Has anyone noticed that the Flash's wheels are invisible?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpaceKing, Dec 4, 2013.

1. SpaceKing

Noticed this a while ago. Makes tire spikes look silly, ha
    • Up x 1
  2. MFP_TK_01

The other day my friends wheels retracted on his harasser and he became a hovercraft.
    • Up x 2
  3. Pikachu

In first person mode you should mention. Yes my grip tired spikes things looks silly.
  4. SinerAthin

It's probably because of us, since we're working on hoverbikes to replace our mundane Flashes.
    • Up x 2
  5. SpaceKing

That'd be cool, ES ATVs or ATV-like vehicles, somewhere between a Flash, a MAX and a Harasser.
    Warning: extreme braindump of fan-ideas ahead;

VS gets the 'Switchblade' - Trades ability to yaw it's gun for the ability to move like a Magrider, letting the pilot wedge themselves into funny places easier than the other two.
    NC gets the 'Defender' - The slowest and most heavily armored (though being an ATV that'd only go so far) of the three, it has a windscreen/shield that protects the driver from front and side damage (the vehicle instead taking it), allowing them to take a hit or two while they dish it out.
    TR gets the 'Wasp' - The fastest and quickest to accelerate of the three, it'd be slightly faster than a Flash but not able take rough terrain as well as the other ATV-things, nor maneuver well at it's top speed.

Each vehicle would be armed with it's own weapon similar to that faction's MAX arms - a Comet-like weapon for the VS, a Falcon-like launcher for NC, and a Pounder-like weapon for the TR ('nade launchers are good at speed!).

All of them (except the TR's) would be noticeably slower than the Flash, have heavier armor (a rocket sets them on fire rather than instantly exploding them),
    They'd be more expensive to pull, and you'd only be able to pull them at Tank terminals if you own a Tech Plant, so the Flash'd be something like the Lightning is to a MBT (MBATV - Main Battle ATV?).

The Flash would still have it's usual role as a quick transport/light attack vehicle, being faster than the NC and VS ATVs and more maneuverable than the TR's MBATV (that's what we're calling the hypothetical things now, OK?). None of them would be able to use the Flash's Wraith ability or it's carry-a-friend-with-you ability and they'd have Proximity radar instead of Scout radar.

I know they won't do anything like it though :/
    It'd conflict with their goal of simplifying all the vehicles and they're already having enough trouble with the Harasser.

Also, I think I just derailed my own thread.
    • Up x 2
  6. Sen7rygun

I'd trade in my flash for a good 600cc 2 stroke trail bike any day of the week.

Apparently in the future making a bike that can climb a 45° incline is a **** load harder than making a solo operated gun ship VTOL with an unlimited fuel supply... ******* nanites.
    • Up x 2
  7. Crackulous

No, because flashes are nonexistent nowadays.
  8. disgruntled newbie

Has anyone noticed that the Prowler tank's wheels, and the Magrider's top gun, have no hit boxes when you try to use Phoenix launcher on them?

:(
  9. Scorp1579

I like the idea however I can see a lot of people wanting it removed. I would be happy but I know a lot of people would just want to nerf it all as soon as it is released.
  10. Ttariel

Yep, also you never hold the flash in the first place.

You are pretty much driving without hands