[Guide] Catalogue of Unusual Occurrences

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NikkoJT, Dec 4, 2013.

1. NikkoJT

That sounds more like a glitch to me. Interesting though!

Okay, seriously now. This...
    [IMG]
    ...this is immature and unhelpful. Please don't do it.
    • Up x 6
  2. Takoita

I'm not sure if that counts, but there are a number of heavily armored sealed shutter gates around the Crown and one on the northern approach to Ti Alloys, which could potentially be used later to refresh the place with an underground tunnel network and turn the whole place into a veritable anthill of carnage!

Of course, this is not the only place they appear. A good deal of places in the southeaster corner of Indar - the region that could really use some more alternative ground routes - feature them extensively; that one bridge base on Esamir has, I think, something like four of them in one place.

Amerish has a good number of them too, but I can't remember any memorable ones off the top of my head.
    • Up x 1
  3. Youtro

• Up x 1
  4. NikkoJT

Look at the area around it. That's the warpgate-style pattern I mentioned earlier. If you look at warpgates on the map, you can see that all the ones on Indar have a pattern on the ground beneath them.
    Since you've confirmed it exists, I'm gonna go ahead and submit it. Thanks!

Yep, those are exactly what I'm looking for. Little interesting mysterious bits.

Edit: if you people won't stop adding useless, silly, and offensive items to the database, at least bear in mind that doing so makes you a childish and wholly unlikeable person.
    • Up x 3
  5. MrMurdok

A while back, someone got me all riled up about screaming near the old Leperwood Nursery area. Sadly, me, and a largely organized manhunt, were unable to locate it.

I do, however know of some strange ambient noises around Sandstone Gulch Mining and Indar Bay-Point, like this weird whale-ish sound.
  6. NikkoJT

So I took a look at the out-of-bounds building on Esamir.
    It appears to be some kind of pump station. I've added it to the database. Imgur album link

Question for any level design devs reading this: in the southern part grid B3 of Indar, outside the playable area, there appears to be a building (as far as I can tell from the map). Can anyone confirm what this is?

Additional for people continuing to post stupid ******** in the database: why must you take any attempt to do something constructive as an invitation to be ********?

Edit: As an aside, I'd like a chance to explore the northwest quadrant of Indar. No need to put any bases on it- just open it up as neutral territory for us to play around in.
    Edit 2: forgot the imgur link. One sec.
    Edit 3: here http://imgur.com/a/rBnt7
    • Up x 2
  7. GhostAvatar

Just a bit of info for you, BL-4 stands for BioLab 4. So the sites full name is Terran BioLab-4 Crash Site, and it is the site of the fourth BioLab that crashed on impact. Also on a side note, all the major bases are actually space ships.
    • Up x 1
  8. NikkoJT

Yeah, I know. I mentioned it in the BL-4 entry in the database ;)
  9. GhostAvatar

But you didnt mention what the BL stood for. You dont know the amount of times I have heard this on outfit TS, when a new guy finally figures it out.
  10. NikkoJT

"This is the BL-4 impact site"
    "based around a biolab that failed re-enty"
    I think that's quite explicit...
  11. SinerAthin

Whoever was in charge of setting that Amp Station up is probably fired by now...
    • Up x 1
  12. MrEclectic

I wasn't in Beta, but from outfit-mates that were, that's the original location of the Northern Warpgate of Indar, which was VS back then. The circles are the pattern of the ground in warpgates.

Also on Indar, grid C3, upper tip of the Saurva Overflow Depot region, there is a rectangular pit with a skeleton and some spot-lights at the bottom. This was intended to be (or was in Tech Test, wasn't there) Indar Excavation Site.
  13. Kunavi

Ahh but that's not just an old Warp-Gate's ground pattern. That's teasing for the 4th WG on each continent... Since 4th Factioners are here to stay we might as well dump them all there, give them some generic toned down NS stuff and some Black-Market Faction Specific weapon variations prone to jamming every 2nd shot and block them from playing their main Soldiers ever again. Spawn Timer increased to 40" too and they don't gain any Alert XP.

/XMassWish
    • Up x 3
  14. Jeanzl2000

DJPenguin? Have you for any chance every played on Empire Minecraft?
  15. DJPenguin

no. that must be an imposter/fanboy/unauthorized clone
  16. Zakum

Oh,thank you.I'll love having one of this
  17. Ty294

I located an odd formation at the following location: Terran BL-4 Crash Site, Gride#: K-11

It appears to be some sort of pyramid like formation of those large crystal things that stick out of the ground everyone on Esamir. Weirdly, the ground around it is arranged in a sunken circular shape.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Pikachu

Its the Rock Spire Chapel. :D
  19. NikkoJT

Thank you! I have submitted this.
    I'm going to do some more looking around this weekend - hopefully I'll find some more stuff.
  20. 0ReferenceException

Sorry for OT but I can't resist:
    How come the only time anyone "official" posts on the forums it's in some "funny" thread with no relevant information or content (sorry, no offense intended to the OP) and all the serious discussion threads about the actual game and it's development get conveniently ignored by SOE?

Is this done on purpose (to discourage players giving pesky input) or is it simply due to incompetence when it comes to communicating with your customers?
    • Up x 1