[Suggestion] Timer on Med Kit Usage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BoomBoom4You, Dec 7, 2013.

1. BoomBoom4You

This idea came to me while playing PlanetSide 1 the other night -- in that game, you could only use medkits once every 5 seconds. I think something similar should be implemented into PlanetSide 2. Why?

1) More and more Ive seen high battle rank players spam med kit use in a firefight. I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with them for doing so, as the game mechanics allow and even encourage this. However, this lends itself to abuse and misuse. I know several people in the game who use binds or programs to automate switching to a medkit and forcing a mouse-click to use it, so they essentially just spam this macro (which is attached to a hotkey) to use 3 or 4 medkits during the course of a brief firefight to get to safety, when other players would have died. (I will not name those players here, but have reported them).

2) It would make restoration kits more valuable. I don't think this change should be implemented for restoration kits, as they work over the course of several seconds anyway. Not many players use restoration kits, and putting a timer on medkits would make resto kits a viable alternative. I mean currently, why use a resto kit when you can just spam medkits and get the same effect without the delay?

I think this change makes sense for everyone, it hurts no faction disproportionately and will help temper the abuse I have seen. The delay could be just a few seconds (3-5 I think would be fair) and would make resto kits a viable alternative again.
  2. Yuukikun

Do you even use medkits? The only time you need to use one with less than 10 seconds of interval is when it glitches (50% of the time you use one) and doesn't heal anything at all. Most of the time you have to restart your client to get it back to healing. Fix the medkits then you'll never see anyone spamming them anymore.
    • Up x 1
  3. SquattingPig

4. SinerAthin

I wonder if you can overdose on medkits...
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

I don't give a **** about dying to someone because they spam medkits. I'm content in the knowledge that they aren't doing anything useful like C4ing tanks or blowing up sunderers, or stopping a MAX crash with a couple well placed C4 bricks.
  6. Epic High Five

The TTK in this game is like 1 second at the longest. If they're using a medkit it means you didn't kill them outright, which means you need to do better next time.

Or toss a grenade in their hidey hole.
  7. VirtualGuerilla

When one switches to a medkit, there is a slight delay until spamming the lmb will activate it. Not to mention, using a medkit will slow you down from a sprint to a walk.

About the macro - this is ridiculous. Anybody who uses a macro to pop a medkit is a noob and should be easily dealt with.

PS: Medkits do not need a timer.
  8. deggy

Best part about an enemy using medkits?

They're not shooting.
  9. GSZenith

spamming med kits outside bio makes you run out fast, although since almost everything is a zerg you don't need them that much but still.
  10. Furrydaus

This game is technologically advanced. if you can respawn to the warp gate in seconds why not medikits? I agree that the macro thing is bad and it needs to be reported not getting the whole community to actually suffer from a couple of noobs. If you can't kill them, don't complain abt them spamming medikits(except for the macro users) just deal with it.
  11. Crackulous

If it ain't broken, don't try fixing it. Restoration kits are meant to be in effect, applied, before you charge at the enemy for consistent healing while you're being fired at. The problem is, the healing often doesn't help since the TTK is so short. If you're injured and need healing, med kits are hands down better, being instant at all. No need to add a cooldown time.
    • Up x 1
  12. BoomBoom4You

Well, I can see I'm in the minority! Just a suggestion, will try again in the future :p