SIMPLE SOLUTION TO GET RID OF HACKERS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by akayds, Nov 19, 2013.

1. akayds

Obligation to have a credit card number bound to your account. If a hacker account is confirmed ban the credit card number thus keeping any account creation with that credit card. Of course it has to be able to verify it's a legit number. Hackers will eventually get reported and get their credit card numbers perma banned and slowly the game will be hacker-free. What do you think? Idk if someone already thought about that but anyways this would be a really good idea imo
    • Up x 2
  2. Alexlightning7

It doesn't take a genius to see the incredibly obvious faults with this.
    Who in their right mind is going to give their credit card number out to a game. that is ridiculously stupid and most of the people that actually CAN pay money in the game will avoid doing so due to this.

It will also reduce the player population of those that don't pay money in the game by a huge margin, since most simply don't have or use credit cards in games.

This is a huge security risk for anyone who want to play the game and may end up killing the game. This is not a subscription based MMO, and even then, you usually have seperate options like paypal to use.

I would never input my credit card into a game like this. I don't even do it for the few other MMOs I have played. If I really need to I would usually get a Debit card with like 50$ on it and use it.

So no, bad idea. I have honestly yet to see a hacker after playing this game since beta. I have heard some people complain of hackers in some fights, but never personally seen one. I don't think its nearly as hacker filled as some people make it out to be.
    • Up x 4
  3. vulcan78

I ran into an NC light assault during an alert last night on Connery at Dahaka Amp Station and I was running a ZOE Max with exactly 50% of my health remaining when I rounded a corner to go up a set of stairs and with ZOE OFF this player stood at the top of the stairwell and strafed left and right while shooting me with a semi-auto shotgun, it only took about 8 rounds or so but was very rapid and I was dead within 3 seconds. Meanwhile I was pelting this guy in the face with dual Blueshift the entire time. I don't know, it didn't feel legit. The character had relatively low BR, had some generic name (RTRKKCE01 or something etc.) and I suspected some kind of hack. I mean, he literally just blew me out of the way like a was a pile of dry leaves and he was using a leaf blower. This from a Light Assault! No shield! Stuff like this on top of one faction (we all know who) having an inherently more powerful weapons arsenal just make me want to walk away from this game. Not having a whole lot of fun lately. I should also note that I was running level 3 small-arms resistance (85% or so) on that Max. The speed at which this guy was firing, (3 rounds a second?) the magazine size, and the amount of damage inflicted (50% to 0% in less than 3 seconds, again ZOE was off) to me is extremely suspect, again I was shooting him/her in the face and upper torso with Blueshift at the same time, usually about 1 second at the distance we were at will drop non-Heavies but he was doing a really cheap (and seemingly quicker than usual) strafe maneuver while simultaneously managing to keep rounds on target.

I accused him/her of hacking via Tell but received no response. Kinda pointless to point stuff like this out to SOE as there doesn't seem to be any enforcement.
  4. NC_agent00kevin

Your opinion and I disagree. Its no different than an Origin account, a Steam account, Paypal, Amazon, etc etc.

I lol'd at this one. Really, I laughed. Let me get this straight. In 2013, you dont have a bank account? Your parents dont? You can afford a PC capable of running this game but no one has a bank account? Do you just store your money under the mattress or what?

Actually, this is a subscription based game. Its no more of a security risk than registering your card info to any other online service.

That would be fine. It usually costs about 10 bucks for one of those so hackers would have to keep throwing money at it.

Then your eyes are wide shut.

Granted, Ive seen less obvious cheaters in the last couple months, but prior to that there was a long period where it was nothing to see several per day. Not to mention the not-so-obvious ones, like no COF, no recoil, no reloads, ESP, etc etc. Some of these 'top tier' players would have to have a latency of zero, superhuman reaction time and clairvoyance to be as 'good' as they are. If you think there are no cheaters, heaven forbid you ever admin a game server.
  5. Scatterblak

troll. Skip it. This has been discussed about a bazillion times.
  6. Alexlightning7

Last I checked, owning a steam, origin, station, or amazon account does not require you to input a credit card.
    the entire point of paypal is that you have a minimal amount of risk to your actual card as compared to using it openly.
    Even that, your not required to have a credit card inputed at all times if you don't want too.
    I also think you seriously underestimate the amount of players that this game has that don't pay any money.

And since when is planetside a subscription based game?
    • Up x 3
  7. Utrooperx

I pay every stinking month...re-occurring subscription...I get 500 SC and assorted other (generally worthless) perks...aside from practically zero wait time continent hopping and bonus resources/xp.

I also get to deal with script kiddies with guided missile bullets with no CoF/recoil/threat detection with ESP abilities that would astound any practicing medium...I get to deal with opponents that take claymores to the face, walk thru rivers of lead, and knife me...opponents that I can hear call out my position as I travel thru tunnels underground...oh, the list goes on!

Try googling "Planetside 2 cheats"...and remember...if you have nothing invested and get caught (FTP)...just start another FREE account!

The whole premise of the OP is to make the player have a "investment" to deter the easy cheating script kiddies...and I for one wholly support it.

If SoE ever implements a informative "You are Dead" screen that details distance from shooter, weapon used, how many shots fired, how many hits, and over all accuracy, the script kiddies will cry rivers of tears as they are revealed...and banned.
    • Up x 2
  8. akayds

About that "credit card / debit card bind and paying money" I mentioned the game will still be free and no charges will be put on the cards it's just a anti-hacking measure if they charge you you can sue them for not giving you a notice or without asking you JUST like any company that would require a credit card for subscription. This is safe and would destroy the hacking community once and for all if it's worth losing a few "scared of putting my card online in 2013" people so be it. They're probably huge campers in the game anyway. So yea this is the best solution I can think of and if you're quick to disregard it at least bring up some better solution.
  9. akayds

How about this: account creation requires either this credit card input OR option 2

option 2: cellphone number mandatory on account and you download an app like the Battle.net authenticator (that sends a number on your phone for whoever is not familiar) and you put that number into the account to authenticate it's the real phone number or just a text could do the job i guess.. but in any case I don't think hackers have an arsenal of cellphone numbers to use maybe that could work too?

P.S. once the account is confirmed for hacking that cellphone number is banned from any account creation just like the credit card option
  10. MaCritz

I think you are very confused.. Having a bank account doesn't mean that you have a credit card.. Heck, it is not recommended to have a credit card unless you have a job... I don't know how things work in murica but there are not a lot of options for players outside the US.. For Asian players, it's much worse.. They have to use their credit card in which they do not own due to the fact that they do not have a job (filthy rich kids are an exception)...
  11. RobotNinja

I see you've forgotten how well SOE and Sony take care of customers' credit card numbers.
    http://www.techhive.com/article/226...ainment_hacked_12700_credit_cards_stolen.html

We don't need SOE to ban credit card numbers. We don't need a better reporting system.

What we need is SOE to implement an actual anti-hack because currently their anti-hack measures consist basically of...nothing and we need SOE/PS2's "ban enforcement team" to actually give a crap about players using exploits and cheats.

We've got numerous BR100s still in game who were flat out caught with cheats and/or using bots/dummy accounts for massive stat-padding and who were let off with a "warning" because they're in the cool kids club apparently.

I've seen the forums on hack sites where hackers post the emails they get from the SOE ban team, informing them they're being given "second chances" and only temporary suspensions after being caught using hacks because they've spent a few SC on the game and the people on these forums have literally laughed at them and then went straight back to hacking. SOE's "sophisticated cheat detection algorithm" is a running joke in hack circles. Crap games like Combat Arms have better hack detection than PS2, whose "sophisticated" protection solely consists of the crash reporter listing what processes you're running when the game crashes.

Yes, in order to catch cheaters SOE's hack detection relies on the game client being such a piece of crap that it crashes constantly. The crash reporter can easily be disabled and not only that the people that sell these hacks aren't dumb enough to name them PS2Haxxx.exe anyway. Instead, these hacks are run through java, web services or attached to system services.

This is coming from the company that Smedley insisted is taking a hardline stance against hackers.

Their hardline stance basically consists of being able to catch only a bare fraction of the most dumbest and obvious cheaters...and even when they do catch them they only give them temporary suspensions!

To be honest, It's not even worth getting spun up about it because SOE has made it obvious how little they care about policing PS2 through their actions and their repeated cases of letting "celebrity" players off the hook as long as they like...totally promise not to do it again.
  12. MaCritz

The day this happens is the day PS2 dies.. For good.. PS3 coming soon in 2050...
  13. ST4LK3R

Debit Cards are available in many South East Asia countries. You can even get one even if you are a student(~15-16 yr old) at least here in Singapore. Malaysia and Thailand are not that bad too. As long as someone can afford to get a PC that can run PS2, having a Credit/Debit Card wouldn't be a problem.

Regardless of the availability of credit/debit cards, implementing a system like OP suggested would drive away a portion of the players. I dislike that kinda systems and it's gonna be hard to attract new players.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we need is moar active GM monitoring during prime-time and more transparency to know what happens to the accused. I've reported a lot of players mostly for being genitalwards and exploiting know and common bugs like shooting from underground or rocks.I usually report in game via /report and then make a ticket on support site with link to video screenshots because in game report queue is like 700-1000+ most of the time but I'd get a reply for the ticket in about 8-24hrs.
    At least it is a lot better now compare to 1-3 months after the launch. I don't think SOE is going to do anything about anti-cheat system until they finish optimizing this PC game for PS4...errr..I mean OMFG patch and tests. wooops!
  14. Sliced

I personally don't have a credit card, and hopefully never will. I stick with Debit cards.
    So that would mean I could not play the game.

I know it's hard to imagine, but I could see people stealing credit cards to play this game.
    Also, if hackers know that SoEs database is filled with thousands of valid credit cards then it could become a valid target.
  15. MaCritz

Yeah, I'm aware of debit cards.. But I refuse to get one so that I could control my spending habit (I'm afraid that I might go crazy with my spending).. Hence, I rely on my friend (who has a credit card) to get SCs and what not.. :D
  16. Pootisman

Then most europeans wont be able to play the game because credit cards arent popular here.
    Young players also wont be able to play.
  17. A3DELITIST

Some sort of app/process that on first run scans your rig for network adapters MAC and makes a note of your system setup and bans hackers entire systems so they cant be just making a second account.
  18. Camycamera

what hackers?
  19. A3DELITIST

The ones on PlanetSide 2. YouTube will show you exactly.
  20. Daikar

Been playing for about one year now and only seen 2 or 3 hackers, most players just assume it's an hacker when they can't explain how they died. I've been called a hacker more times than I care to remember.