Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. teks

The Vanu aliens just happen to look eactly like snowmen.

And The VS just wanted to be elves for the vanu, but the TR were grinches and tried to stop christmas. NC is just here to spread consumerism during the holiday.
  2. Ripshaft

Holy butts that is awesome.
  3. Phazaar

Lol, if you'd like to counter any of those points, try. If not, step off.
  4. Spanziu

• Up x 3
  5. Bortasz

So.... I will not be able to Farm witch harraser and prowler.... and not get Cert refound.

BUT VS player who for 6 MONTHS abuse ZOE, and farm everybody get there cert back.

Yes this is fair... So anybody know other good FPS? I hear that Co:GO is quite good.
    • Up x 2
  6. Nerkun

So, the Harasser has it's repair efficiency while on move reduced, armor reduced, and range reduced. That's called "creating a completely different vehicle". Just to be clear, I don't mind at all. My only complaint is with the "high risk-high reward" phrase used to describe the change, because it's not accurate. There is no "high reward" because it's made weak, and forced to come close. It should be "high risk-low to normal reward if lucky" because that's what it is. Will it be able to take on one seat vehicles like the Lightning? I doubt it. Will it be able to survive 6 people shooting at the same vehicle with their main weapons? I doubt it. Some weapons have a max damage range at 10 meters. Who thinks that a harasser with its reduced repair and armor could kill lots of people (high reward) and survive such a close encounter? I'm interested to see how the harasser will be used now, but there is no "high reward" in this. High reward was using gate diffuser and killing 40 people/flanking armor zerg and killing 7-10 vehicles from the mountains (I'm not discussing the tactics, but the exp gain from them). Can you really claim that such amounts of exp can still be gained? I will wait and see.
    • Up x 3
  7. FoeYongHai

Guys, listen. They meant December 18th 6AM PT (1PM CET), it's a typo.
    • Up x 1
  8. Trooper4211

And why should that minority suffer because you don't like to be killed by a tank? If you don't like tanks then go play COD. If you want to play PS2 then you will have to deal with tanks and bombers and other vehicles.

In a combined arms game, infantry and vehicles should interact more, not less, and if you don't like that, leave.
    • Up x 4
  9. Fox Reinhold

Rocket Pods? It's... sort of what they were designed for.
  10. RaTzo

In beta they started out to be anti-vehicle but the Tankers complained so they changed them to anti-personnel, but the infantry complained and they nerfed the crap out of them.

Rocketpods are jokes, the only purpose they have is to keep autorepair from kicking in while my Rotary reloads or I have to re-aim.
  11. Nerkun

While I think that the TR ARE the strongest faction and needed a nerf, I agree that people who have certed into abilities that have been changed should get their certs refunded. I certed the composite armor for the harasser. Who would seriously pay 1500 certs for 4 percent of the final resistance? Do we get a refund? No. Heck, while reading, I seriously thought that people should get most of their certs refunded. Most of these weapon changes have changed the weapons' worth and applicability completely. You have a Cyclone (NC first generation SMG, 167 dmg, 25 bullets) with advanced laser that you paid 200 certs for? Sucks to be you. 10 more bullets gained from the extended mag would have been a cheaper and smarter choice. You paid for that 1000 cert weapon because of it's smaller cone of fire? Well, you should have bought the 250 cert alternative with the longer reload time. I'm all for change, but the changes this time have really made some weapons a bad buy and needless cert dump.
    • Up x 4
  12. Xebov

Like the last time you are wrong, again. 7-8 AM PT is 4-5 PM CET. I hope the 2hours are correct because you get right into our Prime Time....
  13. Nerkun

So you think that I would pay 1500 certs for the last 4 percent increase in resistance? No, I would not my good sir.
  14. Kyouki

Servers are still up. Dafuq SOE...
  15. teks

After punching in some numbers. this patch is a nice buff to the lightnings, and I'm ecstatic. I'm not even gonna share what a learned. Its too awesome.
    • Up x 1
  16. liamsmithuk

Feel sorry for people in EU who don't have decent connections and want to start patching as soon as possible, so they can play in prime-time, believe it or not those people do exist in numbers, especially in peak internet hours, you only have to look at the netflix isp index to see most isps struggle to provide an average of 3Mbps during peak hours.
  17. Grayson

They are probably working on it.

[IMG]

(Oh...and expect a hotfix after the update...)
    • Up x 6
  18. shaql

it may be updated, but the CET one is still wrong. for the record, right now is 16:10 CET, not 2PM, as you guys seem to believe :p
  19. Nerkun

Use sarcasm all you want, but you know it's true. Yeah, I totally enjoy those 1000 exp I don't get while my base is shelled by 13 tanks from 100 meter of distance while needing to coordinate with strangers to shoo one of them away for a few seconds while the rest continues lighting up every wall possible. I don't destroy tanks for the 1000 exp, I destroy them because I have to in order to continue having fun while playing as infantry. Until the game finds a way to prevent armor zergs and spawn room camping, this change is good for people like me.
  20. Nerkun

Yes, now you have to WORK TOGETHER with your tanks to kill one infantryman. Have fun WORKING TOGETHER with strangers like I've had for this last year.