Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Nerkun

Yes I agree. I was thinking the same, the problem is that everyone can pull a tank and there is no limit to how many can be in one area, and now the lattice forces all of those tanks in one direction, making zerging even easier. I don't mind tanks, I don't mind 5 tanks, I don't mind 7, but when we need to fight off 13+ tanks who we can't even shoot at because they know where we are shooting from and they constantly shell those places, then I lose the will to play. Even if we somehow manage to kill those 13+ tanks, they pull more. I wish there was a much bigger cooldown. Make the tanks stronger even, but lock them at a 1 to 1.5 hour cooldown, so that when I fight and kill them, it means something strategically, not just a 3-6 minute delay before the next wave.
    • Up x 2
  2. Nehlis

LIES! Higby doesn't have that much hair! Most people have less than 200,000. Unless of course, it is a glorious lions mane.
    • Up x 1
  3. The Wolf

Does anyone know how much longer the servers are going to be down?
  4. TheKhopesh

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/nightly-pts-playtest.156394/
    Actually, every week night the PTS gets some decent action.

And yes. It does reflect the live server pretty well.

Granted, it never reaches the population across the whole continent, but that's why SOE gathers us all together in one location.
    All clustered together like that, we can get some decent sized fights going (I've taken part in some pretty epic +48/+48 fights on the PTS in the past).
    That and Hossin was a pretty big deal when it was first introduced on the PTS.
  5. Eager100

No! I beg of you! Not the Harasser! Its the only thing that keeps me playing this game! Why must you ruin my most loved part of the game! My DoomSlayer! WHY!!!!!!!!!
  6. TRNCVS

Largest patch ever? To me all of these changes are in the right direction. Great changes, it's going to be like playing a whole new game. Ill have to find new favorites for weapons again.
  7. Shizzlebitz

lol a shield and nanites sound like a good deal to me.. And becoming a mobile anti-infantry max turret doesn't sound like a bad deal either. Especially compared to a max that takes more damage and the only good thing he has going for him is longer legs, to what, run away I guess
    • Up x 1
  8. Zazulio

I gotta admit, pretty much everything where "no bullet drop" would actually be a benefit, doesn't benefit from it!
    • Up x 1
  9. Jaguar

Soo.... with the sniper rifles, bolt actions and scouts... Does this mean that damage is all flat across all empires.... except VS has zero bullet drop on top of having the same damage? ^^;
  10. sagolsun

It'll be nice to put those certs from deploy mode back to something useful.
    • Up x 2
  11. TheKhopesh

My outfit (Or at least a fair number of us) have made some decent skirmishes on the PTS when we want to test new changes that we are concerned about.
    We even have a fair number of primary VS and TR players' alts in our little group.
    So we not only have the numbers to do so, but also those who are experienced with TR and VS equipment.

Did you think I just meant that I hopped on and d*cked around with no one else?

P.S.
    The nightly playtest usually gets a decent crowd, both when new features are released on the PTS, and before the latest changes go live.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/nightly-pts-playtest.156394/
  12. Alarox

So I was thinking about sleeping since I've been up for 31 hours, but I've already gone this far. I can spend another 10 playing Planetside 2. Sleep is for the... *yawn* weak.
  13. COR_

fortunately I thing your issue will be helped by the upcoming resource overhaul, where bases will run out of resources to give players. You might still see those 13+ tanks, but only at the start of an engagement, 1-3 players could pull endless tanks out of a base, but as more players get tanks and drain resources, the base will split it limited resource pool among them. 5 players might manage 3 waves without cooldown, 7 will be lucky to get 2, by the time 13 players are having the limited base resources spread around their 13 mechanized resource pool, they will have to save up and coordinate their tank pulls, which will then be eroded without constant reinforcement.
    • Up x 1
  14. LordMondando

Three things.

1) If I saw more people actually aruging along the lines of 'when I was using x on the PTS, I found it y and z'. I'd belive they had been on it and were basing their opinons on evidence.
    2) For the EU (the majority of the player base) the nightly play tests are in the dead of morning. So to most EU players they are inaccessible.
    3) I never said, no one turned up to the PTS, only that as a conjecture i'd wager the majority of people kicking up a fuss with 'HOW DARE YOU NERF MY OP TOY' did not.
    • Up x 1
  15. Zazulio

VS sniper rifles do have bullet drop. No bullet drop only seems to be a feature on their general carbines, AR's, LMG's, BR's, and SMG's. And the only weapon among those that actually benefits from no bullet drop is most likely the Battle Rifle-- it's a bit of a waste on anything that isn't meant to be pegging targets from 100m or so.
    • Up x 2
  16. Wulfen109

Finally glad to see the Developers have realized that TR and VS have been given too much love. Now NC seems to be on par in terms of equipment. Time for the months of NC "hardmode" to finally pay off. Oh the QQ will be so delicious
    • Up x 1
  17. Ghosty11

Yet the TR AI MAX still maintain a higher overall dps, but give up a bit of accuracy for it. So in reality VS weapons might be better at medium range the TR weapons are better for short to close ranges where accuracy means little. TR MAX AI weapons are certainly not as bad off as you make them out to be.
  18. Redshift

I was thinking more about things like the basilisk, hipfire changes are ok imo
  19. Klondor

This is amazing. New desktop background.
    • Up x 2
  20. lyravega

One of their ideas was to implement a global resource system; resources for bases, and everyone tapping in the same pool. However, if they don't adapt a way to only allow "certified people" use these resources up, they'll ruin the resources system altogether aswell.

I agree with the lattice. What's funny about lattice system is, they're linking some more bases back together, where it used to be a road between two bases but were removed with the lattice update, now there is again a lattice link but no road. Granted, that'll split the armor zergs and stuff most of the time, but it is mostly the same places over and over. Like you said, directional links for zergs. Only thing missing is a pointer on your map, showing where the friendly zerg is heading to so you don't get lost.

About the bases, bases used to be beyond terrible when the game first released. New bases aren't any better if you ask me, instead of a box with 1-2 doors&windows, now you have 4/6 bigger doors&windows, but the real problem is, when you are bottled up inside, several enemy sunderers deployed around the base, you have nothing to do. You cannot do anything from that "now-little-bigger-box". You have one point of spawn, opposed to their few. You have a lose condition (timer: base capture), but they don't. Even a simple ticket system for mobile spawning points would make the game a lot better for the defense.

About tank cooldowns, 1+ hour might be harsh, I'd be allright with 30-45 mins if they were harder to destroy (and there weren't any fairies (light assaults with C4 - a cheap way to lose your vehicle)). When I drive a vehicle, I usually have AV weapons on it, to target enemy vehicles primarily. If my gunner / I can get a shot on an infantry, that's a bonus for me (us), as it is a hard thing to do. But I see a lot of this: a big infantry battle is going on at a base. attackers do not protect their sunderer, and lose it to a lone engineer or two. then the attack halts as they no longer have a spawn point (assuming it was the only sunderer). Next, when they go back to their own base, they spawn whatever they can, lightnings, harassers, MBTs, and retry. And the cycle goes on.

Meh, we can talk all day, but the real problems will never get solved with SOE's mentality. Anyway, good chat.