Posts that say something like "im done with this game forever"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VanuZuma, Dec 7, 2013.

1. VanuZuma

Ill start off by saying Planetside 2 is by far not the only game I play, but out of all the games I play its the only one that has the scale and unique gameplay mechanics in this genre. Everyone throws around Battlefield as if you can compare the two, and to some small degree you can. But they are vary different games, and if I have my choice im playing PS2 over battlefield. I feel like everyday when I visit this forum there is a new thread about people leaving the game, or complaining about something they dont like in the game with a threat to quit. How about instead of posting a thread about quitting you just quit and move on? I get that PS2 isnt perfect and a lot of things have been promised that havent happened yet. So you can fault SOE for their communication, but I feel like thats about all anyone can say. The game as it stands right now is solid and a ton of fun to play. It seems like the biggest complaint people have is lack of meta game and that its just one big TDM. Well please someone tell me what FPS you guys are playing that has a large meta game aspect. Battlefield sure doesnt, and if I were to compare the 2 BF has even less reason to cap a point because the rate things turn around in that game your backtracking to the point you just took every 2 minutes or so. At least in PS2 you can have a battle lasting an hour to capture a base, so when you do cap it you feel like you worked for something. I just dont get why everyone is so critical of a solid gameplay experience. Again what else is out there like PS2??? I feel like most people that threaten to quit feel like that is some how gonna make all the features they want to see magically appear overnight, because they REALLY ENJOY THE GAME. It was said the timeline for this game was supposed to be around 8 years, we have only just hit year 1. Yes there have been set backs and things that havent happened properly, but at the end of the day you dont have to spend a dime to play. So really is PS2 so bad or do people just want it to be more because they see all the potential it has? And furthermore maybe if the community tried to be more positive the devs would have more passion and motivation to implement new features. My two cents take it or leave it, but seriously if its so bad go play your battlefields.
    • Up x 2
  2. uhlan

Please for the sake of everyones sanity, USE BREAKS!
    • Up x 19
  3. Necron

Wall of text crits you for 10000. You suffer permanent brain damage.

Learn 2 Paragraph.
    • Up x 10
  4. VanuZuma

Really, thats all you guys can say is that its not spaced? How hard can it be to read when your sitting right in front of your computer monitor?
  5. ViXeN

Summary of what the OP said.... PS2 is better than any FPS game currently out there.

I happen to agree.
    • Up x 9
  6. Chipay

• Up x 15
  7. Chipay

Also the fact that you seem to not know the existence of the '
  8. Liquid23

I'm done with this thread, and using the enter key, FOREVER!!!!
    • Up x 9
  9. Hoki

Its all I have to say because I didn't read it and will not read it.

Paragraphs, indentations, line spacing, bulleted lists.. these tools exist for a reason.
    • Up x 7
  10. ChipMHazard

Complaining about complainers is hardly constructive.

Some notes that I want to address.

• "How about instead of posting a thread about quitting you just quit and move on? "
    For the most part I agree with you, but there are instances where an I quit thread is warranted. For example Buzzcut's thread where he pointed out the reasons as to why. If an I quit thread is constructive enough then I don't see a problem with it.

• "Well please someone tell me what FPS you guys are playing that has a large meta game aspect."
    Show me another MMOFPS that is designed around the same ideas as PS2. Stating that Battlefield isn't is completely irrelevant since it's match based.
    PS2 needs to have more of a purpose to it, beyond people playing it because it's fun.

• "At least in PS2 you can have a battle lasting an hour to capture a base, so when you do cap it you feel like you worked for something."
    What exactly have you worked for? What exactly have to accomplished? Any accomplishment is purely player generated, which certainly isn't a bad thing since it's good for players/outfits to show pride in what they do. However there needs to be more of a reason to actually play the game and have players become invested for years to come. If not then PS2 probably won't last as long as PS1.

• "Again what else is out there like PS2???"
    There isn't really. Which also seems to be its saving grace. It's a fun game and impressive from a technical point of view. That however won't be enough to sustain my interest in it for another year.

• "I feel like most people that threaten to quit feel like that is some how gonna make all the features they want to see magically appear overnight, because they REALLY ENJOY THE GAME. It was said the timeline for this game was supposed to be around 8 years, we have only just hit year 1."
    Sorry but that really is a terrible argument for wanting players to stay. Bioware most certainly had some grand updates planned for SWTOR years down the road, but they failed to deliver in time.
    From a non MMO perspective it's still a terrible argument since it's the same argument some people made for Rome 2. "Don't be too critical they are going to patch it and make it great months down the line! Just wait!" I'm sorry, but when I purchase something I expect certain quality. While this obviously can't be compared directly to PS2 you probably won't make players stay or even coming back by telling them to just wait 6 months. While I have told people this myself I do also know that the chances of them actually coming back after such a long time are slim, a lot of things can happen in the mean time and people will find other video games to entertain themselves with.

• "Yes there have been set backs and things that havent happened properly, but at the end of the day you dont have to spend a dime to play."
    True, but SOE wants us to. So they better make sure that players actively want to.

• "So really is PS2 so bad or do people just want it to be more because they see all the potential it has?"
    From personal experience it's mostly because people feel like SOE missed out on something great and instead gave us a Battlefield experience on a grand scale. PS2 has a lot of potential, but don't expect players to care until PS2 actually starts living up said potential.

• "And furthermore maybe if the community tried to be more positive the devs would have more passion and motivation to implement new features."
    I have never cared about being positive towards people doing what they are paid to do. This might sound harsh, but I always try to stay constructive and as courteous as possible. I will not praise people for doing their job, but I will criticise them if they don't. Simply because I don't personally see much value in offering constructive feedback that simply states all the good things that don't need to be change. I prefer to give constructive feedback about the things that I want changed, with the understanding that if I don't have anything negative to say about something then I probably don't have a problem with it and generally regard it in a positive way.
    Of course I will offer my opinion on something specific if asked, be it positive or negative.

• "My two cents take it or leave it, but seriously if its so bad go play your battlefields."
    I'm sorry, but you don't get to tell people to just leave if they don't like it.
    • Up x 9
  11. Cab00se187

Refer to the Roadmap for shattered dreams
    • Up x 3
  12. Tuco

I haven't played for 7 months. Game has not changed.
  13. Liquid23

I agree... someone needs to make a thread to complain about this guy complaining about complainers... maybe add detailed, opinionated and rude points explaining to him about how to properly construct a post!
  14. CL4p2p

Well OP, that's why I don't make any rage/complain thread (except one and that was for a rage AND a Poll )... Because FIRST: SoE and Dev don't give a single hell of their own forum (even if the cuty Luperza tend to say otherwise) ; and SECOND: Because I don't really wanna leave it, I like this game, at least enought to still play it, and instead of leaving it I do something else: I just boycott it. I don't buy any single thing. They want my money ? I want they listen to me. Since they don't listen their own comunity, I will not help them not a single bit.
    And if in the end this game crash because of lack of money etc... That will nothing but their own fault.

And I honestly think that if more and more people do the same ( mostly when you know that, most of the buyablle thing are just cosmetic) they will maybe , I said MAYBE , think " what the F up ??" and will do somthing.

But I know that not enough will never do it, because you will always have this little niche of people that need more than anything their little neon and horn, and also that niche of people that will love what SoE do and will deffend them no matter how hard SoE ____ them.
  15. SpaceKing

too wall, did not read
    • Up x 1
  16. EvilPhd

The game grows pretty stale pretty fast for a lot of us expecting PS2 to have worth in being a persistent large scale world.
    Besides rushing from enclosed space to enclosed space, there really is not a meta game.
    It gets repetitively boring. There's no mini-games, no meta-game, no real resource except an timer.
    Wouldn't it be great to pull resources from a territory that you have on another continent to help out another struggling continent?
    You own Amerish, but getting your butt kicked on Indar. If we can pull unused resources from Amerish to Indar, it could help us. There's no way to currently do this. -- that's just an example.

Many came here originally for something uniquely different and objective, when so far that hasn't happened. People move on, they loose patience and get burnt out. That is what those "I'm gone" posts are. People who really gave the game a good go, had a lot of hope and anticipation, but ultimately they feel drained, frustrated, and disappointed. If they didn't give a crap, they wouldn't post. Perhaps you enjoy what it is right now, but for those - they wanted something different. They want the devs to know why. Perhaps strike up a conversation of where the game needs to go to keep their interest and business.

It's not about SOE's communication - it's their implementation.
    OMFG was a start, but didn't do crap for me it seems or didn't nearly go far enough. I DLed the game after months of inactivity to see these "Amazing improvements"....they didn't seem remarkable for me. Swinging a gun around in this game is like walking through pea soup the FPS and responsiveness is so crappy. I promptly reclaimed 8GB of HDD space back.
    • Up x 2
  17. ironeddie

If you want to contribute to this forum I don't think its unfair to ask that you make your post easy to read. So don't get all uperty when people trying to read your writing complain that it's not easy to read. Learn from your mistake.

I've read most of what you wrote & broadly agree. I enjoy this game, there is so much to do & different ways to play that I never get bored. I pretty much only play ps2. I try other games & I get bored & switch back to this.

I know the games got a long run ahead of it. What I think does annoy me is that year one felt like a false start. If you look at all the things they intended to give us in the first year vs what we actually got. It's understandable that some feel they've been short changed. I'm not so bothered because I feel at least now thanks to omfg we are on the right track. I'm hopeful for the coming year & what it may bring to ps2. There is no direct rival on the cards to this game & I'll be playing for so long as I find it fun.
    • Up x 2
  18. shd

I for one join op in his crusade against paragraphs. They have terrorized us for too long, the time to strike back has finally come!

Walls of text are coming back, whether you want it or not, they are coming back big time.
    • Up x 1
  19. VoivodPure

Planetside is free, yet the creators still bother to update it and listen to us *****. Most products do not change according to your wishes after purchase. Said purchase generally costs something too.
  20. flipper369

Your wall of text is..................................AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let them all quit. Bunch of babies. Somebody whooped up on 'em and gave them a boo boo. Be gone with thee. Later
    • Up x 1