Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. R3dBeaver

i found watching their youtube videos on optimization helps with the waiting...
    • Up x 1
  2. tallon74

Thanks for doing a good job :)

Also not sure if should mention this here but two graphic glitches / problems I have found that could be patched some time is as follows.

Under the Bridge in crater firing range some grass up in mid air.

And is West highlands checkpoint turret - the left one coming down the hill supposed to be in mid air keep falling off while repairing the dam thing ;)

Thanks in advance.
  3. Prestoned

it's the servers not serving fast enough -_- i/o ratio is hitching servers in big battles ....(teleporting enemies) only problem i see is my internet being maxed out 5.5Mb/s while playing this game -_- and CPU waiting on net ...classic case of the rubber bands
  4. Noppa

Gotta say, i was a bit worried that this patch would brake more than it fixes, but i´m very happy that everything went smooth... i think this is the smoothest patch ever, no problems, everything works, FPS is way better than it was!!

SO THNX SOE.. keep up the good work :D
  5. Targanwolf

My frame rate is 29 ...after the patch.
  6. VonStalin

mine ~75 in heavy fights. Before ~40.
  7. Jezs

Never dropped below 50 fps in a biolab fight with 100+ people on a $70 cpu, pretty decent optimization if you ask me
  8. Brasil

9. TH0R95

I like that SOE help so mutch people
    But for me the freamrate decreas from 60fps on high setings to 18fps after the patch
    on low setings i have 30fps
    The game is now unplayabel for me
    I have a new Ailianware Gamer Laptop and all other games run with no problems
    I dont know for what reason the patch run so bad
    I hope very you can fix this. i love planetside2 and play it a view houers but now i realy cant play it anymore :(
  10. TH0R95

I like that SOE help so mutch people
    But for me the freamrate decreas from 60fps on high setings to 18fps after the patch
    on low setings i have 30fps
    The game is now unplayabel for me
    I have a new Ailianware Gamer Laptop and all other games run with no problems
    I dont know for what reason the patch run so bad
    I hope very you can fix this. i love planetside2 and play it a view houers but now i realy cant play it anymore :(

(Ups wrong color)
  11. SupremeJ

To be honest I'm in the same boat as a few people. I'm a victim of buying a first gen processor.
    My specs are:
    i5 650
    gts 250
    8 ddr 333 I believe
    I was getting 20-15 frames in huge battles and I'm getting the same post patch. I have a Tier 4 processor according to heirarchy (sp) charts. So I wanna know what's up. I should be decent stats on low. Let me know If I have a chance in hell to be playable or should I upgrade now.

Does anyone have the 8350 it looks good and cheap. Let me know.
  12. SargentoAlegria

I'm really glad about your efforts guys, but could you tell us something about the progress with the "crash to desktop" issue?
  13. SupremeJ

I don't mean to be a pest or anything at all. I just want to know where my hardware as is stands.
    I've been playing since closed beta I deserve that at least.
  14. codeForge

Supreme, your hardware should be getting a much higher frame rate than that. What resolution are you running at? What graphics settings? You may try pressing the "Reset to defaults" button in config to see if that helps. Your weak point is likely your GPU, which would also make sense as to why you wouldn't see a huge increase in performance.
  15. eclicorp

my dell xps like dead in yje woodbox :( in big battles
  16. Cookie5000

My game keeps crashing to Desktop and I only can play it for like 3 to 10 minutes without it getting CTD. Please fix it!
  17. papasito25llps4

Ok first of all for those who have a old pc rig come lets be realistic that you need to upgrade, for those of us who play on $800-$1200 laptops, I know that the settings can't be on medium or on ultra common sense. When I heard this game finally released after couple days I went to download it, and I knew that since its open world like any other open world game that my 8gbs of ram would eat $H!t. So I lowered everything settings were so damn low that I was even getting only 10-20fps, I was like screw it impossible. 6 months later I again download the game lowest was 15-25fps. Now I get 15-60fps. Same situations just shows that the optimization is really needed. Now I can't wait to go home and get on to play for the last week. Am NC and played 2 nights ago EPIC Battle I was rank 400 due to I just got on and Everyone was trying to defend and it was a small base. 400 people both side so maybe 800 people total... DUDE WTF!!!! I was getting 24-37fps. Even BF3 was worse lol...

My Rig
    Laptop - $800
    GPU- Not Dedicated Intel 3000 HD
    CPU- 3rd gen i7 2.2ghz
    Memory 8gbs ram

See I run texture High, No shadows, lighting medium, no motion, no ambient occulision, no Flora, Render at 70%. 1600x900 With these settings I get great STABLE CONSTANT Framerate. No Complaints now if you can make it even better then I can implant medium graphics quality or maybe the particles or effects on high instead of medium. Maybe even just render more.

Thank you and sorry for this long POST but I truly appreciate the work that is being done. Wish it was done a bit sooner but ehh, no other game can do this so whatever. Just waiting on servers.
  18. bball13

I constantly have FPS of 35 - 60 (depending on number players and rockets being shot) while playing on ultra Settings (at 1920 x 1080).

Some games have run smoother but never with this number of players in the same place and with this level of detail (cod / bf3).
    The only problem I face are the freezes every 20 minutes or so where my GPU driver seems to restart (Nvidia 314.22) as the screen freezes for 2 secs, followed by 2 secs of black screen and afterwards the game continues while there is no problem with sound at the same time.

i7-2600€ @3,4Ghz
    16GB RAM
    GTX 660TI 2GB

Sure I would like to get 80-120 frames so I can get the benefit of my 120Hz monitor but as the frames never drop below 35 its fine for me.
  19. AllEyesOn

Who cares?
    Learn to save money....

Focus on much more important things like Server Laggs fixing...
  20. TH0R95

I have an new Ailianware Gamer Laptop

Intel Core i7-4700MQ
    CPU 2.40GHz
    8GB RAM

Bevore the patch planetside runn an high settings without problems
    After the patch i have 12fps - 20fps on low settings without a fight