NS-7 PDW Vs Tier 2 Empire-Specific SMG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OCPowerhalo, Dec 8, 2013.

1. OCPowerhalo

So which SMG is better? The NS or the T2 ES SMG?
  2. NightmareP69

Tier 2 Empire-Specific SMG, don't torture yourself with the NS-7, the weapon made me go insane because how bad it is, the day i hit auraxium on it felt like a rock was lifted off my back
  3. Liquid23

the tier 1 TR SMG is better than both... long live the Armistice!!!!

I'm not sure about the other 2 factions tho
    • Up x 2
  4. DashRendar

Tier 1 SMGs are generally better weapons, except for the Eridani, which is a rather boring one. The NS SMG are more comparable to the Tier 1 SMGs than the Tier 2. The Tier 2 SMGs are hipfire only, you shouldn't be aiming at all with these, and as such, they have a shorter effective range.
  5. AnuErebus

They serve two different roles.

The tier two SMGs (Excluding Hailstorm, save your certs there.) are solid close quarters weapons with nice mag sizes.

The NS-7 is a sub-par close-mid range weapon which is very easy to handle and great for people who have no idea how to control recoil.

Which one sounds better is determined by how you play.
  6. Kukuguy

After having auraxiamed all three SMGs, NS7-PDW was definitely one of my favourite.
    Tier two SMG are really good for taking out multiple targets, and in general the best and easiest SMG to use.
    NS7 however requires good situational awareness. Usually it is very hard to win a straight-up 1v1 with its terrible dmg and fire rate.
    Think of the NS7 as a full auto scout rifle, you have to catch the enemy off guard in order to have success with the NS7.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

The cassette player is bad? I thought it was the best SMG. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  8. Torqameda

The NS-7, I feel, is a love-hate relationship for everyone.
  9. Rogueghost

Depends on your faction, my personal rating of all the SMGs in the game follow like this.
    1st- Armistice 1st gen TR smg
    2nd- Cyclone 1st gen NC smg
    3rd- Blitz 2nd gen NC smg
    4th- Sirius 2nd gen VS smg
    5th- Hailstorm 2nd gen TR smg
    6th- Eridani 1st gen VS smg
    7th- NS-PDW NS smg

Basically, avoid the NS smg no matter what, if your TR use the first gen SMG, if your VS use the 2nd gen smg, and if your NC both are pretty good but I prefer the 1st gen, but you can use whichever
    • Up x 1
  10. gigastar

Depending on your faction, i would tell you to not bother with an SMG at all.
  11. Sen7ryGun84

This thread over and over....

There is no "better" weapon because "better" is an opinion and a personal experience. Ok? Ok.

The NS PDW is just like comparing every other weapon category to its NS counterpart. Its DPS is lower but it's very accurate, very stable, has very low recoil, low bloom, re centres and reloads very fast. It alao has access to a huge suite of attachments.

If you can aim for the face and maintain consistent accuracy then this is a weapon you will probably love. If spraying, praying, body shots and reliance on weapons naturally high DPS is your style then stick with a generation 1 or 2 SMG.
  12. Axehilt

It's a simple matter of infantry K/D:
    • Is your infantry K/D under 1.5? Then you're still optimizing for making the first kill, and should go for the high-DPS, low-capacity SMGs.
    • Is your infantry K/D over 1.5? Then you're optimizing for staying power, and should go for low-DPS, high-capacity SMGs.
    • Is your infantry K/D over 9000? Then use whatever the **** you want, including the awful NS-7-PDW.
  13. ST4LK3R

PDW is a situational weapon and very easy to control. Some hate it and some swear by it. If you are looking for proper smg, just get what's best for your faction. If PDW suits your playstyle, get the PDW. Look for other guns if you are not buying it to use on your infiltrator.

:rolleyes: I've never heard of someone deciding which weapon to use based on their KDR.
    • Up x 1
  14. SpaceKing

NS-7 is a decent all-round gun and great at about 50m but in CQC you're better off with the 50-round ES SMG or if you're TR, the Armistice with extended mags (Hailstorm is also good).
  15. Syrathin

I've only tried the blitz so far as the empire specific smgs go and I like it much better than the NS-7. Although I don't think the NS-7 is bad or anything it's just the blitz gives more of a margin for error and I like having that crutch since I don't have stellar reflexes/fps skills.
  16. OCPowerhalo

Well I'm in the VS. I'd use the gun on most classes. I'm still wondering if it's worth it since I'm just BR 24 and buying the SMG would remove most of the certs I earned yet. I didn't invest in much certifications for classes. I'm still thinking about buying utilities.
  17. Hatesphere

I like the PDW since it can reach out a bit further then the other SMGs and do damage. Its like an underpowered assault rifle. I run it with a grip and call it a day.
  18. Axehilt

It's just what makes sense. If you're good you're going to make kills regardless of the weapon (at least when the killing power is as similar as it is with SMGs) so you optimize for staying power.

Although "good" here specifically refers to the difference in skill between you and your opponent. In unorganized play I always choose the high-capacity option, whereas in organized play against capable enemies I would be tempted to optimize for TTK again because getting the kill won't be as guaranteed.

It holds true for more than just weapon choice. With a big enough skill advantage, HP staying power (Adv Shield Regen) surpassed old Nanoweave. I think it surpasses new Nanoweave too, but new Nanoweave presumably affects small arms resistance for your shield too, so it's a little closer.
  19. Typhoeus

NS7 PDW is a mid range weapon. Armistice is close range. Hailstorm has more ammo then armistice but less dps. I generally avoid the hailstorm. Depends on your playstyle which will be your favourite.
  20. Camycamera

HAILSTORM IS BEST.