Tired of freaking cheeseball smg infiltrators.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by holycaveman, Nov 22, 2013.

1. DeadSide

This is silly. I play Infiltrator both with SMG and Sniper. While I can be disruptive on my smg, I am very, very, very, killable. When sniping from long range.....good luck killing me unless you are also a sniper. Even then a good sniper is nearly impossible to kill from range for most except other snipers.
    I think this is a case of you needing some more time in game. Listen for the cloak sound. Once you hear that....most infils are easy to locate and kill. After having played one often enough, I can now own them when I am not on mine. I can tell when the sound is friend or from foe when I hear the cloak sound. Can you O.P.? This may help you a bit if you play one more.
    Or....just play a heavy. Problem solved. A smg toting gnat will barely slow you down.
  2. daniel696

The poor Infiltrators have only smg to fight in CQC, leave them alone.
    • Up x 2
  3. FieldMarshall

Dont nerf SMGs. I like using the noobtube on my SMG.
  4. HadesR

The only issue is cloak not showing on low settings ..

They could remove SMG's tomorrow and the day after it would be " OMG Invis people killing me with the Auto SR's "
    • Up x 1
  5. Tekuila

The noobs and kids are the ones with sniper rifles. The SMG infiltrators are the ones helping their team.
    • Up x 1
  6. Trebb

I for one have heard OPs cries, and switched my SMG Infil + noobtoob to an SMG infil + smoke grenades! Now I'm a team player! Is that ok? ;)
  7. holycaveman

A lot of good posts on this . Thanks

You can argue this or that. But the fact of the matter is there used to be a specific sniper (infil)class. Once the SMG came along everyone realized that it was definitely the easier way. I mean why take the time to learn good sniper skills when you can just SMG a person down. As it stands SMG infils are running everywhere. And a ton of PS2 players have to run on very low settings.

As far as the completely ignorant posters who simply Say"if you get killed you have no situational awareness". I suppose you never die to my rocket pods? Oh but wait! THOSE are OP. LMAO.

I completely accept people defending their particular play style. But it does not mean that this game is perfect.
  8. Vaphell

as an SMG infiltrator you are deadly within 10m and have to commit 100%. If your target is not alone, most likely you will get gunned down once your ammo runs out. So-so player armed with an SMG, assuming he approached from the side, will kill 1-2 people in his first action and that's it, to fare better you need to be absolutely godly at cutting LoS, knifing and sidearm play.
    Also it's not like inf jumps out of nowhere, his presence is long announced by whoosh-farting audible up to 100m away in perfect conditions, 30m no problem in noisy environment on junk hardware, while the inf needs to get within 10-15m to do his job. Just drop few darts and shut him down.

That said, it's sad that inf is pushed into plain boring meatgrinding further and further by the devs, while it had a potential of offering a playstyle ortogonal to the 'normal' shooting. Soloing in enemy territory to mess with the enemy becomes less viable with each passing day, eg infantry terminals got optimized away so how are you going to restock your toys? and recent change to recon darts makes them safe only in teamplay scenarios (protect teammates from ambushes and for the XP cut). When you flank the **** out of the enemy on your own dropping a dart does nothing but draws unwanted attention which may be too much for you to handle. Yep, i am trying to be all sneaky and stuff, but my cloak broadcasts my presence 50m in advance and deaf people are not left out in the cold, as they get see my activity on their minimaps.
    There is not much to do as an inf except finding a stalemate and farming people, just like everybody else.
  9. Juuppra

I usually use smg because of my playstyle. I'm the guy who is breaking enemy's stuff. I need something to defend myself in CQC situations.
  10. NinjaTurtle

OP if SOE removed everything in the game that people complained about there wouldn't be a game left.

I personally hate heavies with their "I win shield". Rather than running to the forums though to rant I just try to get better at engaging them
  11. holycaveman

Sure, my rocket pods never should have been nerfed. People just needed to l2p.

Heavies I can see. So I have a fighting chance. Infils I don't.

Everyone claims COD is for kiddies. Yet planetside is the game with invisible men and women with machine guns?
  12. Silver Fox

Any CQC infil worth his salt would hit you from behind or from the sides - exactly where if any other class did that you wouldn't have a fighting chance either. You see a heavy because he generally charges at you from straight on.
  13. LIKE A BOSS!

Just wait till the QQ once they nerf the BASR next patch. About 90% of the infiltrators will be SMG and the QQ on the forums will feed me. Im also keeping track of non-infiltrator players who say BASRs are OP just so I can point them out when they QQ on SMGs. In Call of Duty players QQ at snipers for quick scoping in close range. In Planetside 2 players QQ when snipers snipe at long ranges.
    • Up x 1
  14. faykid

i heard of Otakuwizard, but i don't remember meeting him. probably died to them, cant tell, it doesnt happen too often. what faction are they? i hope VS lol
  15. f0d

isnt it a buff to snipers? because i dont think they can OHK nanoweave players at any range now can they? at least they will be able to OHK nanoweave players upto 150m now
    • Up x 2
  16. faykid

on high settings it is hard to see them sometimes as well.
    i died to infiltrator in the desert mountains once. as a heavy! i saw him, started shooting, he cloaked and jumped into a small crevice. i couldn't see which direction he will take. i made the wrong bet, and he killed me.
    why did i die? because i was alone
    often it is enough just to hear the sound of cloaking and alert your teammates to the fact. the infiltrators are preying on lonely targets. playing as one, i never engage more than 1 target, it is just not practical, risky.
    basically, they are OP only to solo players
    • Up x 1
  17. i4PLAY

Until you show me some evidence (video or stats) of you playing this so called 'easy mode smg infil' and be any decent at it, I think everything you say isn't worth anything at all. Just another kid whining on the forums.
  18. HAYMAKER

Otakuwizard is a VS player. BR100 so is BloodyPuma.. I normally engage them when I play my TR. I then go and get my LA or medic shotgun set up do deal with them. Both super cool guys too. Otaku can rage a bit at times, but it makes me chuckle abit. Like doing small squads with him too. We always go look for crap way behind enemy lines. And I mean waaaay behind the lines.
  19. HAYMAKER

I can just imagine you creating a thread on the Crysis online forums..
  20. MrMurdok

Yeah, OP is right. SMG Infils are the most cheesy thing in game.

Now, excuse me while I press F to gain 1000 extra hit points and one shoot you with a rocket launcher.
    • Up x 3