Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. deggy

So wait... It was supposed to be at 7AM, but instead it's at 12:30PM.

My guess of +6 was close to right :p
    • Up x 2
  2. Tecolot

I would respectfully request to SOE, a refund for the certs I have wasted.. er.. spent in the harraser, please.

Thank you.
  3. Pritch

where is the dt for the patch its 15 mins overdue
  4. Zazulio

:rolleyes:
  5. Flashtirade

My favorite part about these patch notes is that they explained the reasoning behind the changes to most aspects, sometimes including what they want the weapon/vehicle to do and/or how they wanted it to perform against various targets.
    • Up x 3
  6. Nerovox

Divine Intervention?
  7. Nerkun

It was about time. I've had enough of TR and VS ignoring each other and most of the time and attacking the NC.
  8. NylaJess

Is that so, in a minute u will say ZOE was UP :eek::rolleyes::confused:
    NC Max Shield = No Reloads unless u reload b4 u put the shield up, No firing, still gets damage with shield on, Slow movement = snail goes faster
    ZOE = Movement Speed Faster than infantry, No CD, Increased dmg and so on, so now tell me wut are the downsides of ZOE the increased DMG taken lol do not tell me u even wanted ZOE in use without the DMG taken increased :confused:
    So by other words ZOE had at least 3 things in favour, against 1 "downside" the DMG received. Definitely ZOE was UP according to u :rolleyes:
    In case u did not realize even the TR & NC Max are even larger (NOT BIGGER) than the VS Max.
    NC & TR Max run with big "neon" sign: Easy target to shoot at.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ghosty11

OMG what is this, I don't even know!

Please take you Ritalin and re-read my post with out all your rage.

All MAX AV weapons got nerfed, but the pounder got a buff as well since it's gravity has been dropped from 10 to 7.5, which should make it easier to use.

Name one Vanu small arms weapon that has a higher magazine capacity than a TR equivalent, since as far I know the faction traits are supposed only effect the faction's small arms. Hint the only weapons that come close are the Polaris LMG and the Orion, which equals the mag size of the TR equivalent weapon.

Apparently this validates my claim that having more damage per magazine is better than a higher RoF or damage per bullet.

All of the ESF rocket pods suck now, but I can't really say that the VS one is any better or worse than the NC/TR.

I have the Auraxium Medal with both the H-V45 and the TAR, and I can tell you that the TAR, even with it's lower RoF, is better gun because of the extra 10 rounds in the magazine. It's like you just need to learn to aim, because firing characteristics of VS and TR are very close to each other. NC guns fire very differently and take a bit of time to get used to when switching from the VS or TR to NC, and vice versa. Score per minute is a terrible stat to judge weapon performance by, although Higby's data showed that the TAR and Jaguar were the best AR and carbine in the game, so take those numbers for whatever you think they are worth.

I never stated that the TR were unnerfed in my original post. Go back and reread it. I simply stated that I found it funny that one of the few weapon/ammo combos where the Vanu small arm faction trait had any benefit got nerfed out of existence. To go further, the TR are the only faction that has a useful faction trait at this point. The VS get no bullet drop that is useful on all of one weapon now, the Battle Rifle, and the NC get 3 200 damage small arms, 2 of which under perform, and the third has a very steep learning curve, and is issued as their HA's default weapon.

So please if you are going to rant at least take a moment and think about what you are posting.
    • Up x 1
  10. Xhaleon

You know, I think they made the Enforcer Modified a little underwhelming against infantry because it actually kind of puts the hurt on a Harasser if it gets stuck too close. Still crappy though.

Also, crab hunting season soon fellow Forumsiders!
  11. AccelPrime

Stop overreacting, why does so many people on these forums make a coupla' small changes into one ginormous deal? It's because of your whine that things that shouldn't get nerfed gets nerfed in the first place :eek:!
  12. Poorform

But then what stops people demanding refunds for every weapon/vehicle that gets a change and just creating a revolving door of certs that they then spend on the next flavor of the month overpowered thing?

You're gonna have to deal with it. They may lose some people who were silly enough to think the current harasser was balanced and fine, but they'll gain back many other players that quit because of the ridiculousness the harasser was.
  13. Jeslis

How much downtime? still the 90minutes or something else?
  14. Dramonicous

Yes please.
    Hated harasser from the very start, and its still getting nerf after nerf.
    I know there r alot of players making great use of this vehicle, hence the nerfs, but I was never able to perform with it so well.
    It should be noted thou that my connection is acting weird when in vehicles for some reason.
  15. NightmareP69

Ghosty, you forgot the most important rules of forumside
    [IMG]
    There's simply no reasoning with a person who only played TR in Planetside 2 and maybe 5 minutes as NC or VS and than concluded NC/VS is OP because he managed to get 5 kills with a certain weapon and than immedeatly left to the forums to show it off.
  16. Kociboss

They decreased vehicle resistances.
  17. Nervermind

What is the reason for the delay?
  18. Shizzlebitz

I'm not saying the ZOE didn't need to be nerfed.. It did, in some was it was clearly too powerful, but now they've stripped it of everything. Now it has NOTHING. It just dies faster. That's it. There is now NO good use for it. What situation would you ever walk into where you tell yourself "I think I need my max to die faster. He's really dying too slow right now and people are getting mad at me. I got an idea. Let me turn on my ZOE." It's only decent at close range now not good but it dies 2x as fast. Tell me how thats useful in any way.
    • Up x 2
  19. Wadelma

I'm all for the changes.
    While I loved using ZOE, I felt it was a tad OP as it was a no-brainer for a VS MAX to have.
    I do think they nerfed it a bit too much, not unlike the harasser. Still, bring on the balance!
    No more supersniper Prowlers, bliss!
    • Up x 1
  20. Redshift

Those changes are going to destroy the fracture, the problem was the infantry damage not the projectile flight model, trying to hit a moving vehicle with projectiles with acceleration is going to be pot luck, the raven and comet should just have had their projectiles changed to match the fracture
    • Up x 1