Playing NC this week

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scienta, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Scienta

I primarily play VS, as my heart has been there since PS1, but I also like an underdog. Not only that, I am curious to all the complaints about the Faction's weapons. So this whole week I will be logging into my NC character only to try the various weapons and such.

The name of the character I am using is ScientaNC and I am playing on Mattherson. I invite anyone else from the other two factions as well to come play with me. If I get enough players going we will make a squad and play together.

My experience already has been good. I am currently using an Engineer with the AC-X11 which is an oddity of a gun with its 20 round clip, but fits me perfectly as I like a good mid ranged, high power weapon. What they say about the recoil is true, but it is not uncontrollable. There is a definite learning curve from VS weapons to NC, and the VS definitely have the easier weapons to use, save for the Lasher. You have to be very steady when firing the weapons, and they greatly reward you for being used correctly.
    • Up x 5
  2. Goden

I really liked the AC-x11 when I played NC. Wish I could take it with me back to VS
    • Up x 1
  3. teks

was thinking about doing the same. Good luck!
    • Up x 1
  4. Consumer

Enjoy! I'm surprised so many seem to take a liking to the AC-X11. I didn't find it palatable in my short time testing it, rather, the default carbine is still a favorite even in medium range and onwards.

It's definitely worth the time to play other factions even a little, even if not for knowledge, but getting to know your enemy a bit better!
    • Up x 1
  5. Crackulous

Good idea, experiencing a change of pace in your gaming. Being loyal takes its toll when the game becomes stale.
  6. Scienta

If you are going to be on the Mattherson server we could play together.
  7. teks

Aww, I would but I'm all jaegerson.:D
  8. Cougarbrit

Is NC the new holiday faction? Been hearing about a lot of new NC alts recently. Myself included.
  9. Epic High Five

Livin free is nice

You should give the Reaper a shot if you've got the chance to unlock it. It's basically a SAW but with better recoil, good velocity, and a LIGHTNING fast reload. Doesn't have the carbine drop-off or low bullet velocity of the X11 (though the X11 also owns)

If you want to give our vehicles a whirl hit me up in game and I'll pull one for you. I've got a beautifully souped up Vanguard and a decently certed Reaver
    • Up x 5
  10. Bape

I will trade you the AC-x11 for the SVA-88.
    • Up x 1
  11. Epic High Five

If you like the SVA-88 just get an NS-15
  12. DJPenguin

no fool, the serpent. ask for the serpent!
    • Up x 4
  13. Bape

Have not tried the serpent but im hearing it a lot guess that gun will be my next purchase.
  14. DeadliestSun

You want to trade a carbine for an LMG?
  15. Scienta

Will do, always thought the Vanguard was the better tank. power and armor is what you want in a tank.
  16. GSZenith

what is up with the 30% accu but <1 kdr lol o_O yeah kdr don't matter but never seen high accu with low kdr :p
  17. Scienta

Maybe its because the weapon I am using take less bullets to down people, so less misses than normal. My accuracy is never good because sometimes I discharge my weapon for hearing the gun's sound, and testing recoil. Also its a new character so if I play slightly well it will look like I am a god.
  18. teks

The NC has a gun that is essentially the same as the serpent.

God forbid, high damage guns just plain sound cool. I wanna try them out.
  19. Scienta

My favorite thing so far is the character select screen music for the NC. Its a remix of a PS1 track. Such good feelings when I hear those tunes.
    • Up x 2
  20. DJPenguin

And you'll soon turn music off when you begin to hear the death jingles.
    • Up x 1