"Tell us what you think of PlanetSide 2" survey

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nate, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Nate

Received an email from The PlanetSide 2 Team asking me to fill out a survey. Which I happily did.

All the questions were collecting feedstock on the performance update. The last question was a Y/N on if anything has suffered due to that patch. I answered yes but there was nowhere to provide further info.

Yes, I'm getting more crashes than from before that update. One crash about every 2 hours. Seems pretty random when it happens. Just a dump to desktop with no errors displayed.
  2. Poorform

Not a computer genius. But that sounds like a Ram issue.
  3. Goden

The recent OMFG update has given many people, including myself, problems with frequent crashes. Nothing to do with his computer.
  4. Badname707

Well, not everyone is crashing (myself included), so it must be a computer issue. It may affect many computers, but obviously not all of them.
  5. TheSandwichMakr

I don't get crashes either, are you running in fullscreen mode and using alt-tab? Only thing wrong with OMFG for me was the temporary Physx disable :(
  6. bodmans

I also get crashes, very annoying. I never crash upon alt-tab though
  7. Nate

Yes, fullscreen and occasionally an alt-tab or two during a session. These don't seem related to the crashes.

Have 6 gb of ram. Doubt its a memory leak but I'll check. I don't always crash at 2 hours. Could be 1:30 or more than 2 hours. Didn't crash before the OMFG update.
  8. grazr

I'm getting crashes as well. Before it might have been because i'd have been playing for 4-5 hours and had my PC on for 2 days straight. Now I could have been playing for a short while at night with low populations and crash in the middle of nowhere; whilst i could be fighting a 100+ player battle and not crash at all. Doesn't really seem to be memory related.