Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. reticentbassist

WAY too many people are saying "Nerfing X weapon or vehicle now makes it useless"

YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED YET SO YOU DON'T KNOW!

I never have had a Vulcan on either my Prowler or my Harasser, but I have half a mind to go pick one up immediately and start owning with it, to show the whiners that it will still kill...
    • Up x 5
  2. LordMondando

Get out of here your rational bastard.

A lot of people are seething with rage because they paid good money for something that was ridiculously OP and now its at least had an attempt made on to it to be more balanced.

How dare SOE take away their broken toys that made them feel superior.
    • Up x 3
  3. Kaale

So as its 4:30pm CET (just in case your timezone converter is still broken) will "Later" be in the middle of our Prime time at around 8pm CET (11am PST) or will you wait until past 12pm CET (3pm PST)
  4. Hicksimus

And so the ZoE reign of terror continued.
  5. reticentbassist

What confuses me is why they refunded ZOE?

I understand the Nanowave refund, because EVERYONE has access to nanoweave and it is a serious change. But it seems that refunding ZOE was arbitrary considering the extent of the changes to a variety of other systems, without a cert refund.

The harasser was nerfed even more than ZOE, yet no refund. Why a ZOE refund?
    • Up x 2
  6. TownCryer8

Any idea on the size of the patch?
  7. faykid

so, when?
    it was scheduled for a time period close to early prime time in EU
    will it be exactly during the prime time now? or maybe late at night? i wonder...
  8. pizo1

I dont see problems in tis lets call it a "nerff",only thing is that now you are gona need to put a bit more effort in killing.
    Compering all guns for vehicles Vulcan is the most powerfull piece off equipment out there,but who cares there is a cure against that also hehehe.
    Only thing im really want to try is that LMG hip firing nerf that would be interesting to see tho hehe.
  9. aceoyame

Actually ZOE was nerfed much more than the harrasser. Being able to toggle it on and off was a major advantage of it. Now it's on a stupid timer
  10. faykid

ZOE was not nerfed, it was overhauled, modified, just like NW
    simple change of damage/health stats (like with harasser) does not call for refund
  11. Kyouki

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA TBD!!!
  12. Trelfar

Not thrilled about the underbarrel nerf - mainly because it needed fixes before it needed a damage reduction.

I have no problem with direct hits needed for a kill, but I can't even begin to count the number of times I've scored a direct hit on an enemy (complete with the direct hit indication on the target reticule) but the grenade bounces off them without exploding, and they only take a small amount of damage.

The worst one was when I laid 2 tank mines under a Sunderer, shot one with an underbarrel, and the grenade not only bounced directly off the mine without either of them exploding, but it punted the mine out from underneath the Sunderer and scooted it ~15m away.

Unfortunately this is probably a physics engine problem than something specific to the underbarrels, therefore much harder to fix, but it remains an incredibly annoying bug on an otherwise really fun weapon.
  13. Hicksimus

The only bad thing about this is how stupid that gameplay mechanic is.
  14. Gringosuave

"We've hit an unexpected error: we didn't want to nerf ZOE or move the VS out of indar northgate"
  15. noMnoM

you should know by now that soe doesnt care about eu.
  16. MrMurdok

To be released during EU prime time, with unforseen (huehue) bugs, hotfix coming out during EU prime time, after the holiday season.

Gosh, I love this game.
  17. Mhak

Can anyone give me one reason to use this over the Kobalt, now?

One is only good at short range, other is crazy good at all ranges, and is actually effective against ESFs? Getting lit up point blank by a Kobalt will still murder infantry nearly instantly. The *only reason* to take a C85 over a Kobalt was the damage it did to tanks, and now that's gone.
  18. Ozade

Twin Basalisk Battle sundy here I come, I'll likely use my re-certs from ZOE :D
  19. deggy

...So, uh...

Taking bets on when the patch will actually be. To avoid timezone issues, just say "+[hours]" where [hours] is the number of hours after the planned patch time.

+6.
  20. Grayson

This is hilarious and sad at the same time.
    Aren't these updates are tested before posting anything to forum, and giving an ETA? (By testing i do NOT mean updating a test server and getting a cake after it.) I RARELY see anything like this in other "mmo"-s, but here? Every update is like this, or it needs like 3 hotfix after its up.
    I know that it's hard to satisfy everyone with the game / updates,(including me, i really really hate how all of you guys are wasting the games potential by focusing on dam horns and lame unicorn decals [which are made by players on the PS *ehm*], and all the NONSENSE untested weapons and updates...)you guys are trying, but these "we are updating now....uhh WHOOPS Nope.avi" are not helping at all.....