What ruins the game for you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ikillyou1990, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Bonom Denej

Not much actually.
  2. Larolyn

Game engine not rendering **** that is killing me. He can shoot me, I can't shoot him. Nice. Apart from that it's all cool.
  3. DramaticExit

People using this phrase...

I could go on, yanno... If you search "ruins the game" you get ten whole pages of results.
    TEN PAGES!

But I'm not joking. People saying "X ruins the game!" and then another person coming along and disagreeing by saying "X doesn't ruin the game! Y does!" really gets my goat.

It's boring, old and tired. At the very least find another phrase to use.
    • Up x 4
  4. sicsoo

c-4 can be used almost by all classes.
    still too few resources to spawn maxes so max rush (or crush, whatever is) is the only way in the actual gameplay.
    harrassers.
    poor testing, ppl spamming granedes from the ress point inside allatum to the biolab central spawn point. this is poor testing.
  5. Jonny

SPAWN CAMPING
  6. LUCAGRABACR

7. Ianneman

December 2012: Awesome intense base battles (mostly HA and LA), unending Crown and Crossroads sieges (god i miss those days)
    December 2013: Zergs back and forth, 75% of a base battle involves actually getting there without getting picked off by either sniper infils or SMG infils.

PS2 used to be amazing. Now it's meh.
  8. DramaticExit

You really hate snipers, don't you...
  9. Mootar

Max skillsuits.

Everything that made their power balanced in PS1 (locked doors, limited ammo, lack of mobility & no insta-res bullsh*t) do not apply in PS2, they are a stat padding crutch and boil infantry combat down to who brings the most MAXs.
    • Up x 3
  10. Elsewhere

1) Having tanks being able to camp the exit of a spawn room
    2) Having tanks able to sit on a cliff 250+ meters away picking up kills without even seeing a target, just spamming with their eyes closed.

Got no problem with tanks in general, but its when the above happens, it just pisses me off.
  11. Alarox

1.) AV Turrets out of render distance.
    2.) Harassers. I can take multiple ESF at once, dozens of infantry, or even multiple MBTs. But two Harassers? It doesn't matter how good you are, your only hope is that they don't know what they're doing.
    3.) Lack of meaning to battles beyond fun (yes, sometimes fun isn't enough, bite me). Continental lattice and continent locking please. Nothing is more awesome than having a reason to fight on Amerish, even if it is just so that we don't ever have to fight on Amerish.
  12. NightmareP69

The whole Terran Republic, it's insane how easyer it is to play TR, all of their equipment is 5x better than what NC or VS have yet they are the most vocal members who can QQ so hard it removes a TR nerf before it even hits the live server. TR will be the doom of Planetside 2.
    • Up x 1
  13. HadesR

Revive system .. Most namely with Max's ..
  14. Scure

The game is too fast-paced. Theres not enough tactical elements.
  15. Sandpants

What utterly disgusts me is that 10 kills offer as much EXP and certs as capturing a major facility. I cannot for the life of me understand the logic behind it in a game where the supposed goal is to rule continents through capturing land, nvm appreciate this fact.

It irks me, knowing, every time I log in that the cumulative effort of your faction goes towards simply wiping out the enemy rather than securing the base.
  16. Pootisman

ZOE spam and population imbalance.

Crashes during alerts (you loose your reward) are also very annoying, but it got alot better with OMFG (~90% less crashes for me!).
  17. Cromell

Forum warriors that either think the whole game revolves or should revolve around their aspect of the game (be it air, ground, or infantry), or think that everything should be dull and homogenic. People that complain about the game being just a game, and people that say they "invest" into it. No, no you don't invest into anything. You spend money on virtual items that are either worth the price or not, but nonetheless, just items. People that use cheesy stuff and boast about being superior to you (i have nothing against cheesy stuff, I use it too, but I don't go out of my way to insult people while using it :p).

Essentially, people.
    • Up x 1
  18. Gustavo M

Snipers.
    Even I played as one for a few hours and found the one hit wonders quite frequent than I used to believe (I'm terrible at First Person Shooters). And it's just... saddening, to not say the last.
    Read above. Love or hate it, it's always a easy kill. No matter how "skilled" is the player.
  19. Nintyuk

People who bring Liberators and or MAX'es to small fights were they already have the resource and numbers advantage. Seriously, you couldn't let this small fight be at least somewhat interesting and/or fun you just HAD to make it in to a camp farm.
    • Up x 2
  20. Flapatax

You quoted me saying:
    CONTEXT!
    • Up x 1