To whom it may concern...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Scan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Scan

I've been active on this here forum for quite awhile and figured I'd leave a message before I left, perhaps, permanentely. I canceled my subscribtion that almost ran for a full year.

I was hoping the OMFG business would be enough to keep me interested, and make their lack of balance/content patches for almost a quarter of a year, worth the sacrifice. Sadly, it wasn't. The performance update wasn't enough to keep me motivated to keep playing this.

Higher FPS maybe. But the game is still the same. Infiltrators are still screwed. SoE is still promising change, but is not delivering.

The new "sniperrifle" designs feel like something they pulled out of a drawer of old developer ideas, from a period they still wanted to implement new stuff.

The promises of change to make sniping viable are by now 3 weeks old, and we're getting nothing but radio silence.

The way SoE is playing us, is starting to make me feel sick to my stomach.

I'd like to thank all people who took an effort to reply to my posts, or add constructive content in order to work towards improving this class.

I wish you all much luck, fun and good games in the future, and hope that eventually, this class will become something that is on par with the other classes and worth the effort of playing.

Scan out.
    • Up x 1
  2. Seuchensaal

I still don´t get the meaning of those "I am now away..."-posts.
  3. Mustarde

Sorry that the patch wasn't enough to keep you around. I hope you'll give things another look when they eventually release the infil update. I think the next big patch to come down the pike will be the "balance" patch, and then we'll no longer get nanoweaved.

I still have a lot of fun playing the game and have hope for the next few months of new content. Between Hossin, new Amerish and Nexus, as well as the infil update and nanoweave nerf, there is a lot of stuff that SOE is on the verge of finishing and putting out there.

Perhaps I just have a lot of patience with the game, but I realize that when SOE puts something out there in a public setting, they are testing the waters to see the community response. It's all just talk until they update the PTS with actual changes and content - and once that happens, you know that release to live will be close. I don't get anxious about changes until they patch the PTS.

Take care friend
    • Up x 1
  4. Thrix

Well in essence of being able to 'truely vote' leaving the game is probably the most detrimental thing you can do to get SOE's attention. It only really works enmasse though.
    So it's 40% that, 60% angry and feeling like people should throw a fit before they go.

It's commendable however in low numbers so unfortunately futile.
    Do not mock these people, honor them.
  5. GrayPhilosophy

A shame to see anyone leaving. Good luck in the future stranger o/
    • Up x 1
  6. Scan

Thank you for your kind words Mustarde.

You seem to a be far more level headed and objective guy than I am. You adress issues in a manner that are constructive and based on fact, without having your points influenced too much by how you feel on the subject. And you do it with determination and passion. Furthermore you got the skill to back up what you say.

It's a trait to be admired.

This community needs people like you to act as a guide and example, and I hope you'll not lose your motivation to remain here for a long time.

(I'm usually not one for *** kissing, so just take the compliment)

----
    I've done my best to help improve the class itself, as well as handing out advice, regarding the Infiltrator class in Planetside 2. Wrote alot of posts, made a few vids, overall fought for pulling the Infiltrator out of the **** hole it was in when this game got released.

I'm hoping my efforts atleast had a positive effect on the future of this class, and the way the development team handles it.

Who knows.... I might be back in the future once they fix this game. But truthfully..... when it regards Infiltrators.... I fear they don't have the people onboard that have the love and understanding for this class to ever turn it into something that I, and alot of other players want, and got no idea how to make this class fit into the rest of the game, without making it unbalanced.

The knowledge that they do seem to have... seems to come straight off this forum.

Time will tell.

I hope they make Planetside 2 into the game it deserves to be, but I won't stay here sitting on my hands and wait for it anymore.
    • Up x 1
  7. Metal Insomniac

I'm in the same boat as you. I have no intention of actively playing until they actually balance the damn game properly or release new, interesting content. Sad as it is, Battlefield 4 is buggy as all hell, crashes up to the wazoo, yet is still a lot more fun than PS2 is at this point.

Here's to hoping SOE will get a wake up call...

In the next year or so.
  8. Alarox

It's as simple as this:

Step 1: Am I having fun? If no see step 2.
    Step 2: Can I fix that? If no see step 3.
    Step 3: Quit.

If you want to make posts about balance or aspects of the game, then do that. There's no constructive reason for this thread than to sate your emotions.
  9. Topher

I'll miss ya', Scan, hopefully something will happen with which your interests it takes into account and it gives you the motivation to come back.
  10. Topher

Maybe I should stop worrying beforehand.
  11. Tenebrae Aeterna

To the both of you...

To state that you are leaving the game, and actually doing so, is the only real indication that the development team has that things need to change despite their wishes. For example, if the sniper rifle update that restricts our range results in people leaving...they realize that they have to address this or simply take the loss when they already have a drop in population. While this game might be ready to launch on the PS4, that doesn't mean they want to watch the game on computer fall into ruin because the population is extremely low.

People expressing WHY they are leaving will give them a general consensus of why these people are leaving...and what they have to change to keep them.
    • Up x 1
  12. Alarox

I specifically put this in my post in preparation for this response.

What is more constructive? "I'm quitting because I don't like X" or "X is a bad design decision and many of us agree because Y".

It should be painfully obvious, but emotions get in the way of this realization.

"I'm quitting" threads aren't usually even allowed on forums while extremely critical threads on the developers are. Why? Because one doesn't have a chance at accomplishing anything while the other does.
  13. Tenebrae Aeterna

From the original post, I gathered that he dislikes the new rifles and the way which things have been increasingly pushed back without much discussion towards the class. His statement also implies previously posted gripes that one could likely find by simply looking through his post history. Even casting that aside, the reasoning behind his departure is pretty clear...isn't it?
  14. Alarox

I don't understand the point of your question. Why does it matter why he's leaving? "I'm leaving because X" is still not constructive and pointless except for emotional reasons. Still no point to the thread, and if the OP really wanted to do something constructive he would just make another thread and get support from other members to get his position across.
  15. Tenebrae Aeterna

Eh?

If enough people leave for the same reasons...that essentially IS making a point. People have been leaving for similar reasons for months...where have you been?
    • Up x 1
  16. redsevenski

Sorry to hear you're off but good luck for the future Scan and I hope to see you back some time (although I'm playing less myself at the moment). I'll pm you.
  17. Scan

Wether my leaving does or doesn't matter, depends on who is reading the message.

Therefore it's titled: "To whom it may concern"

Despite I've not been active on this part of the forum for the last 3 weeks or so, I've been actively partaking in discussions, offering suggestions, posting videos, and adressing issues that affect the Infiltrator class in hopes of getting some improvement in playing this game as Infiltrator.

I have done so since this game went live now over a year ago. Along the way I've met alot of people who I came to respect, and people have gotten to know me and what I stand for.

I'd like to think that this forum is more than just a place to gather information. It's a social community of likeminded people who like to share their experiences and thoughts about something they all like to spend their time playing. (the infiltrator in Planetside 2)

Since I am now leaving this community for a unknown period, or most likely will never return, I felt it was the right thing to do because:

A. Some people are interested in knowing this kind of stuff. Telling people you are leaving I consider to be well mannered.
    B. To me personally this helps closing the book on a period where Planetside 2 was my main way of spending my free time.
    C. Indeed to send a message to SoE that their current policy is causing them to lose loyal and paying customers.

This might have been partially about "emotional reasons", since when I commit to something, I throw my heart and soul into it. Planetside 2 wasn't any diffrent. But there's a very long period of constructive posts leading up to this point, that you seem to have been missing out on. (or you would have understood my reasons for posting)
  18. CuteBeaver

Nooo Scan! :eek:

Not you too! Take it easy, and some of us do appreciate the goodbye! I learned allot from your posts and appreciate your efforts towards constructive feedback and helping make the community here better. You helped make me into a better player. Your not alone many great infiltrators have quit recently, or just disappeared. Anyone worth a lick in this community would recognize your name if they bothered to read important development, and news topics.

Take some time for yourself its well earned.

I think most of the people visiting this thread, even if they didn't get to know you, understand the intent for this thread. Its a shame someone decided to be so rude as to taint your goodbye post. However it won't stop me from expressing what most readers here would echo. Thank you for helping this community, answering questions and providing logical feedback to issues that in many cases were complicated and blurred by emotional responses from both sides. It was always refreshing to see your posts.

~Cheers

CuteBeaver
    • Up x 3
  19. MrMurdok

A six gun salute for you, friend. You will be missed.