halberd into the ground and I wasn't offered a refund. Bye bye 4400 certs. :(
    • Up x 3
  19. TintaBux

Everyone will start from BR1.
    • Up x 2
  20. uranusis

WE are SCREWED dude...
    • Up x 1