Why did you join your faction?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drfaultedpro, Dec 9, 2013.

1. NightmareP69

I consider myself both NC and VS allthought my main character is a VS since i do belive techonlogy is the future for man kind but in general i like both of their ideals, TR seem to be the only bad guys in the lore, their constant mistreatment of the working class and treating gifted people such as scientists and doctors as prisoners just sickens me, TR is nothing but a power hungry corrupt empire who use generic bs propaganda to get people on their side if Planetside wasn't a MMOFPS but instead let's say a single player game i think it would be logical for both NC and VS to unite in the story to finally remove the oppresive evil republic.
  2. uhlan

When the following video was released apparently showing an NC developement engineer displaying the "new" composite armor, it brought back fond memories of 4th grade art class.

3. Tenebrae Aeterna

The VS Infiltrator looked the most eldritch out of the three.

I'm pretty significantly geared towards aesthetics, and I often gravitate towards what looks the most visually disturbing in my eyes. The Terran Republic were a close second, but I absolutely loathe their tank, MAX, and Anti-Infantry mines. While I was skirting between the two factions, I didn't spend much time with the TR...but found myself drifting around in a Magrider for quite a while and enjoyed the Proximity Mines a fair bit. Then, I started messing around with a MAX from time to time and enjoyed them as well... When the MAX abilities came out, that only furthered my preference towards the VS because I didn't like the Lockdown mechanic at all.

I don't enjoy the VS plasma based weapons though, I much rather have something solid that feels like you're really dishing out some punishment...but such is life.

There's really no faction currently in the game that fits my aesthetics preference completely, nor caters to my overall preferred feel...not that the three factions feel all that much different to begin with.
  4. Bonom Denej

Because I liked the look of the Vanu and the motto of the scientific domination and stuff. When I created my first Vanu character (back in january) I had no idea of the real difference of each factions. When I remade a character in september, I chose Vanu again since I was happy with it.

Five of my friends joined the game as Vanu as a result.
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

becuz hovarin mac-rydah kekeke
  6. Camycamera

went TR, because i usually join the "Government" team, the ones trying to bring order and JUSTICE!

they seem to be the most organised and efficient to me, and i like that.

and although sometimes i feel like the bad guy being red and all (i usually play as the bad guy), as according to lore the TR is oppressive and stuff, it feels gooooood.

it was actually a hard choice. TBH, all the factions i like. i like the NC's boxy artstyle, getting stuff from scrap and being all roguelike and all.

and the VS weapons are just damn right COOL. i love the lasher animations when you fire, such a cool and unique gun.

i might make some alts one day, but for now i want to get to BR100.
  7. Nerovox

I joined TR because I liked shooting NC blue guys and VS purple guys.. So for the sake of understanding balance and other factions strengths I created one of each... Funny thing is when I play NC or VS its like nothing changed still die to blues when I am on NC and still die from purples when I am on VS, and I still kill NC and VS as well.. I thought I was gonna feel bad for shooting friendlies getting all confused about playing another faction, but it just doesn't matter on the zerg factions, if it moves... Shoot it! :)

All in all I am happy with TR, at certain times the smaller population gives you room to breathe and get things done without getting blown up by heat shell spam or a wall of zerg infantry firing at anything..
  8. Niamar

No bullet drop is the honest truth, TR would have been a much better choice.
  9. Zazen

I joined NC because my favorite color is blue..I stayed NC because I am a self-massochist who derives sadistic pleasure from getting farmed while trying to eek out that fleeting euphoria from succeeding with hard to use equipment that fights me more than the enemy.
  10. Lazaruz

Because TR is the only empire that doesn't eat babies...

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. Juuppra

I'm with TR because i didn't have a choice. I was employe in mercenary company but TR almost killed us all.i survived the attack and i wanted revenge. Now i'm trying to figure out how i destroy TR from inside.
  12. Posse

Joined for a friend, stayed for the spandex lasers.
  13. Hrafnagaldr

My friends who introduced me to the game played Vanu. If I started on my own I would probably have chosen NC. Because of the high damage per shot trait.
  14. Reverend atx

Because of the all you can eat baby buffet.
    • Up x 1
  15. Maverick-Hunter

Im mostly alway the freedom loving person who wants to fight for his people, kinda logic that i went to the NC
  16. Goodkat

Purple and teal since Johari because Vanu were the most unique and different.
  17. FieldMarshall

I joined TR mostly because of lore. TR seemed like they just wanted to go home to Earth away from all the fighting.
    But it was lore from 2003, and TR seemed like the only "good" guys, with NC being terrorists and VS being the guys who wanted to experiment on dangerous tech.
    I also liked the look of Red/Black armor better than the other two. If i only cared for weapons and stuff i probably would have picked NC (in 2003)

Reading up on lore now though, it seems like the only real "evil" faction is VS.

From the Wiki. Regarding the 3 empires:
    (Warning: Contains heavy use of Red/Blue/Purple, and the first section contains bias towards TR)

Terran Republic:
    The Terran Republic is an empire with a rich history extending 1,112 years, and the originator of the other two empires. They brought order out of chaos and introduced the world to an era of peace.
    Since the armistice and the formation of the new government, and as the singular political force on Earth, they set up an open and transparent Government.
    This helped keep the peace for nearly two hundred years.

New Conglomerate:
    Since the start of hostilities, the unpredictable and ruthless tactics employed by the insurgent NC have allowed them to gain significant ground against the seemingly overwhelming TR military.
    Their methodology is to achieve victory by any means necessary and they are not afraid to use experimental weaponry, guerrilla tactics or unconventional warfare if the need arises.
    The New Conglomerate's philosophy of warfare stresses brute force

Vanu Sovereignty:
    Due to their extreme philosophy, the Vanu are viewed by many as zealots.
    Calm even in the heat of battle, and often considered by their enemies to be passionless, they are indifferent to the chaos of war,
    viewing it a necessary evil to ensure the advancement of humankind.

There is also a notable quote section for the 3 empires on what they "think" about the other two factions. I found it quite entertaining:

Terran Republic regarding the New Conglomerate:
    "We're stuck out here at the ***-end of space and these insurgents decide that now is the time to wage senseless political battles. The fact that they're willing to endanger civilians to further this power grab shows their true disregard for everyone's safety out here. They need to be eliminated, or we'll never know peace on Auraxis." ...

Terran Republic regarding the Vanu Sovereignty:
    "They might have been human once, but not anymore. Whether it's their crazy alien-god ******** or something more insidious, humanity has become little more than an obstacle to those freaks. You see your own brother hooked up to Vanu tech, you take him out - you're not family anymore. To him, you're just human rabble that needs to be 'enlightened'."

New Conglomerate regarding the Terran Republic:
    "This whole mess comes down to a bunch of military despots being unwilling to let go of the reins of power. We're not going to live under Terran Republic dictatorship any longer, and we'll fight them to the last man to show it. We won't stop until the people can control their own destinies; we'll live our lives, run our businesses, and raise our families - without the constant oversight of men with guns.”

New Conglomerate regarding the Vanu Sovereignty:
    "Seems like they've forgotten that it wasn't too long ago we were all in the same boat. Unfortunately their fanaticism has become dangerous. Frankly, their "convert or else" attitude reminds me of the goddamned TR. There's no place for the Vanu Sovereignty in a free world, because they refuse to respect my right to tell them to stick their tech where the sun don't shine."

Vanu Sovereignty regarding the New Conglomerate:
    "Freedom is their war cry, yet they shackle themselves to irrelevant concepts like 'government' and 'business' that only serve to enslave them in the end. True freedom lies in understanding the will of Vanu, for the shackles that burden humanity are only broken in enlightenment. We will show them."

Vanu Sovereignty regarding the Terran Republic:
    "We would welcome our lost brothers and sisters, if only they would listen to reason. The TR has never been adept at listening. We must now fulfill humanity's destiny here on Auraxis and bring this world back into the light of Vanu. Only then will the non-believers understand their folly - and only then that we will take the next step toward our ascension. Nothing will stand in our way.
  18. sindz

I always go for the futuristic/alien version if I can. And the faction that fitted that requriement the most, was the VS.
  19. JesNC

I played NC in PS1 because I liked the visuals and the theme of "high damage, low RoF, fairly accurate long range weapons" suited me well, and I decided to stick to NC for PS2.

You may laugh at me now.
  20. Black Humor

Good question.

At the time I rolled Waterson Vanu they were the underdog faction. Being slaughtered wholesale and outnumbered each and every day made for great battles.