Here it is...the New & Improved Harasser!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MountainMan, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikachu

Cute :3
  2. Hicksimus

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I saw this change coming from miles away. You should not dump certs into anything that you know is blatantly OP because you know you might not get those certs back when it gets balanced.

TLDR: You had your fun ruining my game with an OP item and now I'll take my repayment in tears.
  3. MajiinBuu

I've always used stealth on my harasser
  4. ManyHats

this x 1,000,000,000,000.

If you role FOTM and don't feel cheesy doing it, more power to you, just remember it's called FOTM for a reason....
  5. Zazulio

Last I checked, infantry farming was a pretty damn good source of XP, which the Harasser will still excel at. You will be much less effective when there are other vehicles present, however, which is good, because a vehicle that has the massive farming potential of the Harasser shouldn't also have no hard counters. And no, you shouldn't be able to solo a Lightning. Lightnings should be a target that you can harass out of the field (hence: harasser), not a target that simply has no hope of running away or fighting you off. Right now, Lightnings are essentially completely defenseless against Harassers. There is simply no way to out-damage, out-tank, or out-run them, unless the Harasser crew is completely inept. That's not okay.

Harassers should be dangerous to Sunderers and infantry (as they are light scout vehicles, intended for attacking weaker positions), NOT an all-purpose machine capable of soloing every other threat on the battlefield.

These nerfs were COMPLETELY justified, and serve to much more solidly define the Harasser's intended role on the battlefield. You should not be taking on tanks-- tanks should be a hard counter that you are forced to avoid (which you can easily do, because you have the fastest and most maneuverable vehicle in the game). What you should be doing is focusing on other light vehicles and infantry, and these changes reflect that.

If you dumped all of your certs these past six months or so into a blatantly overpowered vehicle, and are now crying because its finally being balanced against the rest of the game, then that's YOUR problem. The Harasser is hardly "useless" now, it's just no longer capable of doing everything. You can either learn to use the vehicle the way it was designed to be used, or you can quit using it-- I don't care either way. But understand that these changes were completely necessary, and long overdue, and I'm not going to be shedding any tears over you no longer being able to exploit the massive imbalances the old harasser introduced.

TL;DR-- quit crying, you knew this was coming, deal with it
  6. ROMNEYTRON

Armor columns are making a comeback! Woo-hoo!
  7. Dethfield

The harasser is and at least was always supposed to be, a light transport vehicle. A dune buggy. I dont know of any dune buggy that could shrug off AP rounds from a tank.

The harasser is now what it always should have been. Tanks show up? You get the hell out of the area or you die. Thats the way it should have been, and if you invested certs into a vehicle that was most likely going to get nerfed sooner or later.... well ya done goofed.
  8. DaninTexas

The tears are quite exquisite today.
    • Up x 3
  9. Gundem

With all the cert refunds I'm getting, I'll be certing my Basilisks out the ***.

+100 RoF
    -25 Damage

I'm pretty sure you pissed yourself when you read those patch notes, right?
  10. axiom537

WAH! WAH! WAH!

I want to have the speed of an ESF, the fire power of a MBT & be able to take as much damage as a MBT and be able to repair while moving.

Don't get me wrong I love the harasser, but it was severely OP and it needed those nerfs...
  11. kayben

You must live in a wonderful world where ESFs only do 90 kph and MBTs don't have a main gun.
  12. Ghosty11

An AP Lightning is something a Harasser should fear not actively chase down and kill. Even after these changes a Harasser will still be able to kill any other Lightning other than an AP Lightning, if the AP Lightning driver can aim.
  13. Ryekir

That's really a Vulcan problem, not a Harasser problem...
  14. Emotitron

Expect no refunds for investing in clearly OP items. That stock was clearly going to fall.
  15. axiom537

Sorry, I slightly exaggerated in an exaggerated post regarding a ridiculously OP vehicle...
  16. Kvakva

Sooo what about ZOE?
  17. Ryekir

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter anyway: certs are unlimited so just keep playing to get more! :)
    • Up x 1
  18. Chipay

Actually, the Vulcan was fine (even UP) before Harassers, so it's not the Vulcan that's the problem
  19. NC_agent00kevin

The obligatory ' I certed in to something Op and now its not Op anymore so I want my certs back' thread.
  20. ferelferret

here is the new magrider

[IMG]

and the new prowler

[IMG]

and the new vanguard

[IMG]

here we have the new NC Harraser

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.