Shock and awe if NC won something..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Odin, Dec 6, 2013.

1. MajiinBuu

I play on Mattherson, VS aren't OP. We aren't always fighting only NC like the previous crybaby blatantly stated, there are fights on all three sides always.
  2. Posse

Well, from a population perspective they are, they win every single alert :p
  3. MajiinBuu

It's all the 4th Factions fault! They see we have the most territory in an alert and they switch over :mad:
    TR had higher population today(even though we had dominating victory this morning :p)
  4. Taemien

From the way I read it... they weren't using it as an excuse or argument, but rather a concern. Seeing it from their point of view I could understand it.

Throw the NC a bone and we're happy, and the others get slightly grumpy. Give us 1/3 of the steak and the others get absolutely ravenous. Even though the bone doesn't put us up to par with the TR/VS, just closer to it... we're still happier than before. But the steak.. the one that makes us equal in all levels... is unacceptable to 2/3's of the playerbase.

Again I'm referring to adjustments, not actual buffs. I doubt we'll see buffs. But I'm sure we'll see adjustments or attempts at such.
  5. DevDevBooday

Another thing to take into account is that most noobs start on NC. Which would contribute to lowering the KPH of NC weapons and vehicles. I started NC and was horrible with a K/D of 0.83 and died in my Reaver and Vanguard constantly because I had no idea what was going on, then switched to TR when i got the hang of it and have a KD of 2.75. Im sure alot of us agree that when we play NC they dont seem unbalanced (with a few exceptions) compared to TR or VS.
  6. disgruntled newbie

I can't help noticing lately on my server that whenever the NC is getting our butts kicked in the most ridiculous possible way, it's because of big-name, well organized groups that are just steamrolling us. When I start seeing rolling zergs of BR 90+ players on the other sides wiping out everything in their path with vehicle spam and aimbot-like precision, the game stops being fun. And when it stops being fun, there's no point in playing. NC just doesn't seem to have the same kind of die hard groups whose life's work is their Planetside stats. Basically the other factions just seem to CARE more. They practice more, coordinate more, all that jazz. I'm here to play a game and they're here to have a super-serious experience wherein they dominate everything. These two views are not compatible.
  7. TheKhopesh

Yep.
    When I get on my TR I just laugh like a hyena.

Pocket SMG pistol, 1/3rd extra ammo, AMAZING stability over sustained fire.

Then when I get on my VS, it's even less challenging.
    ZOE, Orion/SV-88, H-V45.

Pretty much becomes story-mode Halo (On easy), but you're playing Covie vs the USNC.

TR = CQC to short range (Or pull a vehicle).

VS = Max/heavy insta-win.

NC = hardmode. 2/3rds the accuracy after the first 3 shots, 10% less fire rate, +17% damage (Base 143 to base 167, rounded up from 16.78%).

The problem SOE is facing is that they made it so much more challenging for the NC, that now that we've been playing this way we dominate on our TR and VS alts.

You play a game on hard mode, then switch to easy mode, it's not challenging.
    Stay on easy mode for a few months, then go to hard mode, you'll get your butt handed to you.

So what happens when Mommy SOE stops picking favorites and makes the other kiddies play fair?
    :D

Funny really, the VS were in the same spot not 6 months ago.
    • Up x 3
  8. NovaAustralis

9. KnightCole

Gobs of really bad Infils standing on hill tops catching Parallax and RAMS50's with their heads. HAs who mindlessly fire thier rockets at everything and TK everyone else. LAs who like to fly around but accomplish not much. Ive seen some NC do ok, but mostly....lol.

Oh, and no Medics. if Mattherson would roll more medics who would actually Rez they would do better.
  10. KnightCole

Yeah, it works.....only problem is the ZoE is on your *** before the nade throw animation ends...plus Conc nades are kinda fickle...they like to occasionally frag the thrower for no apparent reason.
  11. Vandali

Outside of outfits, it seems that most NC haven't a clue or just don't give a crap, where as if you try other factions, you see more attempts at organization amongst the randoms than on the NC.
    • Up x 1
  12. Greddy

If I was NC, I would go for TR too.
    VS have ZOE Maxes as standard infantry now today's.
  13. Phazaar

I'm pretty sure Aegie has it covered in here, so I'm just going to weigh in and say 'He's right'.

The only thing stopping them balancing things is Higby's ridiculous MLG fetish. 'Top Players' vs 'Top Players' just shouldn't be relevant in a game of 600v600v600. If all but the top players of one of those 600s are handicapped well below the level of the other 600s, those 'top players' should be outperforming the other 600s top players to a significant enough extent that the averages balance out, otherwise there's simply no point in them staying with the weaker 590 (or however many) players.

Instead of rational thought like this, what we have is a concern about what happens when we put people into a 24v24 arena and they're all 'top players'. This is exactly what everyone against the MLG was saying from the start. It's not that they're going to rule discussions with 'We don't like X so remove it', it's just that it introduces a completely unhelpful extraneous group that require their own separate balancing.
    • Up x 3
  14. Goretzu

This is basically Blizzards reasoning for saying they wish they'd never put the Arena in WoW.

The strange thing with the NC though is they are kinda being nerfed for it even before it even exists/
    • Up x 3
  15. Odin

Funny how balancing is suppose to make the top nc be too good yet in another post today the very top nc are still behind in me ratio.
    Someone took the top 1000 players and vs and tr me ratios are identical and nc was 12% behind.
    So it's all bullcrap. Not balance high end or low end.
    • Up x 7
  16. GamingForFun

nc situations remembers me of this song called freedom from Anthony Hamilton and Elayna Boynton.

just change a few words in the song. maybe freedom for equality, but even freedom is also correct;)
    anyway, im proud of playing for nc and even if it was hard at times , i m kinda glad developing into a better player from day to day.
    i hope we dont get overpowered in the future, because it feels much better if my faction wins alerts against op stuff like zoe or all those extra bonus on tr side for harassers and aa control.
    shoutout to my server ceres! we are a kinda balnced server and i hope its remains after nerfs and buffs.
    songtext (short):

Oh not giving up that's always been hard, so hard
    but if I do the things the easy way I won't get far.

Mhm, life hasn't been very kind to me lately, (well)
    but I suppose it's a push from moving on (oh yeah)
    in time the sun's gonna shine on me nicely (on me yeah )
    somethin' tells me good things are coming
    and I ain't gonna not believe

I'm looking for freedom, looking for freedom
    and to find it, cost me everything I have
    Well I'm looking for freedom, I'm looking for freedom
    And to find it, may take everything I have
    • Up x 2
  17. supernauttt

Never said have of what u have claimed I did lol that's ur problem...didn't say matherson represented all servers, never said the top players of one faction r better than another....except if nc was to be buffed....u really don't get it do u? Lol u r not reading posts close enough or ur notunderstanding them..also saying.to not debate it.isn't cuz I'm cocky it's because it's fact lol common knowlege for anyone in planetside with half a brain.....

Ur not understanding people's posts...
  18. supernauttt

Ur really misreading everything lol reread posts and show me where I said what u are claiming......lol ...also vs is the most versatile and easiest to do well with faction...there is no debating it...that is the problem even tons of vs agree with this...stop debating common thruths about planetisde 2.....either that or nc is harder to use and less versatile either way u want to look at it, it's the same thing...
  19. supernauttt

Lol good try bud last night was the first time in months nc have been in other people's hexs in weeks if.not.months....matherson is horribly unstable and everyone knows it...for u to stand here n deny.it is ubsurd....unless u never play during primetime....the only reason we did well lastnight was the vs actually had to fight the tr on their border for once, same with the tr....when everyone is fighting a 3 way balence is much better....unfortunetly between the nc tag team farming and the fourth factioning it's not like lastnight very often...and the vs r by far the easiest.to use and do well with faction everyone knows this....not op, but certainly easier to do well with....nc needs adjustment or we will continue to be the bottom of every list of stats, and be the punching bag for both factions.....and if u disagree to bad cuz it's already being adjusted....and nc is gonna steamroll once we actually fight on fair ground...just like lastnight when things were fair.for.once
  20. CWorth

Then explain why everytime I have been on for the last 4 days the NC front is covered in 48 vs 48 fights along both TR and VS fronts yet you and the TR have nothing more than one or two 1-12 person fights along your borders..
    • Up x 1