If you (and friends) had to start over from scratch, which empire would you choose?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Dec 7, 2013.

1. SquattingPig

VS

I pretty much only play heavy.
    • Up x 1
  2. Epic High Five

I'd absolutely stay NC

For one, VS guns are just terrible. They feel and sound extremely weak after 95 battle ranks with the NC arsenal. The most effective VS guns are either cut-rate NC knockoffs (Pulsar C, Flare, Ursa) or basically NS weapons (CME, SVA-88). I can't speak for the Scythe but as for the Magrider, if I wanted a vehicle that is mobile and tough and deadly as all hell, I'd pull a Harasser.

Same story with the TR, but instead of crappy guns they have no variety. The CARV is INCREDIBLE out of the box and it's free, but every other LMG they have is pretty underwhelming. Same with the TAR and Jaguar. The TR have a lot of the best guns in the game, but also have a lot of the worst/most boring. The Prowler is basically an upgunned lightning and for the purpose it's most used (lockdown spawn camping) it is ALSO beaten by their own Marauder Harasser. Mosquito is pretty great though. Free Racer chassis built in and very forgiving weapons that are now exactly as deadly as all the others. I love my big dumb Reaver though, and anyway it doesn't matter because 90% of air is who has wingmen and who has AA on the ground.

I've grown to love the NC MAX now that I'm using slugs exclusively, though I wish it and the Vanguard required less of a cert dump to bring up to tier with other stock stuff. The SAW is pretty rough as a starter LMG but it's beyond rewarding to master, and anyway a no-brainer, forgiving LMG is available at 100 certs in the GR-22S.

And it goes without saying that I don't even need to bring the Vanguard into this. As a tank, it's simply the best, hands down. It's not agile or graceful or whatever but it takes a hell of a lot of punishment and the Titan AP is just...drool. On an assault on NS Secure, I sat in the middle of the road with my Enforcer gunner and a couple engies repping me, just picking people off as they fired on us. We were being fired on by 2-3 fracture MAXes and about a hundred Strikers and who knows what else, but the tank just ate it all up and with smart use of the shield and backing up into a repair sundy to keep it from driving off I sat there taking damage for a solid minute. Under no circumstance would a Prowler or Magrider not be instantly killed or forced to flee in the same position.

Also, when we win alerts (3 primetime alerts in a row now Mattherson :smug:) we have the best warpgate parties. I almost never see NC soldiers using EMP and conc grenades in combat, and now I know it's just because they're saving them for Warpgate Disco Parties
    • Up x 1
  3. Crackulous

If I had to change, then TR rather than NC.

The Prowler can farm infantry like none other if support is nearby and a good location is found; it's the grenade launcher of tanks. The NC has a durable tank and high damage capacity, able to bring down any other armor target (non-harraser) easily, but it's agility is nonexistent, and the magrider's ability to climb nearly anything has made me hate sluggish armor that is defeated by the smallest hill.

As for the ESF, it's about the same, though I'll miss my 45+ round Light PPA. Definately not into the Airhammer, I'm not a up close and personal flyer. People seem to prefer the Banshee to the PPA, though I lack the experience to make an informed opinion on these two noseguns.

The Striker is extremely situational, just like the, Phoenix, Lasher and Lancer. The Chaingun isn't worth it in my opinion, as there are better options to choose from. The Jackhammer is the only thing that attracts me to the NC, thing is godly inside buildings, which is where half the combat takes place in this game.

I'll happily trade the benefit of shorter times to reload and no projectile drop for 30% more bullets. Probably wouldn't make that much of a difference, just fewer, but longer reloads. As for NC's traits, I wouldn't be able to play to its strengths due to my horrid aim. I'm not much of an infantry player, as enjoyable as the gameplay with small arms is.

The greatest loss is my MAX ability, but fractures can be a form of compensation. Besides, I'd probably just hide in my tank the whole day. Shotguns on a max is not my thing, not going to consider NC when it comes to MAXs.

To be honest, I actually started off as TR when I first joined the game, but the idea of a floating tank and the look of the scythe made me switch, regardless of the sketchy look of the infantry and their tight-fitting apparel. I guess aesthetics are the first thing I took into consideration when I started the game.
  4. GSZenith

maybe VS so i could run around and use skillcomets more :)
  5. MaCritz

I would stick with the 4th Faction... Cause I can have everything... Including girls..
  6. Aractain

Same one I picked in 2003 when I saw the Marauder and Prowler on the Planetside 1 site.

TR
  7. iMartyr

It would still be TR but it sure as **** would not be on Connery
  8. MaxDamage

Uh. Same Empire. TR.

I started as NC in PS1, changing to TR a year later as clanmates from a previous game withdrew.

I had wanted to play TR from the start.
    They're just sexier. They're Rome, they're Republican America, they're Imperial era Britain, France, Germany, and other powerful or formerly powerful European/Russian entities/unions. They're not good, they're not bad, they are Just. And sometimes Justice requires revenge or recompense. A little atrocity now and again to keep insurgents in check maintains order, For The Greater Good.
    Building that all important safe space, the muscle, surviving, is the foundation from which luxuries like conscience and reparation can be fruitful.

NC make their armour out of cardboard, love shotguns. They're basically the Detroit faction.

VS are emo, alien worshipping zealots with a thing for batteries.
    • Up x 2
  9. WaaWaa

NC since 2003!
  10. Pikachu

You have skillfractures.
  11. Klypto

NC Hands Down
  12. Luighseach

NC.

SPACE'MERICA FOREVER
  13. pnkdth

NC, since that is pretty much what I did. I still play on my VS during OPS nights when I am available. TR is a bit too similiar to VS for my tastes, while NC affords me a very different playstyle and mindset. Going back and forth between NC and VS helps me keeping things fresh, while also giving me a perspective on the less than obvious differences between the factions. The NC MAX, in particular, was a very different beast than I thought it be. While dual scattercannons might seem like brute forcing it, it often comes down to finesse and careful movement in order to make the most of it.
  14. NightmareP69

Well i allready have 3 characters but my main is the VS, if i had to start over with a new character as my new main character I'd say NC because of the extra challenge i woudln't go TR for my main because :
    1 : They're the bad guys in the lore
    2 : Their weapons are way to easy which makes me feel extreamly dirty when i play as TR
    I mainly logg into my TR when i get bored of my VS or get to frustrated so i can have a nice litle tea brake as i mow down enemies with carbines that have extreamly low recoil and large pools of ammo, there's no challenge when playing TR, heck just look at my stats and you'll see how much better i do when i play TR, so yeah I'd go NC
  15. Devrailis

Good. :cool:

#SLUGLYFE #SLUGGERMAX

NC Parties are best parties. Saurva 2013 Vanoobs.
  16. Vladimer

TR for life ...

Although I was actually VS with the XOO in PS1... Decided the TR fit me a bit better when I hoped into beta, stayed with them since.
  17. CaptainTenneal

I just can't switch from TR, pledged eternal loyalty in PS1. But if I had to, the NC ideology sounds Tea Partiesque, would probably go there. Plus, I dont care what anyone says, the reaver is just fun to fly.
  18. Torqameda

NC Master Race. TR and VS couldn't handle the sexy I'd bring.
  19. Epic High Five

I remember that! You and I went on quite the killstreak according to the kill feeds I was watching, and the whole time we were singing the praises of the slug to the lowly pubbies who huddled around our greatness for warmth. I think we got to them too, as I saw a few people I didn't recognize as sluggers with the telltale kickass tracers.

Glad to see the NC are the most loyal and devoted faction. I guess that explains why it's the TR pop that drops as the VS one rises near the end of alerts :D
    • Up x 1
  20. IronPhalloi

OMG YOU FIGURED IT ALL OUT.

WITH YOUR SEARING WIT. YOU WON!

[IMG]